PDA

View Full Version : Will The Bills Make The Playoffs?

justasportsfan
07-25-2007, 03:42 PM
There is a lot of skepticism about Buffalo's defense for 2007 and whether they'll be able to stop the run better than they did a year ago. With the loss of three starters those who are still a part of the Bills defensive unit aren't surprised there are naysayers.

"We try not to pay attention to that kind of stuff," said Larry Tripplett. "We know what type of team we are, so we don't listen to that. That's more for the fans to argue over that. :couch: We just have to go out there and play football."

We're certainly bigger and better up front on the offensive side," said head coach Dick Jauron. "I believe we are significantly better and have improved ourselves there. That should help us both running and passing and should give J.P. (Losman) a chance to keep improving."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4954

OpIv37
07-25-2007, 03:49 PM
No way.

NE will win the division, which means we'd have to sneak in with a wild card. In the AFC, that may require a 10-6 or even an 11-5 record. With our schedule, lack of experience and lack of depth, that ain't gonna happen.

kgun12
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
NO!

Next year! They have to let the young guys get some experience! They have a good group here, young, but good, reminds me a lot like the late 80's, and then the early 90's were a F**king blast. Could happen, AGAIN!!! :idunno:

justasportsfan
07-25-2007, 04:13 PM
homfield advantage all the way :bravo:

Generalissimus Gibby
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
yes NE will win the division but we will get 10 wins.

naugem
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Of course they will!
(I mean, what's the point of thinking they won't at this point. Greater miracles have happened...)

HHURRICANE
07-25-2007, 05:23 PM
This team reminds me of the 1980 Bills. Joe Cribbs was a rookie and it was the first or second year for Chuck Knox. We ended up tearing down the goal posts after beating Miami and ended up making the playoffs. This was after expected a rebuiling year.

My point is that you never know?

YardRat
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
No.

But I'll be rooting like hell for them to win every week anyway.

Meathead
07-25-2007, 05:45 PM
i think its a reasonable possibility

the ol has had a major upgrade. with the exception of lynch the skill players there all have a year working together under their belt. jp was one of the hottest qbs in the league down the stretch. the offense and st should be the strengths of the team

the defense is where the questions lie but theres reason for optimism there as well. most of the players are entering their second year in the system. the safeties should be very solid and be a stabilizing force. theyve got four good defensive ends for rotation and situational subbing. it will be up to the corners, linebackers, and tackles to show they are capable of erasing the concerns there

frankly the biggest factor is jp. if he can only play at the level he did the last half of the season the bills should be in virtually every game. if they can just learn to close out games better they could definitely make the playoffs

mikemac2001
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
No way.

NE will win the division, which means we'd have to sneak in with a wild card. In the AFC, that may require a 10-6 or even an 11-5 record. With our schedule, lack of experience and lack of depth, that ain't gonna happen.

ya and everyone was picking the saints last year to make the playoffs

Schedule means **** anyteam can beat anyteam any day so please dont give me that answer.

i dont believe we will make the playoffs but i feel if a few bounces go our way we have a shot

Meathead
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
btw i officially predict yes :pray:

OpIv37
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
ya and everyone was picking the saints last year to make the playoffs

Schedule means **** anyteam can beat anyteam any day so please dont give me that answer.

i dont believe we will make the playoffs but i feel if a few bounces go our way we have a shot

that's a load of ****. When the top teams play the way they are capable of playing, the middle and lower level teams don't stand a chance. Upsets happen when the favored team gets cocky and doesn't think they have to show up.

Even you agree that we're only going to make the playoffs with "a few bounces", ie, luck, so I don't understand the criticism.

Carlton Bailey
07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
It's not impossible, but I'll say no. They'll go 8-8.

TacklingDummy
07-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game.

Mad Bomber
07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
No way.

