PDA

View Full Version : Charles Tillman Re-Signed

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:00 PM
NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that Charles Tillman on a six-year extension through 2013 worth $41.5 million, with $18.5 million in guarantees.
Chicago signed Nathan Vasher to a similar extension last month, so the Bears have one of the best young cornerback tandems locked up for six seasons. Tillman got $2.9 million more guaranteed, although the deal is probably backloaded. Tillman has been inconsistent as a pro, but was one of the league's best in 2006.
I wonder how under valued Asante Samuel must be feeling right about now.

Ravens signed fifth-round QB Troy Smith to a three-year contract.
We're not sure if Smith is viewed by Baltimore as a potential QB of the future, but coordinator Rick Neuheisel should have a good idea by the end of his first season. Smith does have learning from Steve McNair on his side.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
But they won't re-sign Briggs? Weird.

mikemac2001
07-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Didnt resign Holdman or colvin and they have seemed to always find a replacement

i like briggs but i see there side of it

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Didnt resign Holdman or colvin and they have seemed to always find a replacement

i like briggs but i see there side of it
Yeah kinda like the Ravens and their LB's, they do always seem to find a replacement when they lose a big name.

mikemac2001
07-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah kinda like the Ravens and their LB's, they do always seem to find a replacement when they lose a big name.

The key is the pieces around them, Stout Dline and Urlacher its so hard for the offense to focus on the other guys so it lets the OLB's Roam

Carlton Bailey
07-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I still wish we'd somehow land Briggs before the season. He'd help this defense so much and, in my opinion, make the Bills a playoff team.