PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys New Stadium

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/HPIM0491.jpg

Thing is really starting to look good. Here's a good web-site if you want to see what it should look like. They're calling it "Jerry Land."

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

DALLAS COWBOYS STADIUM
Design Statistics

Total Square Footage: 2.3 million square feet. The entire Statue of Liberty and its base could fit into the stadium with the roof closed. The stadium is also the world's largest column-free room. The American Airlines Center in Dallas could fit entirely into the new stadium at field level.

Interior Cubic Volume: 104 million cubic feet. (By comparison, Reliant Stadium in Houston measures 90 million cubic feet.) The Dallas Cowboys stadium will be the largest enclosed stadium (in cubic feet) in the NFL.

Seating Capacity: A capacity of 80,000 plus standing room or additional seating in the end zones, along with ticketed areas in the end zone plazas can increase total capacity to 100,000.

Suites: There will be 200 suites in eight different locations on five separate levels of the stadium. Field-level suites will be available on the sidelines as well as in the end zone for up-close and personal viewing of the games. The Hall of Fame level suites will be 20 rows from the field, making them the closest in the NFL.

Domed Roof: At 660,800 square feet, the stadium will be the largest domed structure in the world.

Retractable Roof: The open roof design that was a unique feature of Texas Stadium will be carried over into the design of the new stadium, with the improvement of a new retractable feature, revealing an opening that measures 256 feet wide and 410 feet long. Two bi-parting mechanized roof panels – each measuring 63,000 square feet – will be driven by a rack-and-pinion drive system consisting of 64 7.5 HP electric motors, making it the first of its kind in the world. The open/close time is 12 minutes.

Arches: The roof is supported by two 35-feet deep and 15-feet wide boxed arch trusses. Each truss spans 1,290 feet – nearly a quarter mile – making the roof the longest clear-span structure in the world. The arches are more than twice the length of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.

chubluv
07-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Wow. That looks like its going to be a cool looking place.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow. That looks like its going to be a cool looking place.
Yeah, too bad the politicians in Dallas were being cheap asses and didn't give Jerry what he wants. Now we here in Dallas will have a ***** of a drive to get there.

Carlton Bailey
07-24-2007, 11:51 PM
That's going to be the most impressive stadium in American history, in my opinion, similar to Wembley in England. Too bad it belongs to Dallas. Nevertheless, I can't wait to see it open.

MTBillsFan
07-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Really? WHO CARES, IT's the ***** Cowgirls!!! Jerry Jones is a scum bag who shouldn't be aloud on the field...

Night Train
07-25-2007, 05:27 AM
I hope he drops over at the dedication.

He's ruining the NFL as we know it.

gr8slayer
07-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Really? WHO CARES, IT's the ***** Cowgirls!!! Jerry Jones is a scum bag who shouldn't be aloud on the field...
Why because he's successful at everything he takes on?

Bills Juggernaut
07-25-2007, 07:55 AM

No, because he has 3 more Super Bowl rings than our owner does (that's why I hate him atleast)!!!!!

Luisito23
07-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Da hell with the Cowboys....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

ddaryl
07-25-2007, 08:22 AM
WTF

**** Dallas. It is officially a very sad day when a Bills fan posts something like this on a Bills forum.

I hate Dallas with every ounce of hate I can muster up

gr8slayer
07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
WTF

**** Dallas. It is officially a very sad day when a Bills fan posts something like this on a Bills forum.

I hate Dallas with every ounce of hate I can muster up
I'll be posting Indy's next year too.

The Spaz
07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
**** that.

justasportsfan
07-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I can't stand Jerry JOnes. I hope the stadium gets hit with a tornado as soon as its finished.

gr8slayer
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I can't stand Jerry JOnes. I hope the stadium gets hit with a tornado as soon as its finished.
Don't say that, I'll be in it every other Sunday.

justasportsfan
07-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Don't say that, I'll be in it every other Sunday.
forgot to say, no casualties. Just the stadium torn apart as if a meteor just hit it.

gr8slayer
07-25-2007, 09:41 AM
forgot to say, no casualties. Just the stadium torn apart as if a meteor just hit it.
Ah ok, that makes it all better :rofl:

gr8slayer
07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Well you almost got your wish............. kinda...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=130847

justasportsfan
07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Well you almost got your wish............. kinda...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=130847
that sucks..... wish it happened when it was already built.

ddaryl
07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll be posting Indy's next year too.

