Am i the only one that is upset about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Am i the only one that is upset about this?

i am not trying to be the board a-hole..

but i am seriously upset that we didnt get adams..

i keep hearing, oh you turn on td so fast.. but alot of you were all about adams a week ago when it looked like a lock that he was coming here..

i am not saying that TD is horrible.. i am saying that he has made a very bad personell decision imho.. and that this single personell decision, the DT, was the most important one to be made all offseason..

sure he has come through for us in other areas, but read Ingtars post about our defense.. the whole thing revolves around the DT spot..

we are going to need a massive DT to help our weaksauce DEs do something.. DEFENSIVE LINE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT OFFSEASON NEED!! we are now putting our faith in the likes of

jones - injury past, only one dominant season, years ago, on a good defense
    mckenzie - injury past, never a consistent starter, no other teams wanted him, so we got him in february
    schobel - has shown that he can be good, but not great = to phil hansen
    edwards - got pushed all over the place.. horrible
    bannan - see above
    pat williams - the only dominant player on our line.. will be 31 this season.. you all call Adams old, but williams is not?

we have been lucky not to have williams get hurt.. but i tell you what.. if pat williams goes down.. without someone like Adams to tow the line.. we are done.. and i mean done..

and throw in posey who will be playing much like a Dlineman i assume with the blitzing.. he has had part of one good season..

now.. all these things could work out fine.. but that is alot of damn ifs and very few definates other than pat..

like i said.. if pat gets hurt..

we are dead meat..

i dont understand how you guys can not be upset by this..

i realize i am being outspoken about it.. i am just in a bad mood, but i think this is a serious issue...

we are capable of fielding a superbowl team this year.. but i feel like those hopes took a huge hit today. a huge hit.:ko:
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

feel better now?
    Thank you.

Comment

• jchild178
      • Mar 2003

i hate to think your right Tatonka but i must admit you are very right! im kinda disappointed we didnt get adams as well but i still got faith in TD and i just hope he makes it up with the loss of adams!

Comment

• pmoon6
        Legendary Zoner
        • Dec 2002

Chester McGlockton is still out there. Comparable to Adams against the run and a better pass rusher from the inside.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

not really..

i just cant believe i am on an island with this opinion.. i am shocked really.. i thought alot of other people wanted adams as bad as i did.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6
            Chester McGlockton is still out there. Comparable to Adams against the run and a better pass rusher from the inside.
            almost 35 years old.. and will want about the same money as adams.. i promise..

if td wouldnt pay adams.. he wont pay an older guy for sure.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

Take it easy. He hasn’t signed anywhere yet. Last year this guy waited until June before he signed. I’d rather have TD be cautious then go out and drop a ton of cash on this guy. The last time we “loaded up” for one last run was in 99 and we’ve suffered for years because of that.

Just give it some time.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BillsNYC
                Man of the People
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                not really..

i just cant believe i am on an island with this opinion.. i am shocked really.. i thought alot of other people wanted adams as bad as i did.
                naw man...i'm there with ya...but big TD has failed to let us down yet...gotta stay positive...

Thank you.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

I didn't know he was that old and to answer,you're not the only one upset about not getting Adams.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

I would like to see Adams here, but I'm 100% with TD on this. ON our terms for our money. His prodution goes down toward the end of the year cause he is out of shape. If reports are true and he has any kind of knee promblem than his market value is way down. I say go TD, he always has a back-up plan!
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

I think we all would have liked Sam to be a Bill.

but...........

I don't think Sam was anywhere near a long term solution to the DT position. I figure he was good for a year or 2 max. Thats just his MO.

Thats why Im not upset, while I think we can have a SB caliber team (talent wise) with Sam I don't think it happens for 2 years or so from now before this bunch is capable of running there schedule and blowing through the post season. I am also pretty sure that GW will not be the coach of this team when it happens either.

I still think we have lots to do. I am sure TD will have something for us at DT. A long term solution. Have faith :)
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

hey pat.. i will say this.. i want sam bad.. but i DONT want a sam adams that is not here for all the conditioning programs the coaches run..

i dont want the sam adams that was out of shape last year.. i want the beast from 1999-2001..

i overlooked last years performance because i am of the opinion that he can and would play better here next to pat.. and with rusty jones..

if he waits last minute, he may not be a good signing..

that said..

i dont think he would consider coming back to us to talk contract after the insulting offer td gave him.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

"i dont think he would consider coming back to us to talk contract after the insulting offer td gave him."

Than so be it byby Sammy!
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

TD's position onAdams I'm sure was based on the sentiments of the coaches as well. I'm sure the contract was based on everyone's opinion of him at FO level.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              TD's position onAdams I'm sure was based on the sentiments of the coaches as well. I'm sure the contract was based on everyone's opinion of him at FO level.
                              and?

i dont care how he came up with his position..

if he didnt want him, he wouldnt have offered him a 4 year deal..

they just made a bad choice in telling a guy that has been to probowls, won superbowls, and anchored top 5 run defense lines that he needs to play for pay..

like he was some scrub rookie that needed to prove he belongs in the nfl..

look at edgerine james.. he is getting whored by his contract due to that.. he got hurt and made crap that year.. after leading the nfl for 2 years in yardage..

if i was a player, or any of you.. if you sit there and tell me that you would sign a contract, in a full contact game where people get hurt all the time, that stated that if you get hurt.. you dont make a fraction of what you should.. your a liar.. you wouldnt sign it.. especialy if it were known that you are one of the best at your position..

Comment

Working...
                              X