PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Radio Just Mentioned The Falcons Maybe Being Interested In Nall Or Edwards

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Surely it's all just them speculating but thought it was interesting.

OpIv37
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
they'll probably want someone with experience because Harrington sucks and there's a good chance their back up will see the field.

But that being said, who do they have that we may want? (Realistically of course- I'd love to trade Nall for Crumpler straight up but we all know that ain't happening).

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
they'll probably want someone with experience because Harrington sucks and there's a good chance their back up will see the field.

But that being said, who do they have that we may want? (Realistically of course- I'd love to trade Nall for Crumpler straight up but we all know that ain't happening).
5th, 6th, maybe a 7th? I'd take a 6th.

OpIv37
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
5th, 6th, maybe a 7th? I'd take a 6th.

Edwards for a 3rd :snicker:

Mudflap1
Nall for DeAngelo Hall? Nall for Rod Coleman? What a fortuitous move that would be!!!

Jon

gr8slayer
Losman for a first :couch:

don137
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
tell them to give Philly a call...I hear they have a Vick clone that goes by the name of Holcomb...

DraftBoy
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
WR Laurent Robinson

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
tell them to give Philly a call...I hear they have a Vick clone that goes by the name of Holcomb...
:snicker:

Bulldog
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
At this point, why wouldn't Atlanta go after Culpepper? He may be thier best option.

Carlton Bailey
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
LOL. Trent Edwards hasn't even taken a regular-season snap and already he's the new Matt Schaub. Smart pick, Bills. Either Trent will be good for us, or some desperate team will give Buffalo a lot for him.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
LOL. Trent Edwards hasn't even taken a regular-season snap and already he's the new Matt Schaub. Smart pick, Bills. Either Trent will be good for us, or some desperate team will give Buffalo a lot for him.
Again, it was more speculation than anything. They didn't point blank say "the Falcons are interested in Trent Edwards."

Mad Bomber
07-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I'd love to trade Nall for Crumpler straight up
:drool:

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Nall for a 3rd next year. Nall would love a chance to compete against Harrington instead of JP.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
With all the other options out there, I can't imagine why they would be looking to Buffalo.
My prediction? Drew Bledsoe comes out of retirement, and muddles his way through 6 games before being benched in favor of Harrington

venis2k1
07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Matt Schaub is somewhere laughing.

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
With all the other options out there, I can't imagine why they would be looking to Buffalo.
My prediction? Drew Bledsoe comes out of retirement, and muddles his way through 6 games before being benched in favor of Harrington haha! both sack magnets.

Michael82
07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
yeah he is. :rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
07-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Until he breaks Carr's sack record.

mysticsoto
07-24-2007, 03:50 PM
At this point, why wouldn't Atlanta go after Culpepper? He may be thier best option.

Exactly what I was going to say...

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Exactly what I was going to say...

In a press conference to discuss Michael Vick on Tuesday, the Falcons confirmed they'll add another QB to their roster near the start of camp.
Could it be Daunte Culpepper? According to Profootballtalk.com, Daunte may not even be close to ready to handle physical drills, let alone hitting. Bobby Petrino could always reach into his past and snag free agent Stefan LeFors.

mysticsoto
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
In a press conference to discuss Michael Vick on Tuesday, the Falcons confirmed they'll add another QB to their roster near the start of camp.
Could it be Daunte Culpepper? According to Profootballtalk.com, Daunte may not even be close to ready to handle physical drills, let alone hitting. Bobby Petrino could always reach into his past and snag free agent Stefan LeFors.

That would mean he was really getting hyped up in the Miami press for nothing...

Well, there's always Holcomb for them...Neither Nall or Edwards has done anything that would make me think Atlanta would chase them. Nall has never started and not shown any indication that he is ready to start, and Edwards is a complete rookie.

I sincerely doubt Atlanta would pursue either of them...

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
That would mean he was really getting hyped up in the Miami press for nothing...

Well, there's always Holcomb for them...Neither Nall or Edwards has done anything that would make me think Atlanta would chase them. Nall has never started and not shown any indication that he is ready to start, and Edwards is a complete rookie.

Like I said at the start of this thread. It, in my opinion is the guys on Sirius speculating but they mentioned it.

jamze132
07-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Nall and a 3rd for Crumpler

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Nall and a 3rd for Crumpler
Keep dreaming.

ibatiger
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Nall for a 3rd next year. Nall would love a chance to compete against Harrington instead of JP.

