• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Ginn is in, Miami

MIAMI — First-round draft pick Ted Ginn Jr. agreed to terms Friday with the Miami Dolphins, his father said, meaning the team will have all 87 players under contract when the full squad begins training camp Saturday.

Ginn, a receiver and kick returner, reached the agreement after missing five practices for rookies.

All 10 Miami draft picks are now under contract, which is sure to please owner Wayne Huizenga. He was unhappy when the Dolphins’ top picks held out in 2005 and 2006, and warned in March that any rookie holdouts this year would be benched when they finally reported.

Ginn’s father, Ted Ginn Sr., said he was glad his son reached an agreement before the first full-squad practice.

The News-Press | Southwest Florida news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Southwest Florida, Florida | news-press.com
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Ginn is in, Miami

Damn, I was gonna post this a few hours ago but assumed it was already done. Interesting choice of links though Skooby. Could have used ESPN, NFL.com, Fox Sports....

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

FLASHBACK

And with the 9th pick in the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State! After hearing those Miami fans boo so hard and for like 10 minutes straight of non stop booing I must have got **** stains from laughing so damn hard! Still to this day it's funny as **** to think that you guys could have Brady Quinn right now, LOL!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
        FLASHBACK

And with the 9th pick in the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State! After hearing those Miami fans boo so hard and for like 10 minutes straight of non stop booing I must have got **** stains from laughing so damn hard! Still to this day it's funny as **** to think that you guys could have Brady Quinn right now, LOL!
        the same Brady Quinn that is supposedly still holding out thinking he should be getting 1st round top 10 money? Or the same Quinn that while he's holding out, charging people a minimum of $75 for a signed picture, $225 for other mechandise? As far as his play, let's see what Quinn does in some NFL games before he's annointed with the halo. For the record, I never thought Quinn was god before the draft, I didn't talk crap about him, but I never thought he's Bruschiesque.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
          the same Brady Quinn that is supposedly still holding out thinking he should be getting 1st round top 10 money? Or the same Quinn that while he's holding out, charging people a minimum of $75 for a signed picture, $225 for other mechandise? As far as his play, let's see what Quinn does in some NFL games before he's annointed with the halo. For the record, I never thought Quinn was god before the draft, I didn't talk crap about him, but I never thought he's Bruschiesque.
          Brady Quinn is going to be the better QB between him and Russell, may my words. Plus, you act like 1st round QB's holding out is something that is uncommon, every year Qb's are the last to sign. Also take into consideration that JaMarcus Russell is asking for a 30 million guaranteed and 60 million dollar deal, Quinn is probably asking for something around half of that. Players are getting severely overpaid this offseason because of the cap increase so this holdout is honestly not a surprise to me.

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Brady Quinn is going to be the better QB between him and Russell, may my words. Plus, you act like 1st round QB's holding out is something that is uncommon, every year Qb's are the last to sign. Also take into consideration that JaMarcus Russell is asking for a 30 million guaranteed and 60 million dollar deal, Quinn is probably asking for something around half of that. Players are getting severely overpaid this offseason because of the cap increase so this holdout is honestly not a surprise to me.

Mark your words? Of course no one will.

Besdies, theres so many factors that will affect each player in the future. No one can predict what effect those factors will have.

The statements youre making hold no weight. It's one thing to have an opinion, and another thing to say what youre saying.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Lexwhat
              Mark your words? Of course no one will.

Besdies, theres so many factors that will affect each player in the future. No one can predict what effect those factors will have.

The statements youre making hold no weight. It's one thing to have an opinion, and another thing to say what youre saying.
              It's one thing to have an opinion, and another thing to say what youre saying
              That's a bunch of What I said is my opinion and what I believe to be true, hello this is a message board you're suppose to post your opinion! It's not like I'm some News Reporter and I'm supposed to be strict and unbiased. I think that it's your opinion that you don't like my opinion but you can't find any reasonable evidence or facts to discount my opinion.

