X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Will The Bills Make The Playoffs?

There is a lot of skepticism about Buffalo's defense for 2007 and whether they'll be able to stop the run better than they did a year ago. With the loss of three starters those who are still a part of the Bills defensive unit aren't surprised there are naysayers.

"We try not to pay attention to that kind of stuff," said Larry Tripplett. "We know what type of team we are, so we don't listen to that. That's more for the fans to argue over that. We just have to go out there and play football."

We're certainly bigger and better up front on the offensive side," said head coach Dick Jauron. "I believe we are significantly better and have improved ourselves there. That should help us both running and passing and should give J.P. (Losman) a chance to keep improving."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Will The Bills Make The Playoffs?

No way.

NE will win the division, which means we'd have to sneak in with a wild card. In the AFC, that may require a 10-6 or even an 11-5 record. With our schedule, lack of experience and lack of depth, that ain't gonna happen.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

NO!

Next year! They have to let the young guys get some experience! They have a good group here, young, but good, reminds me a lot like the late 80's, and then the early 90's were a F**king blast. Could happen, AGAIN!!!
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

homfield advantage all the way
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
          • Jun 2006

yes NE will win the division but we will get 10 wins.

Comment

• naugem
            • Mar 2004

Of course they will!
            (I mean, what's the point of thinking they won't at this point. Greater miracles have happened...)

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

This team reminds me of the 1980 Bills. Joe Cribbs was a rookie and it was the first or second year for Chuck Knox. We ended up tearing down the goal posts after beating Miami and ended up making the playoffs. This was after expected a rebuiling year.

My point is that you never know?

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

No.

But I'll be rooting like hell for them to win every week anyway.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

i think its a reasonable possibility

the ol has had a major upgrade. with the exception of lynch the skill players there all have a year working together under their belt. jp was one of the hottest qbs in the league down the stretch. the offense and st should be the strengths of the team

the defense is where the questions lie but theres reason for optimism there as well. most of the players are entering their second year in the system. the safeties should be very solid and be a stabilizing force. theyve got four good defensive ends for rotation and situational subbing. it will be up to the corners, linebackers, and tackles to show they are capable of erasing the concerns there

frankly the biggest factor is jp. if he can only play at the level he did the last half of the season the bills should be in virtually every game. if they can just learn to close out games better they could definitely make the playoffs
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    No way.

NE will win the division, which means we'd have to sneak in with a wild card. In the AFC, that may require a 10-6 or even an 11-5 record. With our schedule, lack of experience and lack of depth, that ain't gonna happen.
                    ya and everyone was picking the saints last year to make the playoffs

Schedule means **** anyteam can beat anyteam any day so please dont give me that answer.

i dont believe we will make the playoffs but i feel if a few bounces go our way we have a shot

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

btw i officially predict yes
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                        ya and everyone was picking the saints last year to make the playoffs

Schedule means **** anyteam can beat anyteam any day so please dont give me that answer.

i dont believe we will make the playoffs but i feel if a few bounces go our way we have a shot
                        that's a load of ****. When the top teams play the way they are capable of playing, the middle and lower level teams don't stand a chance. Upsets happen when the favored team gets cocky and doesn't think they have to show up.

Even you agree that we're only going to make the playoffs with "a few bounces", ie, luck, so I don't understand the criticism.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

It's not impossible, but I'll say no. They'll go 8-8.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              No way.

Gotta agree with you, bro. I have said it many times before, and I'll say it yet again....we will win 7-9 games this year. We have a KILLER schedule and an extremely young team. We WILL be FUN to watch this year, and will be a force to be reckoned with NEXT year. If we somehow were able to actually make the playoffs this year in the extremely tough AFC, it would be beyond my wildest dreams.

Comment

Working...
                              X