PDA

View Full Version : Mort Says....

Dicknoze69
03-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Buffalo Terp: Mort, why did talks between Sam Adams and the Bills break down? It seemed like both parties were heading in the right direction, but now I read the deal is dead. What happened?

Chris Mortensen: (12:12 PM ET ) Adams just wants a lot of money and this is almost a repeat from last year when he turned down a lot of offers and then waited until after training camp to sign. Things could heat up again later. GM Ton Donohoe obviously likes Adams, but Adams has been a part-time player and seems to pick his spots to dominate, so you can't break the bank for a guy like that.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=3264

Ebenezer
03-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Same attitude as Peerless...it's all about the Benjamins with this guy...

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 11:48 AM
You see I thought this about this guy the guy "just wants to feed his family" give me a freaking break and cry me a river. If you don't want to be dedicated then keep your fat arse out of buffalo and put down that last chicken wing you POS. You don't want to be on a contending team then don't let TD's door his you in the arse on the way out. Good Bye Sam the HAM. GO Bills!

BillsNYC
03-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Same attitude as Peerless...it's all about the Benjamins with this guy...

tis what i've been saying....:loblo:

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 12:09 PM
you guys have all this anomosity towards adams now.. the guy sat in buffalo for 2 weeks waiting and passing up other teams.. said he wanted to be here..
i think he showed enough loyalty..

spaz.. calling him sam the ham is assinine.. why dont you call pat, pat the fat? are you 12?

Cntrygal
03-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the link Dicknoze!!!!

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 12:16 PM
No I am not 12 Sam is acting like he is 12 by saying he has to feed his family making millions of dollars. By the way Pat Williams attends all of the workouts with the team his production has always been steady we know what we have with him. Sam on the other hand production has gone down now for 2 yrs and there are rumors about his knee. What are duct taped to Sam's arse get offof it and move onthis guy obviously doesn't want to be here just to be on a contender he wants the money. If that's the way it is with him then it's fine with me I'll move on along with the other fans and root for TD when he fills another void in our team. Go Bills!

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
His name is dicknose???

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
No I am not 12 Sam is acting like he is 12 by saying he has to feed his family making millions of dollars. By the way Pat Williams attends all of the workouts with the team his production has always been steady we know what we have with him. Sam on the other hand production has gone down now for 2 yrs and there are rumors about his knee. What are duct taped to Sam's arse get offof it and move onthis guy obviously doesn't want to be here just to be on a contender he wants the money. If that's the way it is with him then it's fine with me I'll move on along with the other fans and root for TD when he fills another void in our team. Go Bills!

actually, he does want to be here.. and has turned down more money to try and be here.. he has done his part.. TD offered him garbage.. and he was right to turn it down..

and i could care less if pat comes to work outs.. he is still a tub of fat too.. but its "cool" to call a guy who turned down a commision contract a fat ham, but pat is a bill, so he is god.. its childish..

but whatever.

Cntrygal
03-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

His name is dicknose???

Actually..... it's Dicknoze69.... but we could call him D69 or DN69. ;)

lordofgun
03-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

Please refrain from personal attacks. That was uncalled for. :snicker:

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Tatonka you don't care about a guy not working out being a team player and wanting the best for his team. Sam has been questioned over and over for taking plays off and you want TD to offer him something that Adams has yet to prove since he became a popular commodity. TD wants everyone on the same page. Want is wrong with going out there and proving your worth. I mean if he is motivated by money then why not but his arse to go and get all the incentives that were put into his contract. I believe that Sam knows he's out of shape and is on the decline of his career that's why he turned down the contract. Go Bills!

Cntrygal
03-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Please refrain from personal attacks. That was uncalled for. :snicker:

log:sukrpnch:cntry

:D

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Tatonka you don't care about a guy not working out being a team player and wanting the best for his team. Sam has been questioned over and over for taking plays off and you want TD to offer him something that Adams has yet to prove since he became a popular commodity. TD wants everyone on the same page. Want is wrong with going out there and proving your worth. I mean if he is motivated by money then why not but his arse to go and get all the incentives that were put into his contract. I believe that Sam knows he's out of shape and is on the decline of his career that's why he turned down the contract. Go Bills!

i dont think that the contract was fair because it offers little to no signing bonus.. less than a rookie will get.. AND they want him to prove that he is a good player.. after he has done that year after year.. he had a down year last year.. he was out of shape.. it happens.. drew bledsoe has sucked in many years.. we still tossed 5 mill a season at him.

give him one or the other.. a decen signing bonus in the range of 4-5 mill and small salaries with incentives.. or a small SB, but a decent yearly paycheck.. if he sucks.. you cut him...

Novacane
03-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Tat......................if Sam Adams is so great why are'nt teams lining up for him. Other than Cinci who made an early offer, there is little interest. I take it NFL GM's know a little more than you.

kgun12
03-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Tatonka, If I remember you wanted to keep PP also. Look TD knows what he is doing, I for one DO NOT want a brunch of Me Me palyer on this team. So far TD has put some good player in here that are also quality people. Lets win with these type of people. We had the me players in B. Smith and didn't win crap, atleast we can be proud of this group.

venis2k1
03-19-2003, 01:35 PM
You cant really call Adams a "me" player, its not like he turned down a good offer, he turned down a slap in the face.