I have an opinion supported by facts and contract talks, what evidence do you have that fortifies your opinion/post? Regardless if anybody wants to mark my words or not I'm practically tempting if not BEGGING you or any other person to do so, by all means if you think I'm wrong then quote me, leave it in your signature and eat your crow after the seasons end.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

That's a bunch of What I said is my opinion and what I believe to be true, hello this is a message board you're suppose to post your opinion! It's not like I'm some News Reporter and I'm supposed to be strict and unbiased. I think that it's your opinion that you don't like my opinion but you can't find any reasonable evidence or facts to discount my opinion.

I have an opinion supported by facts and contract talks, what evidence do you have that fortifies your opinion/post? Regardless if anybody wants to mark my words or not I'm practically tempting if not BEGGING you or any other person to do so, by all means if you think I'm wrong then quote me, leave it in your signature and eat your crow after the seasons end.

Hahaha, what a joke.

We could go in circles arguing over whether or not what you said was an "opinion." The way you worded it, it's like you own the Crystal Ball of the NFL. As far as I go, I said that there's so many factors that determine how a player will do, and that it's impossible to know exactly how those factors will affect each player (obviously).

As for supporting your "opinion," what FACTS do you have? You have stated absolutely NO FACTS in this thread, except that Miami fans booed the Ginn selection (big deal).

As far as contract talks go, you said Quinn is "probally asking for half that." (I see NO facts there). Unless youre his agent, you have no idea if hes asking for $30 million, $25 million, or $15 million in bonuses. He may very well be ASKING for a contract that is just below what Russell might get. Again I ask, what FACTS do you have?

Lastly, you said Quinn will have a better career. And then you tell me to post it as my sig and eat crow at SEASON'S END??? WTF? IMO, it will take years to determine the level of success for these 2 players. Brady Quinn may not even start when the season begins!

You can't even be serious.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

FLASHBACK

I was never impressed with Quinn. I thought he was overrated. I also had no problem with the Ginn pick being a Ohio State fan

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

Direct quote from my friend yesterday, who is unfortunately a Fin Fan...

"Alright, we finally signed Ginn today, I was really worried about not having a guy to return kicks!"

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Your friend, with all due respect, is an idiot

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                        Your friend, with all due respect, is an idiot
                        What do you expect, he's friends with me after all!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Good point

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

touchdowns are touchdowns. whether they come from Ginn catching them as a receiver or from returning kicks, touchdowns are touchdowns . it's not like the TDs have different values per each

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                              Hahaha, what a joke.

We could go in circles arguing over whether or not what you said was an "opinion." The way you worded it, it's like you own the Crystal Ball of the NFL. As far as I go, I said that there's so many factors that determine how a player will do, and that it's impossible to know exactly how those factors will affect each player (obviously).

As for supporting your "opinion," what FACTS do you have? You have stated absolutely NO FACTS in this thread, except that Miami fans booed the Ginn selection (big deal).

As far as contract talks go, you said Quinn is "probally asking for half that." (I see NO facts there). Unless youre his agent, you have no idea if hes asking for $30 million, $25 million, or $15 million in bonuses. He may very well be ASKING for a contract that is just below what Russell might get. Again I ask, what FACTS do you have?

Lastly, you said Quinn will have a better career. And then you tell me to post it as my sig and eat crow at SEASON'S END??? WTF? IMO, it will take years to determine the level of success for these 2 players. Brady Quinn may not even start when the season begins!

You can't even be serious.
                              We could go in circles arguing over whether or not what you said was an "opinion." The way you worded it, it's like you own the Crystal Ball of the NFL.
                              Can't help it that I'm a confident man.

As far as I go, I said that there's so many factors that determine how a player will do, and that it's impossible to know exactly how those factors will affect each player (obviously).
                              Oh yeah? In a previous thread you said that if McCargo was not injured that we would have made the playoffs. I just called you on your own hypocrite.

The facts are Russell is asking for 30 in guaranteed money and a 60 million dollar deal! Brady Quinn is most likely not going to sign until Russell decides to sign! Here is another fact, QB's usually take the longest to sign each year! Look it up jerkowitz.

This is an OPINION and if you don't like it then get lost. You're bashing my posts for my PERSONAL opinions and you criticize my all knowing tone when you have the same condescending behavior and posts that I do. Atleast I'm not a big enough hypocrite however to call somebody out on something when I am doing the same damn thing. That's it for class today children.

Comment

Working...
                              X