NE will win the division, which means we'd have to sneak in with a wild card. In the AFC, that may require a 10-6 or even an 11-5 record. With our schedule, lack of experience and lack of depth, that ain't gonna happen. Gotta agree with you, bro. I have said it many times before, and I'll say it yet again....we will win 7-9 games this year. We have a KILLER schedule and an extremely young team. We WILL be FUN to watch this year, and will be a force to be reckoned with NEXT year. If we somehow were able to actually make the playoffs this year in the extremely tough AFC, it would be beyond my wildest dreams.

cocamide
07-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I thought we already agreed on this. We're going 19-0 and the Fins are going 0-16.

Seriously though, it would be an amazing story if the team did make the playoffs. My hope is that we stay competitive each game, show a lot of heart and desire, stay healthy, and sneak away with an upset or two. When we have the lead, we need to be able to hold it. I can't take any more heart breaking losses (think NE the first week of last year). Because the AFC is so competitive it's difficulty for any team other than the Patsies, Chargers and Colts to make the playoffs, but it would only make it all that much sweeter if we do.

mikemac2001
07-25-2007, 09:07 PM
that's a load of ****. When the top teams play the way they are capable of playing, the middle and lower level teams don't stand a chance. Upsets happen when the favored team gets cocky and doesn't think they have to show up.

Even you agree that we're only going to make the playoffs with "a few bounces", ie, luck, so I don't understand the criticism.

I dont agree with your NO WAY....if they have no chance why are we even bothering playing the games.....how about we take the top 6 ranked teams in each conf and just start the playoffs now...YOU cant say no way we dont make the playoffs, do i think we will no but i feel we have a chance. i think with a few bounces we can get in there.

and i dont buy the fact only good teams loose when they get cocky that is bull****, if you get momentum in the game take an early lead u can control the clock and the style of gameplay which might benefit your team such as ours whose Run D is suspect right now...but the cover 2 D is pretty good againist the pass

Your a ****ing Joke OP, why live when there is NO WAY anything good will happen

BSU Drew
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I just want to see an honest effort this year.. Hopefully getting rid of Willis will help that.

OpIv37
07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I dont agree with your NO WAY....if they have no chance why are we even bothering playing the games.....how about we take the top 6 ranked teams in each conf and just start the playoffs now...YOU cant say no way we dont make the playoffs, do i think we will no but i feel we have a chance. i think with a few bounces we can get in there.

and i dont buy the fact only good teams loose when they get cocky that is bull****, if you get momentum in the game take an early lead u can control the clock and the style of gameplay which might benefit your team such as ours whose Run D is suspect right now...but the cover 2 D is pretty good againist the pass

Your a ****ing Joke OP, why live when there is NO WAY anything good will happen

why are you ****ing people so into arguing semantics?

The chances of us winning this year are very slim- even you said we'd need luck. I'll take talent over luck any day and we don't have much of either in Buffalo.

The Cover 2 D is awful against the run.

Why do you insist on thinking that because something good is possible, it can and will happen, no matter how unlikely?

You're arguing with me despite the fact you agree it's a long shot to make the playoffs- seems like you're the ****ing joke. I'm really sick of people who get caught up in this "anything's possible" crap because all it does is defend mediocrity.

mikemac2001
07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Im Disagreeing with your reasons on why we will lose

because good teams will always win unless they get cocky

and i also said if we get momentum in games we can maybe make them pass which will help our suspect Run D

ive also never disagreed with us not making the playoffs but i feel we have a shot just like every team in the league....thats why we play the games.

Your comment on NO WAY we have a shot its like dude we havent even played a game stop looking at the season being over....BE A ****ING FAN yes our team is perfect but how many teams have no holes

Your so negative and your reasons really have no facts you just say bills will lose bc there young and last year there defense was poor....maybe new personal fits our scheme better then the old players and they actually play better bc they fit the scheme better

And yes your right i dont think we make the playoffs but i still believe we can

TacklingDummy
07-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm really sick of people who get caught up in this "anything's possible" crap because all it does is defend mediocrity.

"anything's possible" but highly unlikely.

