PDA

View Full Version : Odell Thurman Has Another Year Tacked Onto His Suspension

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
The Bengals announced that LB Odell Thurman will not be reinstated from his one-year suspension.
Most observers believed Thurman would be let back in the league, but he has had another year tacked onto his suspension. Thurman should be eligible for reinstatement at this time in 2008, though it's looking more likely that he may not play football again.I really like the way Goodell works. Screw these thugs.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Bye Bye Vick :bigwave:

Bulldog
07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Was he originally suspended for violation of the substance abuse policy? And if so, why did Goodell give him another year? Did he get into more trouble while he was suspended?

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
:pray:

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm saying it right now....Michael Vick won't play this season for any team. And if he takes a plea deal or if he goes to trial and gets a guilty verdict.... Michael Vick will be the first player to be banned from the NFL for life. :up:

Nice job, Roger Goodell! Keep it up..... :bf1:

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
:pray:

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Was he originally suspended for violation of the substance abuse policy? And if so, why did Goodell give him another year? Did he get into more trouble while he was suspended?

On June 5th, however, ESPN reported that he was allegedly wanted for assault in Georgia along with kicking and hitting two men. However, as it turns out he was not in fact "wanted" for arrest he, and his brother, were sought for questioning in connection with said assault. However the Sherriff involved in the case said that the incident was not quickly reported and that a magistrate would choose whether or not to continue with the charges on June 8th 2007. Conflicting reports from witnesses at the party where the assault allegedly occurred however may make prosecution of this case difficult. [8]

On June 8th Papers seeking to dismiss the charges stated above were filed, and charges against the linebacker were summarily dropped. Chrissy Pitts, deputy clerk of Magistrate Court in Jasper County, said "It was settled, we aren’t aware of any terms that were involved in the settlement. That was between the attorneys and the parties.” [9]That's all I could find.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm saying it right now....Michael Vick won't play this season for any team. And if he takes a plea deal or if he goes to trial and gets a guilty verdict.... Michael Vick will be the first player to be banned from the NFL for life. :up:

If he pleas guilty, he has better things to worry about than getting banned by the league, like getting butt-****ed in prison.

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:55 AM
If he pleas guilty, he has better things to worry about than getting banned by the league, like getting butt-****ed in prison.
good point! I hope he likes being the *****, instead of beating the *****. :snicker:

superbills
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Goodell's methods could go a long way toward cleaning up sports in general. Baseball, Hockey, and Basketball all will need to follow suit if they want to keep their fanbase in-tact when the most popular sporting league in the world is forcing its players to act like human beings. The days of players, coaches, and others in the know being above the law are coming to an end. It's a gusty move by Goodell, but it goes to show the fans that the NFL recognizes that these aren't just football players. They are members of the communities that they live and work in. And if they get out of hand while employed by the NFL, there will be consequences. Bottom line, as long as you're on the NFL's watch, act like a human being, obey the law, or suffer the wrath of the commish.

Dr. Lecter
07-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Last week you were calling him a hypocrite and worse!

You flip-flop more than John Kerry! :D

Devin
07-26-2007, 01:26 PM
While I like what Goodell has done, there has to be something more to this. TO my knowledge Thurman for the most part kept his nose clean apart that one incident and even then nothing came of it.

Unless there is more to this story, this seems a bit excessive.