PDA

View Full Version : JP to practice today!

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Vtext.

billsburgh
07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
what will we panic about today? Lynch has signed and on the field and JP is participating. all is well today

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2007, 07:42 AM
what will we panic about today? Lynch has signed and on the field and JP is participating. all is well today
Walker hasn't signed! Our DT corps will suck! All is lost!

BlackMetalNinja
07-27-2007, 07:43 AM
... and there was much rejoicing!

http://www.southcom.com.au/%7Eangels/rejoice.jpg

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Not to mention Poz is already practicing with the first unit, despite the fact that Brown has told us the coaches had already decided he sucked!

clumping platelets
07-27-2007, 07:45 AM
... and there was much rejoicing!

http://www.southcom.com.au/%7Eangels/rejoice.jpg

yay!!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
Further confirmation via a Mkey text message.

Patti120
Maybe JP with throw an interception. That should bring back the sky is falling mentality.

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Further confirmation via a Mkey text message.
Mikey is there! Great!

billsburgh
07-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Maybe JP with throw an interception. That should bring back the sky is falling mentality.
it's only a matter of time.

mayotm
07-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Get in here OP. What do you want to *****, whine and complain about today?

cocamide
07-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Lynch signs, Peerless is playing, JP's off the PUP, and it's Friday. I smell a SuperBowl. I also think every player on the Bills will make it to the Pro Bowl. You heard it here first.

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Yes I do wonder what the ***** of the day will be.

Mitchy moo
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Lynch signs, Peerless is playing, JP's off the PUP, and it's Friday. I smell a SuperBowl. I also think every player on the Bills will make it to the Pro Bowl. You heard it here first.

every player, lol.

HHURRICANE
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Walker hasn't signed! Our DT corps will suck! All is lost!

Beat me to it!!!

However, Schobel is wearing more than 3 days of facial hair which certainly means he is protesting his current contract.

cocamide
07-27-2007, 08:16 AM
every player, lol.

Haha. I'm planning on hiring about one-million Chinese children to vote repeatedly.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Get in here OP. What do you want to *****, whine and complain about today?

nothing.... yet.

In the long run 1 day probably isn't a big deal, but I still can't believe people are shrugging off the fact that our starting QB wasn't practicing.

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2007, 08:21 AM
nothing.... yet.

In the long run 1 day probably isn't a big deal, but I still can't believe people are shrugging off the fact that our starting QB wasn't practicing.

Because it was one day and the first day at that.

What I can't beleive is that people flipped out over something so insiginificant.

He is now practicing. And so is Lynch.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Because it was one day and the first day at that.

What I can't beleive is that people flipped out over something so insiginificant.

He is now practicing. And so is Lynch.

Once again, this team isn't good enough to afford any more bad news, no matter how small.

madness
07-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Haha. I'm planning on hiring about one-million Chinese children to vote repeatedly.

Can you imagine how much it would cost to hire one-million Chinese children?

I'd have to give up all my soda change for lunch. :(

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Once again, this team isn't good enough to afford any more bad news, no matter how small.

Relax a little and quit looking at everything this team does through the world's darkest glasses.

Players missing time happens to every singel NFL team.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Relax a little and quit looking at everything this team does through the world's darkest glasses.

Players missing time happens to every singel NFL team.

right and it has negative consequences for every single NFL team. We can't afford any more negative consequences.

cocamide
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Can you imagine how much it would cost to hire one-million Chinese children?

I'd have to give up all my soda change for lunch. :(

I was planning on paying them in World of Warcraft gold.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey Op, I heard JP nicked himself shaving this morning...

Oh the horror...there go our playoff chances...

madness
07-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I was planning on paying them in World of Warcraft gold.

:rofl: Then why stop at a million?

cocamide
07-27-2007, 08:36 AM
:rofl: Then why stop at a million?

Because the kids in the gold-farming sweatshop I own need breaks everyone once in a while.

Philagape
07-27-2007, 08:51 AM
FLASH FORWARD:
"JP, why did you throw that interception?"

"Well, because I missed the first day of training camp. That was just devastating."

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
FLASH FORWARD:
"JP, why did you throw that interception?"

"Well, because I missed the first day of training camp. That was just devastating."
That interception will probably come in the last seconds of a do-or-die game in Week 17, promptly eliminating the Bills from the playoff race.

