X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Deion Sanders is an idiot!

What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.

Some people kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate. Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can believe that.

And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from.

I’m sure all of the animal activists and Humane Society folks have a dart board with Vick’s picture in the center of it. And if he plays this season, PETA is going to picket every stadium where he plays.

Still, I must ask the question: Where is all of this going?

By now you’ve read all of the accusations about the cruelty involving the dogs — and I’m not just talking about their duels to the death. All of that is enough to make me cringe because I have three highly-trained protection German shepherds, just in case someone wants to rob my family.

Believe me, you don’t want to deal with them. With one German command, our dog Yascho turns into Cujo. And for the record, I live around the corner from the police station, so it won’t take them long to show up and save you from the dogs.

Now back to Vick.

Why are we indicting him? Was he the ringleader? Is he the big fish? Or is there someone else? The fights allegedly occurred at a property that he purchased for a family member. They apparently found carcasses on the property, but I must ask you again, is he the ringleader?

This situation reminds me of a scene in the movie “New Jack City,” when drug dealer Nino Brown is on the witness stand and eloquently says, “This thing is bigger than me.”

Are we using Vick to get to the ringleader? Are we using him to bring an end to dogfighting in the United States?

The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick.

Was he wrong? Absolutely. Was he stupid? Can’t argue with that. Was he immature? No doubt. But is he the ringleader? I just can’t see it.

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

It reminds me of when I wore a lot of jewelry back in the day because I always wanted to have the biggest chain or the biggest, baddest car. It gives you status.

• gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Deion Sanders is an idiot!

"Deion Sanders is an idiot"

You're just now figuring this out?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      "Deion Sanders is an idiot"

You're just now figuring this out?
      no, but this article is the dumbest, most idiotic thing I have heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Deion was one of the ****ing morons who bets on dog fighting and probably participates in it.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
        no, but this article is the dumbest, most idiotic thing I have heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Deion was one of the ****ing morons who bets on dog fighting and probably participates in it.
        I drive by his house all the time and don't see any sign of dog fighting stuff

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I used to hear that from someone I knew who used to do the same thing Vick did. He said the same thing. They loved their dogs that they even wake up early in the AM to train their dogs. They love their dogs so much that they sweat and bleed to train their dogs.

So I told him to train his son to fight , use a gun and ship him to Iraq. He shut up.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

I suppose its ok then, huh? Some people have passion for killing other humans, but that doesnt seem to be ok. And about the ultimate fighting reference, you're an imbecile and the reason the dogs dont tap out is because if they do, Vick and Co. will probably shove an electrode up your ass then light you on fire. What a jerk he is for sticking up for it and almost implying its ok bc athletes are "allured to it" bc of the intensity. Shut up.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I used to hear that from someone I knew who used to do the same thing Vick did. He said the same thing. They loved their dogs that they even wake up early in the AM to train their dogs. They love their dogs so much that they sweat and bleed to train their dogs.

So I told him to train his son to fight , use a gun and ship him to Iraq. He shut up.
              I'm sure he did. Good one.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32

I suppose its ok then, huh? Some people have passion for killing other humans, but that doesnt seem to be ok. And about the ultimate fighting reference, you're an imbecile and the reason the dogs dont tap out is because if they do, Vick and Co. will probably shove an electrode up your ass then light you on fire. What a jerk he is for sticking up for it and almost implying its ok bc athletes are "allured to it" bc of the intensity. Shut up.
                Great post!

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

Now society is "using" poor Michael Vick? Am I really supposed to buy that? This guy used and abused defenseless animals for the sake of amusement and some how I'm supposed to feel sorry for him. Memo to Deion Sanders : You may be the one person on this planet that is dumber than the Vick brothers. I would like to issue a big F U to the following : Emmit Smith, Vick, and now Deion Sanders. It's pretty obvious to me that these guys just don't get it.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.

Some people kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate. Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can believe that.

And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from.

I’m sure all of the animal activists and Humane Society folks have a dart board with Vick’s picture in the center of it. And if he plays this season, PETA is going to picket every stadium where he plays.

Still, I must ask the question: Where is all of this going?

By now you’ve read all of the accusations about the cruelty involving the dogs — and I’m not just talking about their duels to the death. All of that is enough to make me cringe because I have three highly-trained protection German shepherds, just in case someone wants to rob my family.

Believe me, you don’t want to deal with them. With one German command, our dog Yascho turns into Cujo. And for the record, I live around the corner from the police station, so it won’t take them long to show up and save you from the dogs.

Now back to Vick.

Why are we indicting him? Was he the ringleader? Is he the big fish? Or is there someone else? The fights allegedly occurred at a property that he purchased for a family member. They apparently found carcasses on the property, but I must ask you again, is he the ringleader?

This situation reminds me of a scene in the movie “New Jack City,” when drug dealer Nino Brown is on the witness stand and eloquently says, “This thing is bigger than me.”

Are we using Vick to get to the ringleader? Are we using him to bring an end to dogfighting in the United States?

The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick.

Was he wrong? Absolutely. Was he stupid? Can’t argue with that. Was he immature? No doubt. But is he the ringleader? I just can’t see it.

It reminds me of when I wore a lot of jewelry back in the day because I always wanted to have the biggest chain or the biggest, baddest car. It gives you status.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....STS41/70722009
                    What is so wrong with these statements?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Pitbulls are one of the most loyal and nicest dogs but they are fierce if you train them to be fierce.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                        Now society is "using" poor Michael Vick? Am I really supposed to buy that? This guy used and abused defenseless animals for the sake of amusement and some how I'm supposed to feel sorry for him. Memo to Deion Sanders : You may be the one person on this planet that is dumber than the Vick brothers. I would like to issue a big F U to the following : Emmit Smith, Vick, and now Deion Sanders. It's pretty obvious to me that these guys just don't get it.
                        I would like to add one other name.....

Michael Irvin!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          What is so wrong with these statements?

he's trying to justify Vicks actions. Maybe we should try to glorify a serial killers actions? Some of them think they are doing nothing wrong.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

I would like to add one other name.....

Michael Irvin!
                            Yeah, I could add several thousand others, but for the sake of this thread, I'll stick with what I have.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                              • Jan 2006

Don't let idiots Portis or Samuels off the hook either. Equally stupid and ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                              X