PDA

View Full Version : Deion Sanders is an idiot!

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:19 AM
What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.

Some people kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate. Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can believe that.

And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from.

I’m sure all of the animal activists and Humane Society folks have a dart board with Vick’s picture in the center of it. And if he plays this season, PETA is going to picket every stadium where he plays.

Still, I must ask the question: Where is all of this going?

By now you’ve read all of the accusations about the cruelty involving the dogs — and I’m not just talking about their duels to the death. All of that is enough to make me cringe because I have three highly-trained protection German shepherds, just in case someone wants to rob my family.

Believe me, you don’t want to deal with them. With one German command, our dog Yascho turns into Cujo. And for the record, I live around the corner from the police station, so it won’t take them long to show up and save you from the dogs.

Now back to Vick.

Why are we indicting him? Was he the ringleader? Is he the big fish? Or is there someone else? The fights allegedly occurred at a property that he purchased for a family member. They apparently found carcasses on the property, but I must ask you again, is he the ringleader?

This situation reminds me of a scene in the movie “New Jack City,” when drug dealer Nino Brown is on the witness stand and eloquently says, “This thing is bigger than me.”

Are we using Vick to get to the ringleader? Are we using him to bring an end to dogfighting in the United States?

The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick.

Was he wrong? Absolutely. Was he stupid? Can’t argue with that. Was he immature? No doubt. But is he the ringleader? I just can’t see it.

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

It reminds me of when I wore a lot of jewelry back in the day because I always wanted to have the biggest chain or the biggest, baddest car. It gives you status.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/COLUMNISTS41/70722009

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:20 AM
"Deion Sanders is an idiot"

You're just now figuring this out?

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:22 AM
"Deion Sanders is an idiot"

You're just now figuring this out?
no, but this article is the dumbest, most idiotic thing I have heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Deion was one of the ****ing morons who bets on dog fighting and probably participates in it. :ill:

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
no, but this article is the dumbest, most idiotic thing I have heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Deion was one of the ****ing morons who bets on dog fighting and probably participates in it. :ill:
I drive by his house all the time and don't see any sign of dog fighting stuff :idunno:

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I used to hear that from someone I knew who used to do the same thing Vick did. He said the same thing. They loved their dogs that they even wake up early in the AM to train their dogs. They love their dogs so much that they sweat and bleed to train their dogs.

So I told him to train his son to fight , use a gun and ship him to Iraq. He shut up.

Pinkerton Security
07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

I suppose its ok then, huh? Some people have passion for killing other humans, but that doesnt seem to be ok. And about the ultimate fighting reference, you're an imbecile and the reason the dogs dont tap out is because if they do, Vick and Co. will probably shove an electrode up your ass then light you on fire. What a jerk he is for sticking up for it and almost implying its ok bc athletes are "allured to it" bc of the intensity. Shut up.

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I used to hear that from someone I knew who used to do the same thing Vick did. He said the same thing. They loved their dogs that they even wake up early in the AM to train their dogs. They love their dogs so much that they sweat and bleed to train their dogs.

So I told him to train his son to fight , use a gun and ship him to Iraq. He shut up.
I'm sure he did. Good one. :up:

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:31 AM

I suppose its ok then, huh? Some people have passion for killing other humans, but that doesnt seem to be ok. And about the ultimate fighting reference, you're an imbecile and the reason the dogs dont tap out is because if they do, Vick and Co. will probably shove an electrode up your ass then light you on fire. What a jerk he is for sticking up for it and almost implying its ok bc athletes are "allured to it" bc of the intensity. Shut up.
Great post! :bf1:

Bulldog
07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Now society is "using" poor Michael Vick? Am I really supposed to buy that? This guy used and abused defenseless animals for the sake of amusement and some how I'm supposed to feel sorry for him. Memo to Deion Sanders : You may be the one person on this planet that is dumber than the Vick brothers. I would like to issue a big F U to the following : Emmit Smith, Vick, and now Deion Sanders. It's pretty obvious to me that these guys just don't get it.

THATHURMANATOR
07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.

Some people kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate. Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can believe that.

And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from.

I’m sure all of the animal activists and Humane Society folks have a dart board with Vick’s picture in the center of it. And if he plays this season, PETA is going to picket every stadium where he plays.

Still, I must ask the question: Where is all of this going?

By now you’ve read all of the accusations about the cruelty involving the dogs — and I’m not just talking about their duels to the death. All of that is enough to make me cringe because I have three highly-trained protection German shepherds, just in case someone wants to rob my family.

Believe me, you don’t want to deal with them. With one German command, our dog Yascho turns into Cujo. And for the record, I live around the corner from the police station, so it won’t take them long to show up and save you from the dogs.