Then all the OpIvs and WysGuys everywhere will rejoice with the I-told-you-so's.

The last buffalo fan
07-27-2007, 09:59 AM
C'mon guys, let's stay on topic, not for me, just for the people living outside of NY or USA.

Pinkerton Security
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
That interception will probably come in the last seconds of a do-or-die game in Week 17, promptly eliminating the Bills from the playoff race.

Then all the OpIvs and WysGuys everywhere will rejoice with the I-told-you-so's.

speaking of which, did i miss something? where is pat?

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Beat me to it!!!

However, Schobel is wearing more than 3 days of facial hair which certainly means he is protesting his current contract.
what are you talking about. You're practically one of the nancies.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 11:49 AM
nothing.... yet.

In the long run 1 day probably isn't a big deal,.

haha! Now he tells us after he *****ed up a storm. It's statements like this that brings the perception to yourself that you ***** for the sake of *****ing .

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
haha! Now he tells us after he *****ed up a storm. It's statements like this that brings the perception to yourself that you ***** for the sake of *****ing .

I agree.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:08 PM

yesterday we didn't know it was only going to be a one day. And a starting QB missing practice is a bad thing, no matter how little it is.

hydro
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
yesterday we didn't know it was only going to be a one day. And a starting QB missing practice is a bad thing, no matter how little it is.

You really just can't give this a rest can you. We have heard your opinion now multiple times. YES we know missing practice time isn't good...

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
You really just can't give this a rest can you. We have heard your opinion now multiple times. YES we know missing practice time isn't good...

why is it ME that can't give it a rest when two or three people called me out in this thread and one of them did it before I even posted in here? Seems like the problem isn't mine...

hydro
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
You dont have to take the bait everytime someone calls you out. You retorting to everyones post about you is why they anticipate your arrival of negativness.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 12:32 PM
why is it ME that can't give it a rest when two or three people called me out in this thread and one of them did it before I even posted in here? Seems like the problem isn't mine...

Yesterday you were *****ing about JP losing time and not having time to "fine tune" himself. You were also *****ing about Lynch not having signed and about our DTs. Today, JP is up and practicing just fine, Lynch has signed and is in camp practicing, and the FO is making an effort to try and get Walker on the team.

The problem isn't yours? Yes, it is! It's called...overreacting!!!

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Alright let's chill out a minute here guys.

We like to jab at Op because he's a negative nancy.

Op contributes greatly to this board with lots of opinions which stimulate discussion.

Don't make it personal guys. It's all good.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Yesterday you were *****ing about JP losing time and not having time to "fine tune" himself. You were also *****ing about Lynch not having signed and about our DTs. Today, JP is up and practicing just fine, Lynch has signed and is in camp practicing, and the FO is making an effort to try and get Walker on the team.

The problem isn't yours? Yes, it is! It's called...overreacting!!!

I want this team to win- YESTERDAY, when I posted OUR STARTING QB AND STARTING RB (hopefully) WERE NOT PRACTICING.

That is a justified concern for anyone who wants the team to win.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
yeah but you complained like it was the end of the world. Overreaction as usual.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah but you complained like it was the end of the world. Overreaction as usual.

And you ignored it as though it would have no effect, just as you always do with any unpleasant news about the team.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
And you ignored it as though it would have no effect, just as you always do with any unpleasant news about the team.
you mean I should overreact like you? No way. I'm not one to panic like you do. Never will.

Philagape
07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
It is inconceivable that one missed practice day could in any remote way affect anything that happens this season. Every year this happens, and it will happen many more times with the inevitable "bumps and bruises," so to speak.
It takes the darkest, most warped, furthest-from-reality rationalization to get up in arms over minor injuries that cause negligible missed time.
Absolute zero significance.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:50 PM
It is inconceivable that one missed practice day could in any remote way affect anything that happens this season. Every year this happens, and it will happen many more times with the inevitable "bumps and bruises," so to speak.
It takes the darkest, most warped, furthest-from-reality rationalization to get up in arms over minor injuries that cause negligible missed time.

yesterday we didn't know it was only going to be one day.

You have to practice to get better- he wasn't practicing. There is only one conclusion to draw from that.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:51 PM
you mean I should overreact like you? No way. I'm not one to panic like you do. Never will.

