PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick: NFL "Sacks" Sales of His Jersey

Michael82
07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I wandered on to NFLShop.com to do my daily check on everything Michael Vick and I noticed something strange. I couldn't find Michael Vick No. 7 jerseys anywhere.

So I called the NFL and asked them why they had made this decision. "We have suspended sales of Vick-related merchandise on our official league e-commerce site, NFLShop.com," said NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy. "This includes Vick jerseys and collectible items such as autographed balls and other memorabilia." McCarthy said the decision was made because it was "not appropriate under the circumstances." The suspension will take place for the immediate future.........

http://www.cnbc.com/id/19997000

Michael82
07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
WOW! Even Reebok.....

"Although Reebok does not have an individual endorsement or marketing relationship with Michael Vick, we are the official supplier of apparel and equipment to all 32 NFL teams and the league’s 1,800 active players. While we respect the legal process we find the allegations against Mr. Vick too disturbing to ignore, therefore, we have decided to immediately suspend selling Vick NFL product, both at retail and on-line through the Reebok website. In addition, Reebok has honored retail cancellations of Vick NFL jerseys."

LtFinFan66
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Cool:up:

OpIv37
07-27-2007, 03:08 PM
The harder they fall....

This guy went from the league's poster boy to the league's deformed child that that they lock in the basement to hide from the neighbors in a matter of months.

Michael82
07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
The harder they fall....

This guy went from the league's poster boy to the league's deformed child that that they lock in the basement to hide from the neighbors in a matter of months.
:rofl: Good analogy.

theanswer74
07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
The NFL is a montster, they can do whatever they want.

Seriously, why would the NFL care about losing Vick? They lose Vick, and gain Vince Young.

RockStar36
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I give the NFL a lot of credit for doing this. At least they are trying to distance themselves from Vick as much as possible. I would think in the past they wouldn't have done this much so quick.

Carlton Bailey
07-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Excellent. I'm starting to believe Vick will never play another down in the NFL. With his trial set to begin in November and the fact that he's not going to be at camp, Vick'll definitely miss this season.

TacklingDummy
07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I bet Atlanta wishes they didn't trade Shaub now.

Michael82
07-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Good point! You know that Blank has to be kicking himself for that one. :doh:

cocamide
07-27-2007, 04:10 PM

They'll be playing the Joey/Daunte combo. Maybe Miami's woes have traveled north to Georgia.

theanswer74
07-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Cough...Brian Brohm..Cough

Ingtar33
07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
the difference between the nba and the nfl.

in the nba this increases sales of his jerseys and he'd get another 20 mil from his shoe company.

in the nfl, the league closes him down and pretends it doesn't know him.

feldspar
07-27-2007, 06:23 PM
In these politically correct times, everyone associated with Vick is now running for cover, distancing themselves from him to save their own reputations. This is a total PR move so they can save face.

Michael82
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow! It gets even better..... :shocked:

Nike suspended its lucrative contract with Michael Vick (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/;_ylt=Ap_mxA_mRcXlb0UXVsqLzIodsLYF) on Friday, while Reebok took the unprecedented step of stopping sales of his No. 7 jersey.

In another dose of bad news for the indicted quarterback, a top trading card company announced it was pulling Vick's likeness from any new packs.

Facing protests from animal-rights groups, Nike announced it was suspending Vick's endorsement deal without pay, as well as halting sales of Vick-related shoes and other products at its retail stores.

"Nike is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick, and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent," Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said in a statement. Reebok, the official uniform supplier of the NFL, said it would stop selling Vick's replica jersey at retail stores and through its Web site.

Donruss, one of four major trading card companies, has decided to pull Vick's card from any future 2007 releases, according to Beckett Media, which covers the collectibles industry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-merchandise&prov=ap&type=lgns

PECKERWOOD
07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
It's really starting to look like Vick may never play in the NFL again.

Michael82
07-27-2007, 09:19 PM
It's really starting to look like Vick may never play in the NFL again.
I'm thinking the same thing.... Wow! What a shame that would be.

Bulldog
07-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I bet Atlanta wishes they never took Vick in the first place. And to think they could have had LT. Talk about a blunder. Vick is a POS and I'm loving every minuet of this!

njsue
07-28-2007, 06:02 AM
The signs are happening like the domino effect that will lead to Michael Vick getting suspended from the league.

The Atlanta Falcons is now Joey Harrington's team.

M
07-28-2007, 02:17 PM
:bf1: Vick is as good as done.

DynaPaul
07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Some of these guys forget that privilege is part of playing in the NFL. Now, as if he betrayed a mafia, clan everyone has turned their back on him.