• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Signing pace slow

Gaughan's blog:

As of this morning just four of the 32 first-round picks in the NFL have signed contracts. Look for a flurry of deals to be completed by Saturday. The Bills are in talks with the 12th overall choice, Marshawn Lynch. None of the top 14 picks have signed deals, but reports out of Miami indicate Ted Ginn Jr., the ninth overall pick, is close to a deal. Three of the top eight picks in the second round have signed. The Bills are working to get Paul Posluszny, the 34th overall pick, in camp by the start of practices on Thursday.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Signing pace slow

Saturday wouldn't be too bad- that would only be 2 or 3 days missed. And he might be able to play against NO.

I'd LOVE to see Poz in camp from Day 1.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Saturday wouldn't be too bad- that would only be 2 or 3 days missed. And he might be able to play against NO.

I'd LOVE to see Poz in camp from Day 1.
      Poz NEEDS to be there Day 1 if he wants to start.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by madness
        Poz NEEDS to be there Day 1 if he wants to start.
        yeah that's another thing that's starting to make me nervous- every day that Poz is out of camp increases the chances of DiGiorgio starting.

And I really don't like that idea.

The only redeeming factor is that if DiG does win the starting job, I bet Jauron will be willing to pull him the second Poz is ready.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          yeah that's another thing that's starting to make me nervous- every day that Poz is out of camp increases the chances of DiGiorgio starting.

And I really don't like that idea.

The only redeeming factor is that if DiG does win the starting job, I bet Jauron will be willing to pull him the second Poz is ready.
          I agree and looking at Jauron's history, I think he wouldn't even hesitate to put Poz in when he is finally ready.

Poz needs those valuable first team reps to help develop chemistry with the D so the sooner he gets to camp and climbs past DiGiorgio, the better!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
            Poz needs those valuable first team reps to help develop chemistry with the D so the sooner he gets to camp and climbs past DiGiorgio, the better!
            So does Digorgio. Just like it was important for guys like Pat Williams and Peters to get experience with the first team and eventually become probowlers.

I don't understand how some of you guys act like DiG is not part of the team. If he gets better it only makes the team better.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              So does Digorgio. Just like it was important for guys like Pat Williams and Peters to get experience with the first team and eventually become probowlers.

I don't understand how some of you guys act like DiG is not part of the team. If he gets better it only makes the team better.
              I have no problem with DiGiorgio getting better. He's going to lose his job once the pads come on though because sooner or later, Poz is taking his spot. The experience DiGiorgio is getting now will help him in his backup role and if he gets the nod for the spot in our nickle package.

Comment

Working...
              X