Indy is OK

Dallas deserves to be nuked (figuratively speaking)

Valerie
07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
While it looks cool, I guess I'm sad about losing Texas Stadium. All the memories. That place is a landmark, IMHO. Just because something is big and new, doesn't make it better. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was 12 and I have never been to Texas Stadium. I guess I better get mybutt down there before it's gone forever. :broken:

gr8slayer
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
While it looks cool, I guess I'm sad about losing Texas Stadium. All the memories. That place is a landmark, IMHO. Just because something is big and new, doesn't make it better. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was 12 and I have never been to Texas Stadium. I guess I better get mybutt down there before it's gone forever. :broken:
I've got tickets if you want to come down for a game.

Valerie
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I've got tickets if you want to come down for a game.
For real?!?!?!?!? I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to come down and see a game in Texas Stadium!!!!!!! Thanks! Let me know what games are good for you. :buddies:

Nighthawk
07-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Sigh...so that's what it looks like when an owner makes a commitment to an area. I could only dream that someday the Bills would put up a new stadium downtown...that's if they stay. Oh, and that will be the only way they stay is if a new stadium is promised to keep them...mark my words.

realdealryan
07-25-2007, 08:11 PM
We have a couple percent added on to our meals at local restaurants to pay for this thing in Indy....glorious. Should be a nice venue for any kind of event when it is done, and it is still downtown. I wish we could win a Super Bowl and get a new stadium...

http://oxblue.com/archive/8252a53cdf135347c0dd1d16228b6ff2/1024x768.jpg

Nighthawk
07-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow, that would look great in downtown Buffalo! There are definitely ways to get the money and it is feasible, but this place always seems to mess things up. I pray that we are able to get something done in the near future to keep the Bills here for a long time!

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
gr8slayer negs me and proclaims Dallas as his 2nd favorite team.

No true Buffalo Bills fan would ever proclaim something so foolish

all Bills Fans pos rep me to make up for gr8slayers neg. I don't deserve such a fate from a self proclaimed Dallas Cowboys fan. :puke:

and neg the piss out of gr8slayer for being Cowboys fan... I never thought I'd see this day.

Oh and please take the itme to give real rep...

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 09:24 AM
gr8slayer negs me and proclaims Dallas as his 2nd favorite team.

No true Buffalo Bills fan would ever proclaim something so foolish

all Bills Fans pos rep me to make up for gr8slayers neg. I don't deserve such a fate from a self proclaimed Dallas Cowboys fan. :puke:

and neg the piss out of gr8slayer for being Cowboys fan... I never thought I'd see this day.
I hated the cowboys more than any other team until I moved to So. Fla. They are still my 2nd most hated team. Here comes my neg from slayer then. Bring it!!!

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 09:28 AM
That's fine, neg me. I have bigger things to worry about than fake reputation.

I see nothing wrong with following a second team. Hell neg me even more, I also follow the Ravens and Steelers. I'm a fan of the NFL before I'm a fan of the Bills. But before you jump to conclusions, here's some pictures of my new game room in our new house. You tell me where you think my loyalty lies first and foremost.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/HPIM0440.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/HPIM0439.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/HPIM0438.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/HPIM0441.jpg

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 09:43 AM

I'm not gonna neg you bro. ;) although I should for those Flutie posters. Actually I have one of him.....holding a knife and looking for Robosack but couldn't find him because Robo was laying down underneath a pile of players.

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Damn! 12,000 people showed up to the Alamo Dome for Cowboys TC today.

mikemac2001
07-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Nice Leg in the photo Gr8

Also What show you Watching looks pretty dumb

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Nice Leg in the photo Gr8

Also What show you Watching looks pretty dumb
It's C&C 3, videogame.

superbills
07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, I will say one thing, it's going to be one hell of a palace for the 'Boys. I'll tell you what, though. I hate Jerry Jones and I'll never be a Cowboys fan, but I found that I really like the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Work sent me down there for training last December and I had a blast. The people were great and I got to visit a few of the local "establishments" and catch as Stars game too. Our main training center is down there in Richardson, so hopefully I'll get to go back this year. In other words, don't hate the city, hate the team.

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, I will say one thing, it's going to be one hell of a palace for the 'Boys. I'll tell you what, though. I hate Jerry Jones and I'll never be a Cowboys fan, but I found that I really like the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Work sent me down there for training last December and I had a blast. The people were great and I got to visit a few of the local "establishments" and catch as Stars game too. Our main training center is down there in Richardson, so hopefully I'll get to go back this year. In other words, don't hate the city, hate the team.
If you come back let me know, we'll go to the game :up:

superbills
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Damn! 12,000 people showed up to the Alamo Dome for Cowboys TC today.