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 01:43 PM
He turned down a contract to prove that he can still be a dominate DT. Which obviously he is scared that he can't accomplish anymore! If he thinks he is still a probowl player then there should be no problem with him collecting all of those incentives. I mean is he worried abou his knee perhaps? What would everyone say if we gave him 4-5 million dollar signing bonus and during training or the 1st game of the season he blows out his knee and is done for the year. Either way we really wouldn't have him here to contribute. Go Bills!

GOBILLSGO!!!
03-19-2003, 02:14 PM
agreed, nobody knows what the incentives are/were, and I'm positive that they added up to a heafty sum.

Akhippo
03-19-2003, 03:56 PM
I dont think anybody is trying to be a GM here. But to blast a guy with unfounded insults, with what is reported, dont seem to be true. I dont know any other free agent that cancelled their trips to other teams to wait on what Buffalo was going to do. He wanted to be in Buffalo. Do you hear many FAs saying that. NO. But he is still looking for a paycheck. I think its a little of both. Adams wanting a little more than needed, and TD offering a little less than normal. Again, TD has the inside info that we dont, but to call Adams names is childish. With the logic thats going around we should be able to sign any FA to a vet min contract just because theyll have a chance to play for a contender. Yeah OK.

WG
03-19-2003, 04:06 PM
That opening statement is right on the money!

Adams wants all-star bucks w/o a recent record of performance at that level. He was touted on the Ravens but how soon we forget how good that team was. Arguably nearly as good as TB's D this past season. There was talent on every side of Sam.

Last year he couldn't stay out of the infirmary! HELLO!!

Just as the piece says, he's a P/T player who picks his spots! Nicely summed up.

If Sam wants as much money as he is saying, then why is he afraid to make it an incentive contract? Hmmm!

He won't be worth what he thinks and if he is, then he'd get the money when he is and not sooner! I think that's more than fair. Otherwise he can go play for Detroit for lots of bucks. We'll be fine w/o him and quite possibly better off w/ a younger, faster DT who can also rush the passer and one who won't break the bank either.

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Tat......................if Sam Adams is so great why are'nt teams lining up for him. Other than Cinci who made an early offer, there is little interest. I take it NFL GM's know a little more than you.

why does TD want him if he is hurt so bad and sucks?? he does want him.. and i would say about 31 other teams in the nfl had a better d line than us last year.. so we better want him the worst.

looks like our d line has improved by adding a injury prone de and another injury prone de. both of which no other teams wanted.. at all.. during the middle of the season..

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by kgun12
Tatonka, If I remember you wanted to keep PP also. Look TD knows what he is doing, I for one DO NOT want a brunch of Me Me palyer on this team. So far TD has put some good player in here that are also quality people. Lets win with these type of people. We had the me players in B. Smith and didn't win crap, atleast we can be proud of this group.

incorrect.. i said i didnt care either way on PP.. but i stated in my offseason review that i did back in late january that i thought PP would be taged and traded actually.. kthanks.

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Tatonka just admit you've gone overboard on this and it will cause you less stress! Everything will be ok with TD at the helm relax! Go Bills!

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 04:31 PM
He turned down a contract to prove that he can still be a dominate DT. Which obviously he is scared that he can't accomplish anymore! If he thinks he is still a probowl player then there should be no problem with him collecting all of those incentives. I mean is he worried abou his knee perhaps? What would everyone say if we gave him 4-5 million dollar signing bonus and during training or the 1st game of the season he blows out his knee and is done for the year. Either way we really wouldn't have him here to contribute. Go Bills!

and what happens if he blows his knee out in training camp? that is stupid to think ANY PLAYER would sign a deal like that .. unless you are talking about traincamp trash that know they will be cut.

only one i can think of is Ricky Williams..AS A ROOKIE.. and he got his big signing bonus.. do you think henry will resign for a all incentive , low signing bonus contract come his time? hold your breath till then.. lets find out.

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 04:37 PM
You can't compare Henry with Adams! Henry is what 25 or so and still has upside. This whole thing is about Sam Adams being on the downside of his career and it is going down rapidly. I also mentioned waht if he blows out his knee and we gave him 4-5 million in guaranteed money then what we our sheet out of luck then. Go Bills!

simpletask400
03-19-2003, 04:53 PM
With the exception of Cincy, last year no one was breaking the doors down for Drew Blesoe either. Just because other teams aren't interested doesn't mean the guy is bad.

Tatonka
03-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by simpletask400
With the exception of Cincy, last year no one was breaking the doors down for Drew Blesoe either. Just because other teams aren't interested doesn't mean the guy is bad.

excellent point..

also .. again.. you assume that adams is on the downside of his career.. so we should automatically assume that pat williams is even further along than sam is.. i guess pat williams play will drop off tremendously this year because he will be THIRTY ONE!!!!

yeah.. adams is so old.. but i am sure you will settle for traylor or mcglocklin who are 3-4 years OLDER..