No, you need to look at the whole picture, you need to hold people accountable and stop making excuses, and you need to stop ignoring anything that you find unpleasant.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Lynch missing practice was bigger than JP missing it. If JP was competing for the job than I'd understand OP's plight. OP's says he can read into things. Funny , I didn't think there was much concern in the coaches voices yesterday. Turns out I read into it right by not panicing and OP was ready to get in front of a bus.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Lynch missing practice was bigger than JP missing it. If JP was competing for the job than I'd understand OP's plight. OP's says he can read into things. Funny , I didn't think there was much concern in the coaches voices yesterday. Turns out I read into it right by not panicing and OP was ready to get in front of a bus.

I could have sworn I said this yesterday but apparently it didn't get through so I have to say it again:

This is not a good team. They have a lot of obstacles to overcome. Every problem- no matter how minor- is something that reduces their already small chances of winning. This- on it's own- may not be a big deal. But think of how many bad things have happened to this team this off-season that you've completely blown off. Any one or two or three of those things may not make much difference if they happened to a team like the Patriots, but when a ****load of those things happen to a team like the Bills, it's an entirely different story.

Philagape
07-27-2007, 12:57 PM
yesterday we didn't know it was only going to be one day.

You have to practice to get better- he wasn't practicing. There is only one conclusion to draw from that.

Yesterday we knew it was minor. All reports said he would return quickly.

Is there some kind of mathematical formula that every single practice contributes to a player's performance during the season? Even if there were, when measured against the entirety of OTAs, training camp, preseason and in-season practices, what JP has missed MIGHT cause one incomplete pass.

The correct conclusion is that a missed practice here and there is meaningless. Players catch up, especially veterans.

Philagape
07-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I could have sworn I said this yesterday but apparently it didn't get through so I have to say it again:

This is not a good team. They have a lot of obstacles to overcome. Every problem- no matter how minor- is something that reduces their already small chances of winning. This- on it's own- may not be a big deal. But think of how many bad things have happened to this team this off-season that you've completely blown off. Any one or two or three of those things may not make much difference if they happened to a team like the Patriots, but when a ****load of those things happen to a team like the Bills, it's an entirely different story.

Bad logic. It does matter how minor.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 12:59 PM
No, you need to look at the whole picture, you need to hold people accountable and stop making excuses, and you need to stop ignoring anything that you find unpleasant.

You need to stop overreacting too early or you'll pop a vein over nothing.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Yesterday we knew it was minor. All reports said he would return quickly.

Is there some kind of mathematical formula that every single practice contributes to a player's performance during the season? Even if there were, when measured against the entirety of OTAs, training camp, preseason and in-season practices, what JP has missed MIGHT cause one incomplete pass.

The correct conclusion is that a missed practice here and there is meaningless. Players catch up, especially veterans.

it was the first practice with the full team of the new season. That doesn't sound important to you?

I can't believe I have to argue that missing practice is a BAD thing.

justasportsfan

and missing one day of practice makes the teams significantly worse? :roflmao:

OpIv37
You need to stop overreacting too early or you'll pop a vein over nothing.

nothing? It took 7 years of losing to get to this point- that's hardly nothing.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
and missing one day of practice makes the teams significantly worse? :roflmao:

no, it makes the team slightly worse, on top of a whole bunch of other things that made the team significantly worse.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
nothing? It took 7 years of losing to get to this point- that's hardly nothing.

Missing one day of practice ends up to the last 7 years. okay :laughing:

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:03 PM
no, it makes the team slightly worse, on top of a whole bunch of other things that made the team significantly worse.
you have proof of that or are you guessing? What's next, if we lose one game it's because JP missed one day? :laughter: Ok.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Missing one day of practice ends up to the last 7 years. okay :laughing:

do you know how to ****ing READ?

Maybe, just maybe, if this team had been winning for a while, i wouldn't be so stressed or negative about it. I see Losman missing practice and it's just one more bad thing in a 7 year trend of nothing but bad for this team. It's not like everything has been going perfect and suddenly one minor thing happened- this negativity and frustration has been building for a long ass time.

But you refuse to consider that possibility because it doesn't match your preconceived view of me.

hydro
07-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I just dont understand how someone can live there life with so much pessimism. Keep thinking horrible thoughts and see where that gets you. At least you dont have to deal with disappointment i guess....

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
do you know how to ****ing READ?

