PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Practice comments

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Now this report is nowhere near Mikeys, and I dont write stuff down so its all mental so take it for what its worth. Its just my opinion from what I saw today to help some of you who are hungry for info.

The first half of practice was primarliy drills with respective units and a lot of work on ST in the punting department. Moorman is still a freakin beast, booming punts. I saw one that had to be about 70 yards on the fly. Parrish fielded most and looked good while Leonhard fielded some others and unfortunately fumbled one.

JP looked GREAT. Keep in mind, there is no pass rush during most of the drills, but i absolutely loved what I saw from him. In years past, he would throw a lot of balls short, or just basically inaccurately, but not anymore. He has a confidence and its shows. Most of his passes were spot on during a drill only using receivers and TEs against LBs and DBs. He managed to hit Parrish on a BEAUTIFUL ball about 50 yards down the right side of the field. He put it only where Roscoe could grab it before he stepped out. On the very next play, JP hit Evans on what would probably been another 60 yard TD reception. It was a play very similar to those scored against Houston where JP and Evans kinda gave a fake on a short route then Evans found the spot between the CB who was beat and the safety and took it down the sidelines for what would have been a TD. Im very excited to see JP get started this year.

If todays practice is any idication of whats to come at backup QB, Nalls days are numbered. He looked pretty damn bad in his first three throws, throwing the first one at Royals feet. Then on the second he tried threading the needle in which Poz made a great play to deflect the pass. After that He overthrew someone else at the sideline who was double covered. Overall, he was not good. Edwards on the other hand looked good. He made a few good plays to the sideline and later in a drill with pass rush he hit Aiken down the middle for about a 40 yard gain.

I didnt see a whole lot from Lynch. They didnt have him really involved from what I saw yet, mainly bc they did a lot of passing. I did however see him doing screen pass drills in which he looked very good catching the ball out of the backfield. Its a world of differnce from Willis.

The left side of our Oline is an absolute wall. When they were doing full team scrimmage, it often looked like they were bored with the guys challenging them. Peters had no problems and Dockery seemed to dominate as well.

McCargo was there and looked fine. He managed to get good penetration into the backfield a few times and doesnt look slowed down by his foot.

Coy Wires days as a safety are done, as he did all his work with LBs.

Everett made a few good catches, and even Price managed to grab a few nice ones.

Thats about all I can think of right now, trying to remember as much as possible and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and ill see if i can answer. Besides that, Im sure Mikey will have a better report for you all soon. Hope this was a good appetizer.

Earthquake Enyart
07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
How did Wire look?

Michael82
07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Great job! :bf1: I didn't go to the afternoon practice as I was writing my report from the AM session and had some other things to do. Thanks for sharing, man! Oh and I totally agree with you on Nall, I don't see him staying as the #2 for very long. He isn't that good. :ill:

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
How did Wire look?

Didnt really notice too much of him on the field during scrimmage type drills. I just noticed he was working in with the LBs during respective position drills in which he looked alright. They were kind of low intensity drills so its hard to really gage him.

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Forgot to mention Mcgee made a great interception of Losman. Losman went deep to Parrish who had a step, the wind kind of held the ball up long enough for Mcgee to make up ground and he stepped in front of Parrish to make a great leaping interception.

Michael82
07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Forgot to mention Mcgee made a great interception of Losman. Losman went deep to Parrish who had a step, the wind kind of held the ball up long enough for Mcgee to make up ground and he stepped in front of Parrish to make a great leaping interception.
Wow! McGee had a great day today, including the morning session. Let's hope he keeps it up. I came away very impressed! :clap:

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah and IMO the days of Anderson may finally be coming to an end. He looks like an over weight mechanic and plays like one too. I noticed he didnt get a whole lot of playing time and I hope it stays that way.

cocamide
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow! McGee had a great day today, including the morning session. Let's hope he keeps it up. I came away very impressed! :clap:

This is very, very good news. We need McGee to step up big at corner.

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM

yup Mcgee sure did! I also liked what I saw from Whitner. I hope now that he got his feet wet, hes ready to play like a #8 overall pick.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
can't wait to see what happens when the pads come on.

justasportsfan
07-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Anyone take note of McCargo btw?

Michael82
07-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh yeah and IMO the days of Anderson may finally be coming to an end. He looks like an over weight mechanic and plays like one too. I noticed he didnt get a whole lot of playing time and I hope it stays that way.
yup, I saw that fat ass in the morning get manhandled by Butler several times and then even get knocked on the ground, I think i have a pic......

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Anyone take note of McCargo btw?

First off, I didnt realize just how BIG he is. Second, he had the foot taped, but looked just fine. It appeared to me that he was running some plays with the first team. I saw him getting some good penetration a few times and think he will step up this year. Granted im basing this on 2 hours of practice.

christhebillsfan783
07-27-2007, 05:17 PM
how did the Lb corp look?

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 05:24 PM
how did the Lb corp look?

They looked decent. There was only so many scrimmage like drills, and with so much going on, I wasnt able to watch closely on every play. I will say this though, Poz will start ahead of Digeorgio. Poz seemed to have a presense out there and was flying to every ball. Hes faster than I thought he was.

FlyingDutchman
07-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Another note, I know Parrish is small and would have trouble getting off any kind of jam at the line, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him at #2. He had a hell of a practice and impressed me. He was making some really tough catches and running good routes.

Generalissimus Gibby
07-27-2007, 06:14 PM
how did the DTs look? I mean other than McCargo and its good to hear that he is doing well. Hopefully he can be the answer at DT. Also how did the CBs look?

HHURRICANE
07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Any news on Langston Walker?

mikemac2001
07-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Did you see any hot chicks?

PECKERWOOD
07-27-2007, 07:58 PM
They looked decent. There was only so many scrimmage like drills, and with so much going on, I wasnt able to watch closely on every play. I will say this though, Poz will start ahead of Digeorgio. Poz seemed to have a presense out there and was flying to every ball. Hes faster than I thought he was.

Can he fly faster than the Dutchman?