Now back to Vick.

Why are we indicting him? Was he the ringleader? Is he the big fish? Or is there someone else? The fights allegedly occurred at a property that he purchased for a family member. They apparently found carcasses on the property, but I must ask you again, is he the ringleader?

This situation reminds me of a scene in the movie “New Jack City,” when drug dealer Nino Brown is on the witness stand and eloquently says, “This thing is bigger than me.”

Are we using Vick to get to the ringleader? Are we using him to bring an end to dogfighting in the United States?

The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick.

Was he wrong? Absolutely. Was he stupid? Can’t argue with that. Was he immature? No doubt. But is he the ringleader? I just can’t see it.

It reminds me of when I wore a lot of jewelry back in the day because I always wanted to have the biggest chain or the biggest, baddest car. It gives you status.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/COLUMNISTS41/70722009
What is so wrong with these statements? :idunno:

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Pitbulls are one of the most loyal and nicest dogs but they are fierce if you train them to be fierce.

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Now society is "using" poor Michael Vick? Am I really supposed to buy that? This guy used and abused defenseless animals for the sake of amusement and some how I'm supposed to feel sorry for him. Memo to Deion Sanders : You may be the one person on this planet that is dumber than the Vick brothers. I would like to issue a big F U to the following : Emmit Smith, Vick, and now Deion Sanders. It's pretty obvious to me that these guys just don't get it.
I would like to add one other name.....

Michael Irvin! :ill:

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM

he's trying to justify Vicks actions. Maybe we should try to glorify a serial killers actions? Some of them think they are doing nothing wrong.

Bulldog
07-26-2007, 10:38 AM
I would like to add one other name.....

Michael Irvin! :ill:

Yeah, I could add several thousand others, but for the sake of this thread, I'll stick with what I have.

NorthCarBills
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Don't let idiots Portis or Samuels off the hook either. Equally stupid and ignorant.

hydro
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I drive by his house all the time and don't see any sign of dog fighting stuff :idunno:

LOL!!! yeah because places that house dog fights just do it in plain sight for anyone to see...

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't let idiots Portis or Samuels off the hook either. Equally stupid and ignorant.
Good point. Portis is the same guy who was joking around about it and said it's cool. Everybody does it. :ill:

DraftBoy
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
he's trying to justify Vicks actions. Maybe we should try to glorify a serial killers actions? Some of them think they are doing nothing wrong.

No he's not justifying his actions that your conclusion that you jumped to. This has been discussed by many of the morning sports talk shows already. He is saying that some people just think Micheal Vick hates all dogs and he is a dog killer because he hates them. For some people this action of dog fighting is a true show of passion for the animals, and an extreme example of darwinism. Under no circumstances did Deion say it was ok what Micheal did. He was simply providing an alternative opinion as to Vick's motivation.

The Spaz
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
No he's not justifying his actions that your conclusion that you jumped to. This has been discussed by many of the morning sports talk shows already. He is saying that some people just think Micheal Vick hates all dogs and he is a dog killer because he hates them. For some people this action of dog fighting is a true show of passion for the animals, and an extreme example of darwinism. Under no circumstances did Deion say it was ok what Micheal did. He was simply providing an alternative opinion as to Vick's motivation.

He's justifying it without actually saying it. He can't straight say that or he will get canned from his job and have PETA on his ass too.

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM

you don't put your children in danger and then say I love them. Dieon was trying to tell us what Vicks minset is. He's trying to make us understand Vicks way of thinking. What these guys do is wrong. No if's and buts about it. No need to try and tell me what their way of thinking is.

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
okay fine...Dog fighting might be a "true show of passion"

BUT what about the other stuff that Michael Vick and his crew of idiots supposedly did to the dogs? If there is any proof that he tortured and killed the dogs that lost in those sick, heinous ways....Michael Vick is nothing but a ****ing scumbag, murderer! And you can't call that a true show of passion for dogs, when you take them and electrocute the losers to death, or bash them into the ground until they die. :shakeno:

madness
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Stop playing, Deion don't know how to write.

Dr. Lecter
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
NAMBLA uses a similar line of thinking to rationalize their actions.

(Note: The two are not equivalent, but the line of thinking is the same.)

BillsNYC
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I wonder what Hindus think of us for slaughtering and eating cows. Same thing.

The Spaz
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I wonder what Hindus think of us for slaughtering and eating cows. Same thing.

Not really. Are cows concidered a family member here at least in the US? Are cows going to doing anything please and protect his or her master? Dogs are loyal and depend on us for living.