Maybe, just maybe, if this team had been winning for a while, i wouldn't be so stressed or negative about it. I see Losman missing practice and it's just one more bad thing in a 7 year trend of nothing but bad for this team. It's not like everything has been going perfect and suddenly one minor thing happened- this negativity and frustration has been building for a long ass time.

But you refuse to consider that possibility because it doesn't match your preconceived view of me.

He didn't miss 1 or 8 games games. He missed 1 PRACTICE. If you can't see how much of an overeaction that is , don't know what to tell you except that the entire board can't be wrong for thinking you overreact. You're always right and the majority is always wrong. Hell you even think the cioaches and players are wrong and you're right. :rolleyes:

Philagape
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
it was the first practice with the full team of the new season. That doesn't sound important to you?

Nope.

Besides, it wasn't the full team; Lynch wasn't there. And it wasn't the first; with no pads, it was just like another OTA day.

I can't believe I have to argue that missing practice is a BAD thing.

A bad thing with zero significance is still insignificant.

Philagape
07-27-2007, 01:10 PM
no, it makes the team slightly worse

No, it doesn't. That's ridiculous.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I just dont understand how someone can live there life with so much pessimism. Keep thinking horrible thoughts and see where that gets you. At least you dont have to deal with disappointment i guess....

That's why there's prozac.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
He didn't miss 1 or 8 games games. He missed 1 PRACTICE. If you can't see how much of an overeaction that is , don't know what to tell you except that the entire board can't be wrong for thinking you overreact. You're always right and the majority is always wrong. Hell you even think the cioaches and players are wrong and you're right. :rolleyes:

yeah, cuz coaches and players are ALWAYS right and they ALWAYS tell the truth to the media :rolleyes:

You say I overreact, but the team still loses. Early in 2005 (the Tampa game), everyone thought I was overreacting. Hmmm.....

BTW the majority isn't always right either- at one point a majority of Americans thought Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:12 PM

If you think you know better than the coaches , that's rediculous. I'm not surprised with what comes out of OP's head anymore.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:13 PM

Yeah, players don't have to practice to get better. I don't know where I got that crazy idea.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:14 PM
yeah, cuz coaches and players are ALWAYS right and they ALWAYS tell the truth to the media :rolleyes:

You say I overreact, but the team still loses. Early in 2005 (the Tampa game), everyone thought I was overreacting. Hmmm.....

BTW the majority isn't always right either- at one point a majority of Americans thought Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

but you're always right? You always know when someone is telling the truth or not.

First you know better than the coaches and players and now you're a lie detector? :roflmao:

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, players don't have to practice to get better. I don't know where I got that crazy idea.
have you played professional sports?

Philagape
07-27-2007, 01:15 PM

The crazy idea is that one missed day is significant.

justasportsfan
The crazy idea is that one missed day is significant.

If JP was a rookie I'd agree. But he isnt so it isn't significant.

mysticsoto
I want this team to win- YESTERDAY, when I posted OUR STARTING QB AND STARTING RB (hopefully) WERE NOT PRACTICING.

That is a justified concern for anyone who wants the team to win.

No matter which way you try to spin it...it was still overreacting!!! Something you do the minute any news comes out - even if it's positive, you'll spin it into a negative. Early on you *****ed that we had terrible depth at the LB position. We find out that DiGiorgio has stepped it up and now, Pos sucks and the FO wasted draft picks if he doesn't start. Everything is a negative and overreaction is definitely common and frequent!!!!

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:16 PM
No matter which way you try to spin it...it was still overreacting!!! Something you do the minute any news comes out - even if it's positive, you'll spin it into a negative. Early on you *****ed that we had terrible depth at the LB position. We find out that DiGiorgio has stepped it up and now, Pos sucks and the FO wasted draft picks if he doesn't start. Everything is a negative and overreaction is definitely common and frequent!!!!

I agree.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I missed one day of arguing with OP and I'm still on the ball again today. That one day obviously wasn't significant.

hydro
07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Has OP ever admitted to defeat?

Philagape
07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
I blew off lots of classes my senior year and still got straight As :boozer:

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:22 PM

we didn't find out that DiG has stepped it up- some people who have their own motivations SAID it- that doesn't make it true.

I'm done arguing on this- if you guys want to think it's an overreaction-fine, that's your opinion.

I want this team to win and I will continue to be bothered by anything that has a negative effect on this team winning.

