PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it hasn't been suggested yet...

BlackMetalNinja
07-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Tampa Bay released Simeon Rice yesterday, normally it only requires speculation that somebody is going to be released before several people here are clamoring for the Bills to go after them. This guy actually got released and nobody has said anything! What Gives???

cocamide
07-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Everyone was too worried about JP's back, Price's finger, and Lynch holding out for the whole year.

clumping platelets
07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
:no:

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Tampa Bay released Simeon Rice yesterday, normally it only requires speculation that somebody is going to be released before several people here are clamoring for the Bills to go after them. This guy actually got released and nobody has said anything! What Gives???

We've already got an overpaid, underperforming DE in Chris Kelsay. There's no need.

Seriously, though, there are rumors that Warren Sapp will be a cap casualty. If we're going to overpay an aging vet- I'd prefer it was him. I can't stand the guy but we need DT help so bad that I'd be willing to sacrifice for a short term deal.

BlackMetalNinja
07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
We've already got an overpaid, underperforming DE in Chris Kelsay. There's no need.

Seriously, though, there are rumors that Warren Sapp will be a cap casualty. If we're going to overpay an aging vet- I'd prefer it was him. I can't stand the guy but we need DT help so bad that I'd be willing to sacrifice for a short term deal.

I agree completely, but my point was that around here somebody always suggests these things no matter how ridiculous it may seem. I was just surprised it hasn't been brought up already.

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree completely, but my point was that around here somebody always suggests these things no matter how ridiculous it may seem. I was just surprised it hasn't been brought up already.

Drew Bledsoe is retired, but I bet we could coax him back as a back up. Also, what's Chris Watson doing these days? I bet it would only take league minimum to lure him away from his job at BJ's Tire Center.

Meathead
07-27-2007, 09:00 AM
ahh chris watson. the charring on the back of his jersey earned him the nickname toast

for mentioning his name you are :banned: for life

Pinkerton Security
07-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Rice has 121 career sacks, including 5 consecutive seasons with 11 or more sacks, and 4 seasons with 14 or more sacks. He only played 8 games last year and only had 2 sacks, but he is still far from an underperformer.

YardRat
07-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd be concerned about his shoulder. And his age.

billsburgh
07-27-2007, 05:53 PM
he failed his physical. that's why he was released.