It'll never happen but if it did then Nall would probably go in as the one to beat for the starting job. I think the thing that'll keep it from happening is that Jauron really likes Nall as his backup and would never let him go this year. Maybe if this was happening next year and he knew what he had in Edwards then he might consider it. My guess is that a stick of dynamite couldn't separate Nall from Bufflalo this year, and probably not until after his contract is up after 2008.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM
It'll never happen but if it did then Nall would probably go in as the one to beat for the starting job. I think the thing that'll keep it from happening is that Jauron really likes Nall as his backup and would never let him go this year. Maybe if this was happening next year and he knew what he had in Edwards then he might consider it. My guess is that a stick of dynamite couldn't separate Nall from Bufflalo this year, and probably not until after his contract is up after 2008.
Nall would go in as the starter over Harrington? Yeah right.

ibatiger
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM

Nall has not started but has shown every indication that he is ready to start. That is why he is here. And he could well be our starter if he hadn't pulled the ham last summer. You can bet that Atlanta is looking at him, although I doubt that they could make a deal. Nall is likely worth more to Buffalo as the current backup than what Atlanta would be willing to offer. There are other fish out there for Atlanta to look at and they can probably get somebody to get them through this year for a low price. They can always just hitch their wagon to Harrington for this one year on a trial basis.

ibatiger
07-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Nall would go in as the starter over Harrington? Yeah right.

He'd beat out Harrington in a heartbeat. But so would a few other backups out there right now.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
He'd beat out Harrington in a heartbeat. But so would a few other backups out there right now.
:homer:

casdhf
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
He's right . . . there are probably 50 QBs in the NFL better than Harrington.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 05:07 PM
He's right . . . there are probably 50 QBs in the NFL better than Harrington.
And one of them isn't Craig Nall.

ibatiger
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
And one of them isn't Craig Nall.

Craig Nall is better than some current starters and certainly better than most backups. But Harrington is going to probably start at Atlanta this year anyway. That's the sensible move by Petrino.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Craig Nall is better than some current starters and certainly better than most backups. But Harrington is going to probably start at Atlanta this year anyway. That's the sensible move by Petrino.
And you base this on what?

ddaryl
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Nall has not started but has shown every indication that he is ready to start. That is why he is here. And he could well be our starter if he hadn't pulled the ham last summer.

Ahh the art of comedy is not lost.

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Harrington is what he is...a backup QB. Nall hasn't proven he's starting material, but more importantly he hasn't proven he's NOT starting material. If the Bills could trade him for a 3rd rounder, I'd do it in a second, know that the Falcons will have a high 3rd round pick.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 07:29 PM
but more importantly he hasn't proven he's NOT starting material.

I haven't proven I'm not starting material.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 07:31 PM

Nall for 3rd would be awesome but not likely. Maybe Edwards for a 2nd?

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
I haven't proven I'm not starting material.
You also haven't proven you can stand in the pocket with NFL defenders coming at you without soiling your underpants.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Actually what Jim Miller said on sirius is that Nall may be on the trading block because the Bills are very high on Trent edwards so that may be a direction that the Falcons would look. They said nothing about trading Edwards, and it was pure speculation at best.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Actually what Jim Miller said on sirius is that Nall may be on the trading block because the Bills are very high on Trent edwards so that may be a direction that the Falcons would look. They said nothing about trading Edwards, and it was pure speculation at best.
No, the specifically mentioned them both as possible trades and as I've stated at least three times in this thread it is pure speculation on their part.

YardRat
07-24-2007, 08:11 PM
My money's on Harrington, with both Nall and Edwards staying in Buffalo.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
My money's on Harrington, with both Nall and Edwards staying in Buffalo.
+1 They did say in their press conference today that they need to sign another QB for training camp.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Aaron Brooks?

X-Era
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Surely it's all just them speculating but thought it was interesting.

Yes, its speculation, and stop calling me Shirley.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Unless it was on a different show or it was later on in the show they never mentioned Edwards as a possible trade when I was listening.

djjimkelly
07-25-2007, 07:56 AM
nall fpr any DP they would be willing to give up. hes never gonna take a meaningful snap as a bill lets get something for him and rid ourselves of 2 mil a year!!!!!!

djjimkelly
07-25-2007, 07:58 AM
i also doubt we make any move who be our 3rd qb. although id love to see nall gone

Night Train
07-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Atlanta will be the next destination for the Tim Couch comeback attempt.