PDA

View Full Version : Per WGR550: Walker to make a counter offer

Mitchy moo
07-27-2007, 10:25 AM
WGR 550)- WGR has learned there are new talks underway between the Bills and Darwin Walker.

The Bills took the first step earlier this week by sending a proposal to Walker's camp that did include some new money. Sources tell WGR the offer was rejected but Walker's side will be making a counteroffer.

When contacted by WGR and asked if this was a breakthrough in negotiations, Walker's agent Albert Irby said he wouldn't be optimistic unless the Bills have a favorable reaction to the counteroffer.

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2544

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 10:47 AM
To be honest I'm surprised it even got to this point. I don't know if Buffalo will accept the counter offer, but at this time last week I didn't even think they'd be talking.

It's still a long shot, which is better than no shot.

lordofgun
07-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I wish they'd just freaking take his counter offer. It's not like we don't have the cap space.

Luisito23
07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I wish they'd just freaking take his counter offer. It's not like we don't have the cap space.

I agree with Log....Just end this madness already, and let the circus move to Miami.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

cocamide
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
If we have the cap room to accept his offer, and extend Evans and Losman, then I say go for it. But I have no idea what the money issues look like.

madness
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I agree with Log....Just end this madness already, and let the circus move to Miami.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

:club:

Dr. Lecter
07-27-2007, 11:03 AM

It is more than cap space this year. It is about subsequent seasons and the team payroll hierarchy. With Losman, Evans and Crowell possibly looking for extensions in the next year or so, the team should not throw tons of cash at Walker.

Luisito23
07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
:club:

:beers: :sadbye:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
If this gets done soon, he'll be in camp early enough to contribute during the reg. season.

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Heck I'll just go up to my corporate boss and give him my counter offer, and he should just accept it cause we're a billon dollar corporation and there is plenty of cash.

No they shouldn't just accept it unless it is very reasonable for what his services are worth.

it really is that simple

madness
07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
It is more than cap space this year. It is about subsequent seasons and the team payroll hierarchy. With Losman, Evans and Crowell possibly looking for extensions in the next year or so, the team should not throw tons of cash at Walker.

I agree... but if it's blatantly obvious he wants a ton, they should have cut off negotiations by now. Especially if they are looking at using the cap space that way.

I'd like to believe there is a reasonable offer that both sides can agree on.

RedEyE
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Walker isn't worth a **** ton of money and the money he has been asking for is a **** ton.

I heard on Sirius yesterday that Marv has pretty much set the last offer on this one. And while it might just be a tactic to have Walker lower his price, I'm not confident that this deal gets worked out.

I think Walker goes back to Philly and becomes a FA rather quickly.

madness
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
:beers: :sadbye:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

:madpeace: :cheers:

mysticsoto
07-27-2007, 11:24 AM
If we have lots of cap space, it may not hurt to give him a 1 yr deal...or make it an incentive laden deal where he has to get a certain number of sacks/tackles, etc to get a bonus, etc...

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 11:38 AM
If we have lots of cap space, it may not hurt to give him a 1 yr deal...or make it an incentive laden deal where he has to get a certain number of sacks/tackles, etc to get a bonus, etc...

He wants a long term deal

he won't accept a 1 year deal IMO.

Ed
07-27-2007, 12:51 PM
We should send him back to the Eagles, get a draft pick, let them release him, and then sign him as a free agent.

Lexwhat
07-27-2007, 02:58 PM
We should send him back to the Eagles, get a draft pick, let them release him, and then sign him as a free agent.

WTF? Why the hell would he sign with us?

Meathead
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
sounds like the agent feels the competing offers are far apart

bills: well we'll give you three years six mil

agent: well we counter with five years thirty mil

bills: hahaha oh wait you were serious. we'll take the draft pick and the ginsu knives

muestafa1
07-27-2007, 03:24 PM

bills: hahaha oh wait you were serious. we'll take the draft pick and the ginsu knives

Oh come on... The Bills wouldn't do it for ginsu knives, let's be realistic... They'd need to be gettting Miracle Blades before they'd consider just walking away.

lordofgun
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Actually, if the deals aren't close, I think the Bills should just keep him on the roster and fine the heck out of him 'til he shows up. The Bills are holding all the cards, IMO.

madness
07-27-2007, 03:36 PM

:lmao:

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Actually, if the deals aren't close, I think the Bills should just keep him on the roster and fine the heck out of him 'til he shows up. The Bills are holding all the cards, IMO.

and sacrafice a 2008 draft pick

that wouldn't be smart... Marv can parlay a 6th rd pick into something worthwhile...

lordofgun
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM

that wouldn't be smart... Marv can parlay a 6th rd pick into something worthwhile...
I'd rather call his bluff and bet he changes his mind than have a 6th rounder. Probably a late 6th rounder at that.

patmoran2006
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I disagree and briefly, here's why.

YOu dont want to set a precedent where vets who are borderline starters think they can bully you into an extension for big money, especially when you have the cap room.