DraftBoy
07-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Look Im not trying to say what Vick did is right, in fact it was one of the worst things I could ever imagine someone doing. Nobody will ever touch my new puppy in a harmful way, or Ill break that ****ers arm off.

Dr. Lecter
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I beleive you.

I just wish Deion would see that point.

Of course, he might defend NAMBLA too......

(Making it worse are the dogs and cats killed by the people who train the dogs to fight)

Michael82
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
(Making it worse are the dogs and cats killed by the people who train the dogs to fight)

Good point. We talk about all the fighting dogs...but we have yet to hear about the animals that we killed by his dog when he trained them. :ill:

raphael120
07-26-2007, 11:37 AM
So let me get this straight, as long as I have a passion and love what I'm doing, even if it's illegal...I should get a pass? So if I have a passion for stealing cars/murdering/doing drugs/etc...it's ok. Cuz I have a passion for the stuff I'm doing...it gives me a rush to kill someone, it gives me an extreme high when I do drugs and steal cars? Gimme a friggin break. These are the same morons that come out of the woodwork everytime a black dude is "singled out" and "made examples of". Whatever. White people didn't come out and say "Oh, well...the Duke lacrosse guys have a passion for raping strippers, it's all good ya'll!"

Go eff yourself.

cocamide
07-26-2007, 11:37 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Sanders is an idiot, but not because of this article. More people seem to be upset about the dogs being killed then about Pacman's crew shooting some bouncer outside of a nightclub. The guy will most likely be paralized for the rest of his life. I'm not saying dog fighting is right; I think it's pretty sick, but it's not like dog fighting is the only cultural thing that's sick in the world. Just look to bull fighting, or how about when the dogs are let loose on a boar while hunting? Those are culturally accepted, but they're both pretty inhumane.

Let's not forget about Leonard Little for the Rams. He killed a person for drunk driving, yet he didn't get anywhere's near the amount of criticism that Vick is getting. In fact, he's still on the team! If this was Joe Shmoe, the backup guard for Arizona, who kept a dog fighting ring, no one would give a crap about it. Most people want Vick to burn at the stake because of who is his, not because of what he did, and that's pretty dumb. With that being said though, I wouldn't care if he got thrown away for 6 years since what he allegedly did was sick and obviously illegal.

Bulldog
07-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Let's not forget about Leonard Little for the Rams. He killed a person for drunk driving, yet he didn't get anywhere's near the amount of criticism that Vick is getting. In fact, he's still on the team! If this was Joe Shmoe, the backup guard for Arizona, who kept a dog fighting ring, no one would give a crap about it. Most people want Vick to burn at the stake because of who is his, not because of what he did, and that's pretty dumb. With that being said though, I wouldn't care if he got thrown away for 6 years since what he allegedly did was sick and obviously illegal.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. It wasn't Joe Shmoe, it was Michael Vick. Arguably one of the most recognized athletes in the NFL, if not all of sports. So why do you find it so amazing that people have taken a keen interest in this case? He was in the spotlight to begin with due to his athletic ability, and the light just got a whole lot brighter due to his own stupidity. I have no sympathy for Vick. I would want any person who is accused of such acts to be punished to the fullest extent of the law, Joe Shmoe included. The case is just magnified 10X thanks to Vick's involvement, and the media coverage it has received as a result. I just get a feeling that society in general is growing very tired of the wealthy doing as they please without consequence. Man up Vick, and take what you have coming.

THATHURMANATOR
07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I am already sick of hearing about this.

capitolneal
07-26-2007, 12:49 PM

You live in Prosper?

Bill Brasky
07-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I would like to issue a big F U to the following : Emmit Smith, Vick, and now Deion Sanders. It's pretty obvious to me that these guys just don't get it.
since all three of these guys are black i have no reason but to conclude that you are a racist my good sir! i will get my lawyers on you faster than al sharpton on imus!

hater!

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 12:52 PM
You live in Prosper?
Drive by it on a regular basis. I live in Dallas though.

Pinkerton Security
07-26-2007, 01:04 PM

the national association for marlon brando look alikes?

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Mikey, do you have a dog?

G. Host
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
This all describes Deion Sanders too.

LtFinFan66
07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
This thread gets the "DUH" of the year award

capitolneal
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
just there for the rangers game I like Dallas but Austin seems a better fit for me, yeah I have been by his house too he has got a nice spread,

justasportsfan
07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
This all describes Deion Sanders too. no, a pu... I mean cat.

Saratoga Slim
07-26-2007, 03:33 PM

well said. also, people have a choice as to whether or not to enroll themselves in ultimate fighting matches.

that was one of the dumbest articles I have ever read about anything.