I think there were about 120 out at Bills TC today :shakeno:

superbills
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
If you come back let me know, we'll go to the game :up:

Deal :up:

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I think there were about 120 out at Bills TC today :shakeno:I imagine the fan base is significantly larger. Hell I meet people at the games that come from Europe and Asia just to watch the games.

Also I'm sure the Dallas and San Antonio is a bit more populated than Orchard and Buffalo and Fisher and all that.

superbills
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I imagine the fan base is significantly larger. Hell I meet people at the games that come from Europe and Asia just to watch the games.

Also I'm sure the Dallas and San Antonio is a bit more populated than Orchard and Buffalo and Fisher and all that.

No, you're right. I was only being half-serious, but our training camps look pretty sparse sometimes. It doesn't help that we move the camp out to Rochester away from most of our fanbase. I think if they held camp at UB stadium or something like that they would get significantly more people to show up. We make up for it with the night practices though. Folks from Buffalo can make the hour trip after work and go out to the practices then, which is likely why they don't bother trying to get out for the day practices. Anyway, it's training camp. As long as we sell out our games we're good to go :)

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
No, you're right. I was only being half-serious, but our training camps look pretty sparse sometimes. It doesn't help that we move the camp out to Rochester away from most of our fanbase. I think if they held camp at UB stadium or something like that they would get significantly more people to show up. We make up for it with the night practices though. Folks from Buffalo can make the hour trip after work and go out to the practices then, which is likely why they don't bother trying to get out for the day practices. Anyway, it's training camp. As long as we sell out our games we're good to go :)
Agreed. That's what I want to see. I'll be there for the Cowboys game!

superbills
07-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Agreed. That's what I want to see. I'll be there for the Cowboys game!

Nice :up: This is my first year with seasons and I'm so freakin stoked about that Monday night game.

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM

I see nothing wrong with following a second team. Hell neg me even more, I also follow the Ravens and Steelers. I'm a fan of the NFL before I'm a fan of the Bills. But before you jump to conclusions, here's some pictures of my new game room in our new house. You tell me where you think my loyalty lies first and foremost

Screw the NFL.. it's Bills or bust for me. If the Bills leave Buffalo I won't support another thing NFL..

I think the fact you would insult Bills fans by positng something dallas is terrible regardless of how you spin it now.

I despise Dallas that much.

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM

the whole point of a Rochester camp is to expand the fanbase, and it seems to be working. The Bills are selling out games more often.

moving the camp ot Buffalo wouldn't be a wise move.

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Screw the NFL.. it's Bills or bust for me. If the Bills leave Buffalo I won't support another thing NFL..

I think the fact you would insult Bills fans by positng something dallas is terrible regardless of how you spin it now.

I despise Dallas that much.
You want a cookie or something?

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Well here is what gr8slayer has to say as he felt it necessary to neg me for not liking Dallas

I live in Dallas, Dallas is my second favorite team. I'm glad to be a half way fan of a team with an owner that actually makes an effort to please his fans. - gr8slayer

and yeah I want a cookie foo

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Well here is what gr8slayer has to say as he felt it necessary to neg me for not liking Dallas

and yeah I want a cookie foo
So because I'm a fan of a team I can't be a fan of another team as well? Last time I checked it was within my rights to be a fan of whoever and whatever I damn well please.

kgun12
07-26-2007, 12:33 PM

Post of the year!!! :bf1:

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
you can be a fan of any team you want... That's not the point.

I just find it insulting that

A.) You post Dallas news on a Bills board were the majority of us can't stand the team or the city... Seriously what made you think most of us want to read that crap.

B.) You went ahead at hit me with a neg for it.

If you didn't hit me with your -23 neg I wouldn't react, but you did and now I'm just a little perturbed.

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
you can be a fan of any team you want... That's not the point.

I just find it insulting that

A.) You post Dallas news on a Bills board were the majority of us can't stand the team or the city... Seriously what made you think most of us want to read that crap.

B.) You went ahead at hit me with a neg for it.

If you didn't hit me with your -23 neg I wouldn't react, but you did and now I'm just a little perturbed.
It's fake freaking reputation. It really isn't that big of a deal. Go check my threads, I post news about every single team in the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys happen to be part of the NFL.

And you know what, when Ginn signs I'll be posting Dolphin news too.

kgun12
07-26-2007, 12:39 PM

You really don't know what your talking about here. He was the first and still a big part of way teams like the Bills and the smaller market teams are always looking over there shoulders. He has worked VERY HAD to find EVERY loophole there is in the collective bargining agreement. He is the reason for the big bonuses, and the term "cap hell" He paved the way for all the other big market teams to do the same. So next time you ask why the Bills didn't get that FA or why did ______(add name of Bill) leave the Bills, you can thank Jones, the biggest piece of crap
owner in football!