Philagape
07-27-2007, 01:23 PM
You know, the Steelers started camp on Monday, several days earlier than most teams. Pencil them in for the Super Bowl.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
we didn't find out that DiG has stepped it up- some people who have their own motivations SAID it- that doesn't make it true.

I'm done arguing on this- if you guys want to think it's an overreaction-fine, that's your opinion.

I want this team to win and I will continue to be bothered by anything that has a negative effect on this team winning.

I think bad vibes from so-called "fans" contributes to the team losing. I think you are therefore having a negative effect on this team winning!!!

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Has OP ever admitted to defeat?

How can he? He even knows better than the coaches and players all the more he knows better than everyone here. BTW, he's also a human lie detector. He can tell if someone is lying or not. Last but not least, psychic.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I missed one day of arguing with OP and I'm still on the ball again today. That one day obviously wasn't significant.

Yes, but now you are not fine tuned. You are too blunt and a brute and cannot argue with Op in a most expeditious manner derailing him with finesse...

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I think bad vibes from so-called "fans" contributes to the team losing. I think you are therefore having a negative effect on this team winning!!!

we're all a bunch of internet losers on a message board- if you guys don't take me seriously, I highly doubt the team does.

If they do, all they need to do is look at their bank accounts for motivation.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 01:31 PM

I'd like to know if you are ALWAYS right. Far as I can tell you are almost always WRONG! You apparently lost a bet with Justa last year. This year you've overreacted with JP and Lynch and we're just at the start of TC. Wow...you have to go back to 2005 for one incident you may have been right in???

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes, but now you are not fine tuned. You are too blunt and a brute and cannot argue with Op in a most expeditious manner derailing him with finesse... Can't argue with someone who thinks he's better than the coaches. I wonder what team he coaches.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I'd like to know if you are ALWAYS right. Far as I can tell you are almost always WRONG! You apparently lost a bet with Justa last year. This year you've overreacted with JP and Lynch and we're just at the start of TC. Wow...you have to go back to 2005 for one incident you may have been right in???
NO. He lost a bet to me last year.

He was wrong about thinking we won't compete for a playoff spot last year. ( but that was all of us but just to prove he was wrong. :D )

He admittedly said that the team surpassed his expectations which means his expectations were wrong.

I can go on and on but you get the idea.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM

I did lose a bet with justa last year.

But I don't know why you and justa keep spreading this crap about me always being wrong.

I said JP would struggle early last year- he did.
I said the run D would suck- it did.
I said the OL would suck- it did.

I know- none of those were particularly difficult to predict- but neither is anything else I said, which is why I'm so surprised at the flak I take for it.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 01:36 PM
we're all a bunch of internet losers on a message board- if you guys don't take me seriously, I highly doubt the team does.

If they do, all they need to do is look at their bank accounts for motivation.

Speak for yourself...

This team does not need to look at their bank acct for motivation. They are self motivated, high character players. Marv has put together a good group of high character people and it is why some of us are pumped to see what they can do. High character players work hard offseason to improve themselves. Of course, you can't acknowledge that until you're slapped in the face with it. If this was Jason Peters 1st year, you'd be *****ing about him too! Truth is you ***** at anything that is an unknown to you...for you, unknown means it's bad - a negative. I wonder if there's a name for this neurological disorder...

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I said JP would struggle early last year- he did.
I said the run D would suck- it did.
I said the OL would suck- it did.

Na, I never said you are always wrong ,but That you can be wrong. You already said we would suck and if we argue, we are wrong. Hell the coaches are wrong as far as you're concerned :rolleyes:

BTW, that list is basically stating the obvious.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Na, I never said you are always wrong ,but That you can be wrong. You already said we would suck and if we argue, we are wrong. Hell the coaches are wrong as far as you're concerned :rolleyes:

BTW, that list is basically stating the obvious.

No kidding. Saying we're gonna suck this year is stating the obvious too, but people insist on arguing with me about it....

btw- every time I've said we would suck, we sucked.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 01:40 PM
No kidding. Saying we're gonna suck this year is stating the obvious too, but people insist on arguing with me about it....

Let's quantify that. What does "suck" mean? I want explicit things that can be measured!

hydro
07-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Congratulations, would you like a cookie?

no, I just want people to stop trying to paint me as someone who's negative for the sake of being negative, because when the team sucks the negativity is actually the reality.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Let's quantify that. What does "suck" mean? I want explicit things that can be measured!

more losses than wins. Lack of improvement on either side of the ball (in terms of REAL yards, not rankings- we shouldn't get credit just because other teams suck more).