Walker I admit would have a larger role than he would on most other teams, since our DT position is a weakness. But you cant just let him name his price, it sets a bad precedent for vets in future years.

Having said that, I really hope we sign him. It may make me less sick to my stomach that we dumped Takeo Spikes for nothing.

ajsdx
07-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I think if Walker doesn't get signed by a certain date, he automatically goes back to the Eagles. So fining him to get him to camp won't do anything.

RedEyE
07-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll pay everyone this board 1000ZBs (each) if Walker signs with this team before the deadline.

It just won't happen.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I'll pay everyone this board 1000ZBs (each) if Walker signs with this team before the deadline.

It just won't happen.
sign me up.

X-Era
07-27-2007, 05:23 PM

RIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT.

Marv can either have a proven starter DT or the next Brad Butler, thats not a tough choice to me.

Day two picks arent worth that much in my mind

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 07:00 PM
RIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT.

Marv can either have a proven starter DT or the next Brad Butler, thats not a tough choice to me.

Day two picks arent worth that much in my mind

C'mon haven't you followed Marv's drafts. But I was refering to the notion that we just let Walker rot and not give hm back to Philly just to screw with him (read the post I was quoting)

and Wlaker is such a proven starter that Philly couldn't wait to get rid of him instead of giving him a raise.

Marv has been doing real well with 2nd day picks... Did real well last year, and it looks like he did even better this year. Give Marv the extra pick.. hey maybe we use it to trade up some. It's still better then a DT who won't play 100% all the time.

I'd rather have the 6th rd pick by a country mile then to overpay a player who by the end of the year is going to have people *****ing because he forgets to show up for 1/2 the plays

Now if he signs a resonable contract that would be ok, but to sign him just to get him on the team is a fools move.

lordofgun
07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I think if Walker doesn't get signed by a certain date, he automatically goes back to the Eagles. So fining him to get him to camp won't do anything.
Actually, it's the Bills' choice whether to send him back or not.

ddaryl
07-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd rather call his bluff and bet he changes his mind than have a 6th rounder. Probably a late 6th rounder at that.

problem with this is you now have a discontent on the team and possible locker room cancer.

X-Era
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
C'mon haven't you followed Marv's drafts. But I was refering to the notion that we just let Walker rot and not give hm back to Philly just to screw with him (read the post I was quoting)

and Wlaker is such a proven starter that Philly couldn't wait to get rid of him instead of giving him a raise.

Marv has been doing real well with 2nd day picks... Did real well last year, and it looks like he did even better this year. Give Marv the extra pick.. hey maybe we use it to trade up some. It's still better then a DT who won't play 100% all the time.

I'd rather have the 6th rd pick by a country mile then to overpay a player who by the end of the year is going to have people *****ing because he forgets to show up for 1/2 the plays

Now if he signs a resonable contract that would be ok, but to sign him just to get him on the team is a fools move.

The concept is easy to me, who would you rather have, a Brad Butler backup type or a proven starter at a need position.

He could very well become that lockeroom cancer (see my other post), but to say that you would rather have the 6th round pick is just silly in my mind. Player for player you take Walker over that 6th rounder.

If Darwin was here, signed and happy, day one we would all be calling it a great trade.

I have no problem in letting a problem child take a hike and getting our 6th rounder back, but to say that 6th round pick is worth more? NO ITS NOT.

Goobylal
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Where are you getting that Brad Butler is a "backup type?" I see him winning the RG job.

And the Eagles are in no position to be throwing-away DT's. Their run defense gave up 0.2 YPC less than the Bills' did. And Bunckley was horrible last year. The only good DT they have is Patterson, but he can't do it all.

What I think happened is that Walker complained about wanting a new deal, told management he'd sit if he didn't get one, and they had already made-up their mind that they weren't going to give him one because they wanted him to play-out the last 2 years of his current deal. So they traded him when the opp arose even though they still needed him. And they'll find out how much they're going to miss him.

Bling
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Heck I'll just go up to my corporate boss and give him my counter offer, and he should just accept it cause we're a billon dollar corporation and there is plenty of cash.

No they shouldn't just accept it unless it is very reasonable for what his services are worth.

it really is that simple

So if you thought someone was going to pay you more for the same job, you wouldn't seek employment elsewhere? It's not that easy ddaryl.

DynaPaul
07-28-2007, 03:46 PM
If this jerkoff keeps playing games he's gonna get signed by a team after training camp and probably won't be a full time starter. The longer he waits to sign the more his value drops. Why is he so scared of a one year deal? The best thing for him is that he blows up the field and teams in need of a good DT are waiting to throw piles of cash at him after this season ends.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 03:55 PM
If this jerkoff keeps playing games he's gonna get signed by a team after training camp and probably won't be a full time starter. The longer he waits to sign the more his value drops. Why is he so scared of a one year deal? The best thing for him is that he blows up the field and teams in need of a good DT are waiting to throw piles of cash at him after this season ends.

If he takes a one year deal we might resign Pat Williams in 2008. I just posted this as a thread but Vic Carucci thinks he's close to signing.