That's why they play the game.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I thought we already agreed on this. We're going 19-0

Dude, we are going to go 20-0 cause most of the AFC pro-bowl team will be BIlls, so we'll get credit for that win as well :)

OpIv37
07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Im Disagreeing with your reasons on why we will lose

and i also said if we get momentum in games we can maybe make them pass which will help our suspect Run D

ive also never disagreed with us not making the playoffs but i feel we have a shot just like every team in the league....thats why we play the games.

Your comment on NO WAY we have a shot its like dude we havent even played a game stop looking at the season being over....BE A ****ING FAN yes our team is perfect but how many teams have no holes

Your so negative and your reasons really have no facts you just say bills will lose bc there young and last year there defense was poor....maybe new personal fits our scheme better then the old players and they actually play better bc they fit the scheme better

And yes your right i dont think we make the playoffs but i still believe we can

Well, since we're arguing semantics, the question was "will the Bills make the playoffs?", not "is it possible for the Bills to make the playoffs". So, no, IMO the Bills won't make the playoffs.

Every team in the league has a shot but not every team has an equal shot.

You accuse me of having no facts but then you say "maybe new personal fits our scheme better"- that's conjecture, not fact.

The only facts anyone has at this point is prior performance, which is not a perfect indicator. But based on prior performance, we're not good enough and we're not as good as the other teams that will be competing with us for playoff spots.

And don't accuse me of not being a fan. I'm on this board reading about the Bills every day. I spend a ****ing fortune to get Sunday Ticket to watch the games cuz I'm out of town. I only go to 1 or two games a year, but it costs at least $300 in gas, food, tickets and hotel each time I go.

Unlike you, I'm capable of making a distinction between what I want to happen and what's likely to happen. I want the Bills to go 19-0 and win the SB, but the much more likely outcome is that we finish 3rd in the division. I'm not going to go pout and make up excuses just cuz I'm not gonna get what I want.

mikemac2001
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
No point in even trying to talk to op....ya i think bills will be 19-0 bc i hope they will...ya thats likely

God i was basing your statements with similar statements then you turn it on me like thats how i back my facts.

Last years team is not this years team we downgraded and upgraded WE DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN

i even said i think they wont make the playoffs but i feel they have a shot

YOU SAID NO WAY

And GOOD TEAMS only lose when they get cocky (not turnovers or injuries or Momentum nothing like that)

Just good teams dont lose to bad teams

Meathead
07-26-2007, 12:49 AM
the biggest reason i want the bills to make the playoff is then we all get to slap op around for months

start a petition for that *****!

lmao

OpIv37
07-26-2007, 08:24 AM
No point in even trying to talk to op....ya i think bills will be 19-0 bc i hope they will...ya thats likely

God i was basing your statements with similar statements then you turn it on me like thats how i back my facts.

Last years team is not this years team we downgraded and upgraded WE DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN

i even said i think they wont make the playoffs but i feel they have a shot

YOU SAID NO WAY

And GOOD TEAMS only lose when they get cocky (not turnovers or injuries or Momentum nothing like that)

Just good teams dont lose to bad teams

We don't know what will happen but we can make a pretty damn good guess, and the best guess is that the Bills won't be in the playoffs. Deal with it.

You people act like no one has ever seen any of the guys on our team or any other team play before and we're just guessing out of thin air. That's not the case at all.

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 08:41 AM
homefield advantage althroughout playoffs , Baby!!!!!!!!!

losman420
07-26-2007, 11:54 AM
NO!

Next year! They have to let the young guys get some experience! They have a good group here, young, but good, reminds me a lot like the late 80's, and then the early 90's were a F**king blast. Could happen, AGAIN!!! :idunno:If I remember correctly , we went to the AFC championship game in '88 and lost to the Bengals. Now I understand we are not going to the conference championship this year, But i think we could be good enough to sneak in as a wildcard.:pray:

BAM
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Sure!

Beantown_Pat
07-26-2007, 12:07 PM
WOW, there has to be a lot of wishful thinking if you think the Bills will make the playoffs. If they were in the NFC...maybe, but the AFC is STACKED.

I just dont see the Bills making it.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Ask me in November