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:57 PM

so it wasn't obvious for you that we were gonna br fighting for a playoffs spot up until the end on the regular season? Why didn't you predict that if you're that good?

BTW, I don't think we will suck. I think we will be competitive. You're the only one who thinks we will suck FOR SURE and claiming it's the obvious.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 01:58 PM
more losses than wins. Lack of improvement on either side of the ball (in terms of REAL yards, not rankings- we shouldn't get credit just because other teams suck more).

we shall see if we will improve on the o side of the ball. You say we will suck huh?

My prediction, we will have more rushing yards.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Speak for yourself...

This team does not need to look at their bank acct for motivation. They are self motivated, high character players. Marv has put together a good group of high character people and it is why some of us are pumped to see what they can do. High character players work hard offseason to improve themselves. Of course, you can't acknowledge that until you're slapped in the face with it. If this was Jason Peters 1st year, you'd be *****ing about him too! Truth is you ***** at anything that is an unknown to you...for you, unknown means it's bad - a negative. I wonder if there's a name for this neurological disorder...

if they're so high character, why did you just accuse them of having a bad attitude because of MY posts?

You can accuse me of overreacting, you can accuse me of being too pessimistic, but I definitely don't suffer from delusions of grandeur. I know no one affiliated with the team knows or cares what I say.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 02:01 PM
we shall see if we will improve on the o side of the ball. You say we will suck huh?

My prediction, we will have more rushing yards.

Well considering our top back only managed 990 yards in pretty much full time duty last year, that's pretty obvious too.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Well considering our top back only managed 990 yards in pretty much full time duty last year, that's pretty obvious too.too late. You knew that already and yet you said we will suck. We shall see.

Answer my prior question. How were you not able to predict playoffs til the last part of the season.

How come you were short of expectations if the succeeded yours?

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
if they're so high character, why did you just accuse them of having a bad attitude because of MY posts?

You can accuse me of overreacting, you can accuse me of being too pessimistic, but I definitely don't suffer from delusions of grandeur. I know no one affiliated with the team knows or cares what I say.

Where did I accuse them of having a bad attitude???

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
no, I just want people to stop trying to paint me as someone who's negative for the sake of being negative, .it's not our fault, you do that to yourself . Jp missing yesterdays practice was one example.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 02:12 PM
too late. You knew that already and yet you said we will suck. We shall see.

Answer my prior question. How were you not able to predict playoffs til the last part of the season.

How come you were short of expectations if the succeeded yours?

I was one game off and that one game was enough to keep them into playoff contention late in the season. I was off, but not that far off.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Where did I accuse them of having a bad attitude???

sorry- you didn't use the precise phrase "bad attitude". But you did imply that the team was somehow affected by what I had to say, which would not be the case if they're as high character as you subsequently said they are.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM

So let's quantify this: 7-9 at best

We can keep track of these things, but I have a feeling you will put more excuses later. If we improve in one area, you will focus on the areas that we didn't improve...I already know the pattern you will follow...

According to you, we won't improve in any category on any side of the ball on REAL yards, correct? I'm trying to take the "the Bills will suck" vagueness out of the equation...

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
sorry- you didn't use the precise phrase "bad attitude". But you did imply that the team was somehow affected by what I had to say, which would not be the case if they're as high character as you subsequently said they are.

Being affected by the deluge of negative vibes you emit was meant to be a light hearted stab at you inducing a negative external influence on the games and not on the players themselves...

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM

We can keep track of these things, but I have a feeling you will put more excuses later. If we improve in one area, you will focus on the areas that we didn't improve...I already know the pattern you will follow...

According to you, we won't improve in any category on any side of the ball on REAL yards, correct? I'm trying to take the "the Bills will suck" vagueness out of the equation...

and what's the excuse for not improving in those areas? It's still a problem. The goal is to win and if we're not winning it's precisely BECAUSE we're not improving in those areas and it's a legitimate complaint.

And you misunderstood what I said- or maybe I worded it poorly: 7-9 and getting worse on one or both sides of the ball. If we put up a ton of yards on offense, what difference does it make if we give up an equal or greater amount on D?