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 12:41 PM
You really don't know what your talking about here. He was the first and still a big part of way teams like the Bills and the smaller market teams are always looking over there shoulders. He has worked VERY HAD to find EVERY loophole there is in the collective bargining agreement. He is the reason for the big bonuses, and the term "cap hell" He paved the way for all the other big market teams to do the same. So next time you ask why the Bills didn't get that FA or why did ______(add name of Bill) leave the Bills, you can thank Jones, the biggest piece of crap
owner in football!
That's business in America. If you think you can get an advantage on another business you go for the neck and take advantage of their flaws. He's not the only owner that kicks the small market teams while their down.

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
That's business in America. If you think you can get an advantage on another business you go for the neck and take advantage of their flaws. He's not the only owner that kicks the small market teams while their down.

It's taking advantage of people who will never be fortunate enough to compete.

It's evil, and yes Business in America is evil.

I hate J Jones with every ounce of fibre I can muster up... I don't believe fans in this country should be finacially raped just to "Keep up with the Joneses" The game of football should remain available to the family at affordable costs, and guys like Jones and all large market teams in general go to great length to maintain thier advantage.

It's not right, and they do not deserve ot be praised for it...

The fact you accpet it disgusts me a little more.

Duck Fallas

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 12:50 PM
It's taking advantage of people who will never be fortunate enough to compete.

It's evil, and yes Business in America is evil.

I hate J Jones with every ounce of fibre I can muster up... I don't believe fans in this country should be finacially raped just to "Keep up with the Joneses" The game of football should remain available to the family at affordable costs, and guys like Jones and all large market teams in general go to great length to maintain thier advantage.

It's not right, and they do not deserve ot be praised for it...

The fact you accpet it disgusts me a little more.
Just because the Bills are ten years behind other teams when it comes to price doesn't mean the other teams are wrong. Jones is building his fans a $1,000,000,000+ stadium, the community voted to allow the stadium with the understanding that it would raise the prices and taxes, the community agreed and now we're getting one of the grandest stadiums in the world. What's wrong with that? You think if the Bills built a new stadium the prices would stay where they are?

kgun12
07-26-2007, 12:56 PM

I hope you feel that way when the Bills are no longer in Buffalo. The NFL was a fraternity, everyone protecting each other for the good of the league! Then this piece of s#*t came along and started pounding at the foundation of the frat house. In the real world your thinking is correct, not in this situation. BTW you talk about his commitment to the team and city, let me ask you this. Why do you think the cowgirl haven't won a Super Bowl since J. Johnson let? Cause your great owner thought he new more about football than JJ or for that matter The Tuna. Now look who is your coach. Goober Phillips, why because dick bag couldn't find anyone else that would put up with his crap! Goober will be content to say yes boss no boss, TO is great boss. Don't believe me, just wait til week 8 or 9 when the team starts imploding, and TO is the ring leader, and Goober will be like I don't boss!

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Just because the Bills are ten years behind other teams when it comes to price doesn't mean the other teams are wrong. Jones is building his fans a $1,000,000,000+ stadium, the community voted to allow the stadium with the understanding that it would raise the prices, the community agreed and now we're getting one of the grandest stadiums in the world. What's wrong with that? You think if the Bills built a new stadium the prices would stay where they are?

Dude the Bills are small market Blue collar town.. Prices ain't going up cause people and families would not be able to afford those tickets and the Bills will move away.

Large market teams are pricing the small market teams out and they take too much of a finacial advantage in the process.

Basically what you're saying is it is OK for the Bills to have to move to compete because the locals don't make enough money so they don't deserve the team.

I think Dallas should pay a heluva alot more in revenue sharing, and I think the NFL should lock in ticket prices so low income and middle class families can easily afford to go. I don't think pro-sports should be regulated to white collar hob nobs. AND THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING.

The person who barely makes $20 and hour struggles to raise a family, get adequate health care, and save for retirement let alone be able to take his/her family to a football game. At least in Buffalo they still can, but in Dallas I doubt it. And those who do find away are definitely sacraficng to do it.

SO Jerry is only interested in rich priveledged people seeing his team... THAT DISGUSTS ME, and FUELS MY HATRED OF EVETHING LARGE MARKET, and also fuels my hatred of the direction of this country from the pukes who manipulate the sytem with their purse strings.

kgun12
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Just because the Bills are ten years behind other teams when it comes to price doesn't mean the other teams are wrong. Jones is building his fans a $1,000,000,000+ stadium, the community voted to allow the stadium with the understanding that it would raise the prices and taxes, the community agreed and now we're getting one of the grandest stadiums in the world. What's wrong with that? You think if the Bills built a new stadium the prices would stay where they are?

