PDA

View Full Version : Goodell bars Pacman from Titans camp

Michael82
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Commissioner Roger Goodell has decided that cornerback Pacman Jones will not be allowed to participate in the Tennessee Titans' training camp, which opens Friday, NFL sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Jones' representatives had stated recently that they believed after Jones decided not to appeal his year-long NFL suspension that he would be able to participate in training camp but not play in any Titans preseason games.

However, Goodell maintained all along that he had yet to decide on whether to allow Jones to be in camp. Now, according to league sources, Goodell has decided against allowing Jones to participate in camp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2949683

:bf1:

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Pacman Jones has been barred from Titans training camp.
Commissioner Roger Goodell decided not to allow Jones to participate, not that the Titans themselves wanted Pacman around their facility anyways.Goodell just continues to make the best sports league in the world better and better.

Bulldog
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Bravo!

Carlton Bailey
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Goodell just continues to make the best sports league in the world better and better.

Then why's Mike Vick still receiving a paycheck? That scumbag should be out of the league. I don't want to hear "innocent until proven guilty" either. We all know that ****er did it.

gr8slayer
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Then why's Mike Vick still receiving a paycheck? That scumbag should be out of the league. I don't want to hear "innocent until proven guilty" either. We all know that ****er did it.
Don't say that to Draft Boy.

Bill Brasky
07-26-2007, 01:19 PM

that's how the country has always been. if they went around convicting people before the facts were heard we'd have millions of people in jail. as much of a scumbag he is, he has just as much a right to a fair trial as you or i.

i personally hope he's banned, but he'll probably get a slap on the wrist. he's gotten away with countless other infractions.

Voltron
07-26-2007, 01:27 PM
We all know he did it based on what? Hearsay?? Believe me I am not a Mike Vick fan by any stretch, but I think it is ridiculous to base his guilt on hearsay from people who have everything to gain by saying he was there. At the same point He needed to be banned from camp and the NFL just for the fact that this whole thing needs to get out of the front page and the NFL doesn't need any more bad press.

TedMock
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Based on the indictment and everything else we've heard, I hope Vick gets banned. However, he still has the same right to a fair trial as the rest of us.

Also, what's with Vick's crime getting so much more public outrage than Pac Man's? Both are disgusting, but Pac Man's far worse in my opinion. I love dogs and all, but involvement in the shooting innocent HUMANS has to be worse.

Carlton Bailey
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
We all know he did it based on what? Hearsay?? Believe me I am not a Mike Vick fan by any stretch, but I think it is ridiculous to base his guilt on hearsay from people who have everything to gain by saying he was there. At the same point He needed to be banned from camp and the NFL just for the fact that this whole thing needs to get out of the front page and the NFL doesn't need any more bad press.

Yeah, hearsay. Let's not remember the 95 percent conviction rate once indicted or anything. He has a snowball's chance in hell of being found not guilty.

Cntrygal
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
He told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he'll meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell later this month about reinstatement after 10 games. His case won't be reviewed until after the Titans' 10th game on Nov. 19.

Jones said he's been using the time to restore his image. He also has two felony coercion charges pending against him in Las Vegas for a strip club fight and triple shooting on Feb. 19.

more... (http://www.wbir.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=49864)

:loser:

Cntrygal
11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
This was the day Adam "Pacman" Jones was to tell NFL commissioner Roger Goodell he's done enough to end his season-long suspension.

However, whether the suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback actually met with Goodell in his office Friday was unclear. The NFL declined comment, as did both of Jones' lawyers. Messages left with the union, which had been scheduled to have a representative at the meeting, weren't immediately returned.

more... (http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071103/SPORTS/711030311/1004/SPORTS)

Related thread #1 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=131109&highlight=pacman)

Related thread #2 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=131811&highlight=pacman)