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 02:34 PM

who decides what real yards are? Our passing yards can go down if our running game picks up and we become a run first team. But to some people they will say we sucked because our passing gmae went down. :rolleyes:

The ranking of course isn't significant because it disproves someone else's opinion of things. Some people pick stats that only fits their opinion. Surprise, surprise.

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
who decides what real yards are? Our passing yards can go down if our running game picks up and we become a run first team. But to some people they will say we sucked because our passing gmae went down. :rolleyes:

The ranking of course does significant because it disproves someone else opinion of things. Some people pick stats that only fits their opinion. Surprise, surprise.

You're right...negative people will continue to be negative no matter if the data showed something different. You can't change the stripes of a tiger...

As I said, I wish there were a way to Ignore people based on the forum you are in - and not overall.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
You're right...negative people will continue to be negative no matter if the data showed something different. You can't change the stripes of a tiger...

As I said, I wish there were a way to Ignore people based on the forum you are in - and not overall.

the goal is to win- we're not winning- why be positive? It makes no sense.

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 02:53 PM

nope, it's all or nothing

but if someone is ignoreable on one forum there ignoreable in all walks of life IMO.

I just wish all posts by an ignored user were complete gone on the screen, including those quoted, or threads started. Instead you just see that the person has replied but you don't see what they said....

I encourage using the ignore... screw putting up with some of the crap going on here.

hydro
07-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Cus sitting around and moping about it isn't going to help. I guess we should just complain and boo for every little mistake this year. That will really get the team motivated to entertain and impress us...

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Cus sitting around and moping about it isn't going to help. I guess we should just complain and boo for every little mistake this year. That will really get the team motivated to entertain and impress us...

If there are more good plays than mistakes, the mistakes won't matter. But lately that hasn't been the case, hence the negativity.

Pretending everything is fine isn't going to help either.

hydro
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
If there are more good plays than mistakes, the mistakes won't matter. But lately that hasn't been the case, hence the negativity.

Pretending everything is fine isn't going to help either.

Wow, you are like the grinch that stole happiness. It seems you will never be happy unless everyone is a pessimist like yourself....

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Wow, you are like the grinch that stole happiness. It seems you will never be happy unless everyone is a pessimist like yourself....

I'll be happy when the team wins. It's that simple. I don't see the point in pretending something is better than it is.

Mitchy moo
07-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I'll be happy when the team wins. It's that simple. I don't see the point in pretending something is better than it is.

Hope for the best & expect the worst, OP's motto.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Hope for the best & expect the worst, OP's motto.

exactly- and we have good reason to expect the worst.

ublinkwescore
07-27-2007, 10:34 PM
right and it has negative consequences for every single NFL team. We can't afford any more negative consequences.

Then let's just throw in the towel already because it's inevitably gonna happen again. :rolleyes:

the winning teams are the ones that look past it and overcome it. How do you know we can't overcome it?

ublinkwescore
07-27-2007, 10:39 PM

A normal (non-whiner) person would have rejoiced, and thought nothing of it once he said if there was a regular season game, he would be playing - which he did say yesterday BTW.

mikemac2001
07-27-2007, 10:48 PM

Your right we havent won in awhile...but were 0-0 right now you cant say this team will suck, you only base it on your gut and last years stats...which mean nothing bc we played diff teams with diff players.

But op your right we will suck so why bother...we should just go 0-16 and get the first overall pick and do it again the next year...bc the prev year we sucked so it means we will continue to suck forever :monkeyp: OP

OpIv37
07-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Your right we havent won in awhile...but were 0-0 right now you cant say this team will suck, you only base it on your gut and last years stats...which mean nothing bc we played diff teams with diff players.

But op your right we will suck so why bother...we should just go 0-16 and get the first overall pick and do it again the next year...bc the prev year we sucked so it means we will continue to suck forever :monkeyp: OP

We have the same DL, we got worse at LB (and don't tell me we didn't- if Ellison and DiG are so good and Fletcher and Spikes are so bad, why the **** were Ellison and DiG on the bench while the other two played?) we got worse at CB.

The offense looks a little better but the defense looks worse. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Sucking the previous year doesn't mean we'll suck the next year- but you have to DO something to improve and we didn't.

OpIv37
07-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Then let's just throw in the towel already because it's inevitably gonna happen again. :rolleyes:

the winning teams are the ones that look past it and overcome it. How do you know we can't overcome it?

we're not a winning team. The teams that overcome it are much better than us- that's WHY they can overcome it.