Seriously who's room did you take those pictures of the Bills stuff. You really sound like a cowgirls fan, pretending to be a Bills fan! I would never go on a cowgirls boar and defend the Bills to the home teams fans. A true Bills fan would not defend the actions of this scumbag Jones and the cowgirls on a Bill board!

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I hope you feel that way when the Bills are no longer in Buffalo. The NFL was a fraternity, everyone protecting each other for the good of the league! Then this piece of s#*t came along and started pounding at the foundation of the frat house. In the real world your thinking is correct, not in this situation. BTW you talk about his commitment to the team and city, let me ask you this. Why do you think the cowgirl haven't won a Super Bowl since J. Johnson let? Cause your great owner thought he new more about football than JJ or for that matter The Tuna. Now look who is your coach. Goober Phillips, why because dick bag couldn't find anyone else that would put up with his crap! Goober will be content to say yes boss no boss, TO is great boss. Don't believe me, just wait til week 8 or 9 when the team starts imploding, and TO is the ring leader, and Goober will be like I don't boss!
haha. If the Bills were to leave it would really kill me but you know what, it's not all the big market teams faults. It would be ridiculous to blame it solely on the Dallas Cowboys. Aside from popular belief Ralph is not the perfect business man, he has made his fair share of mistakes. Jones is lucky enough to have a team in a town that is an economic empire, from what I've read Buffalo is struggling from an economic stand point. Blame the state, blame the league, blame whoever you want, in the end it always comes back to the owner.

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Seriously who's room did you take those pictures of the Bills stuff. You really sound like a cowgirls fan, pretending to be a Bills fan! I would never go on a cowgirls boar and defend the Bills to the home teams fans. A true Bills fan would not defend the actions of this scumbag Jones and the cowgirls on a Bill board!
I do it all the time.

That is our new game room, I'm waiting for Fat Head to come out with a new Bills player so I can get it and put it above the new HDTV :up:

kgun12
07-26-2007, 01:19 PM
haha. If the Bills were to leave it would really kill me but you know what, it's not all the big market teams faults. It would be ridiculous to blame it solely on the Dallas Cowboys. Aside from popular belief Ralph is not the perfect business man, he has made his fair share of mistakes. Jones is lucky enough to have a team in a town that is an economic empire, from what I've read Buffalo is struggling from an economic stand point. Blame the state, blame the league, blame whoever you want, in the end it always comes back to the owner.

NO I will blame Jerry Jones first, the other big market teams that have followed him, then the league, and then Wilson. See you are probably too young to know all that Wilson has done for the league, he bail out the Raiders and Al Davis when they were in trouble. He had a lot of input when the leagues merged and has stayed in a small market when he has had many chances to leave. Yes the game has passed him by and he has made some mistakes, but to here people bash him is wrong! Could has been smart enough to know that raising prices would make it very hard to sell tickets at the Ralph, so he keeps the low. If he really wanted to get out of Buffalo don't you think he would have raised prices and then he could have told the league, see I can't sell tickets in Buffalo, I have to move!

...and the reason he isn't in the HOF yet is that he has ALWAYS spoken his mind about the Jones of the league and the rest of the money grubbers and the people in the league that want t break the fraternity and that has made him a target from time to time. Would he like to be in the Hall, yes, but he would rather keep his self respect and for that I applaud the man!

ddaryl
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
NO I will blame Jerry Jones first, the other big market teams that have followed him, then the league, and then Wilson. See you are probably too young to know all that Wilson has done for the league, he bail out the Raiders and Al Davis when they were in trouble. He had a lot of input when the leagues merged and has stayed in a small market when he has had many chances to leave. Yes the game has passed him by and he has made some mistakes, but to here people bash him is wrong! Could has been smart enough to know that raising prices would make it very hard to sell tickets at the Ralph, so he keeps the low. If he really wanted to get out of Buffalo don't you think he would have raised prices and then he could have told the league, see I can't sell tickets in Buffalo, I have to move!

...and the reason he isn't in the HOF yet is that he has ALWAYS spoken his mind about the Jones of the league and the rest of the money grubbers and the people in the league that want t break the fraternity and that has made him a target from time to time. Would he like to be in the Hall, yes, but he would rather keep his self respect and for that I applaud the man!

preach on brother.