PDA

View Full Version : Why is Ralph sticking his nose into it anyways?

Michael82
03-19-2003, 02:37 PM
I was listening to what Ralph Wilson said on WNSA and it made me wonder...What the heck it Ralph doing? He is supposed to be hands off and open his wallet when TD needs it. Why is he putting his hands on the Sam Adams contract? If it is only a $1-2 million Signing bonus, then it is a low blow offer. All the other DTs this season have gotten at least $4 million. Why does TD want to keep lowballing? Does Ralph want to close the wallet a little more because of all the bonus money to Spikes? :earpoke:

I just hope Ralph knows what he's doing. Please don't cheapen out on us, Ralph. :D

:pray:

Brian H
03-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Its simple dude cause he can ......

Pride
03-19-2003, 02:48 PM
As much as he says he wants to stay out, we all know that if we were put into his shoes for a week, we would want to be as involved as the GM/Agent/and Player.

It is hard to be a Bills fan and Owner.

One says break the bank to win a SB, the other says, hey, that is my check I am signing every week.

Voltron
03-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Pride
It is hard to be a Bills fan and Owner.

One says break the bank to win a SB, the other says, hey, that is my check I am signing every week.

Excelent point!!!!

Man if I had the money he had I would be watching like a hawk too.

The Spaz
03-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Really he is only saying what TD had told him! Go Bills!

WG
03-19-2003, 03:00 PM
According to reports it was an incentive laden contract. Since Sam wants so much, I certainly think that's fair! I'm sure there were some very fair incentives in there. And a $2M bonus, what are you nuts! That's very good for a player who may only be around for a season or two when combined w/ incentives.

Adams is on the downside of his career already whether he wants to admit it or not. Big, heavy DTs like that fall off quickly when they do. Ted Washington was the same. The very season after he left here he couldn't even play all the downs. Players like that only have so much value.

Why put ourselves in cap hell in two years just to sign some big names who may not even perform now? Doesn't make sense.

Lastly, how do you know that wasn't part of the ploy? Maybe that's the message to his agent that hey, if Sam thinks he's worth all that, we'll bite, but he'll get paid when we get "all that!" Not before!

Adams ain't worth $4M/yr.

justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Besides , with Pat beside him, what's his worry? His nos. Should go up. After looking at his stats, hell yeah, you perform or make nothing.

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2003, 08:31 PM
I love Ralph. I wish he'd talk more.