• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Vick's in trouble now................

RICHMOND, Va. -- One of Michael Vick's co-defendants doesn't want to wait for trial.
    Instead, a plea agreement hearing has been scheduled for Tony Taylor at 9 a.m. Monday in the federal dogfighting conspiracy case.
    Taylor's hearing was added to U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson's docket Friday, a day after he and the other three defendants pleaded not guilty before the same judge. Vick and the others still are scheduled for trial Nov. 26.
    Prosecutors claim Taylor, 34, found the Surry County property purchased by Vick and used it as the site of "Bad Newz Kennels," a dogfighting enterprise. The Hampton man also allegedly helped purchase pit bulls and killed at least two dogs that fared poorly in test fights.
    Taylor's lawyer, Stephen Ashton Hudgins of Newport News, did not immediately return a phone message, and federal prosecutors have declined to talk about the case.
    An 18-page indictment issued July 17 charged the four men with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities, and conspiring to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. The maximum punishment is five years in prison and fines of up to $250,000.
    According to the indictment, the dogfighting ring executed underperforming dogs by drowning, hanging and other brutal means. It alleges that the fights offered purses as high as $26,000.

One of Michael Vick's co-defendants in the dogfighting-ring case is scheduled to have a plea -agreement hearing on Monday.
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: Vick's in trouble now................

This guy might not have rolled on Vick, but someone bigger. Im sure Vick is not the Top Dog (No Pun intended) in dog fighting. Maybe this guy knows other locations and gave those up.

The goal is not to bring Vick down, but to end dog fighting.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Hmmm, this is going to be very interesting. I think he realized how much trouble he was in and got nervous. He's ratting Vick out I bet. But I don't think Vick is the one they are after. I think they are trying to get the higher ups in the dog fighting ring....

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

how freakin stupid does mexico have to be to get involved in this stuff. absolutely no brain whatsoever

he should work in the white house
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

but Portis said everyone does this and it's not that big a thing. I swear, there is something bigger/sicker going on out there.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by theanswer74
            This guy might not have rolled on Vick, but someone bigger. Im sure Vick is not the Top Dog (No Pun intended) in dog fighting. Maybe this guy knows other locations and gave those up.

The goal is not to bring Vick down, but to end dog fighting.
            Not based on this article, Vick is the ring leader. Good read!

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Realistically what interest would the government have in accepting a plea bargain from Vick?

When it comes to plea bargaining, Vick has a problem. Based on the indictment, he appears to have bankrolled the entire dogfighting operation, which began after he became a wealthy professional athlete.

It may well be accurate to say he was the leader of the operation.
            Thus, it's not as if he can offer up to the government a criminal who's further up the chain than he is.

This is unlike the situation facing NBA ref Tim Donaghy, who may well be able to offer up mob-connected bookies whom the government may be more interested in convicting.

Nevertheless, the two reasons why Vick may still be able to make a deal are: First, there would be a value to both sides if Vick is the first defendant to try and do a deal — the government would be more likely to accept such a deal than if he were the last defendant to seek a deal. Second, the government knows that if it has to actually try Vick, it will be going up against a high-powered defense team, including prominent D.C. attorney Billy Martin, whereas, if they do a deal with Vick and take the other three defendants to trial, they will not be facing anywhere near as well-financed a legal defense.

I believe he is screwed!
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
              RICHMOND, Va. -- One of Michael Vick's co-defendants doesn't want to wait for trial.
              Instead, a plea agreement hearing has been scheduled for Tony Taylor at 9 a.m. Monday in the federal dogfighting conspiracy case.
              Taylor's hearing was added to U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson's docket Friday, a day after he and the other three defendants pleaded not guilty before the same judge. Vick and the others still are scheduled for trial Nov. 26.
              Prosecutors claim Taylor, 34, found the Surry County property purchased by Vick and used it as the site of "Bad Newz Kennels," a dogfighting enterprise. The Hampton man also allegedly helped purchase pit bulls and killed at least two dogs that fared poorly in test fights.
              Taylor's lawyer, Stephen Ashton Hudgins of Newport News, did not immediately return a phone message, and federal prosecutors have declined to talk about the case.
              An 18-page indictment issued July 17 charged the four men with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities, and conspiring to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. The maximum punishment is five years in prison and fines of up to $250,000.
              According to the indictment, the dogfighting ring executed underperforming dogs by drowning, hanging and other brutal means. It alleges that the fights offered purses as high as $26,000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952092

They said on ESPN the date of his court appearance, that this guy would be the easiest to plead out, in exchange for testimony against Vick!
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• theanswer74
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kgun12
                Not based on this article, Vick is the ring leader. Good read!

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Realistically what interest would the government have in accepting a plea bargain from Vick?

When it comes to plea bargaining, Vick has a problem. Based on the indictment, he appears to have bankrolled the entire dogfighting operation, which began after he became a wealthy professional athlete.

It may well be accurate to say he was the leader of the operation.
                Thus, it's not as if he can offer up to the government a criminal who's further up the chain than he is.

This is unlike the situation facing NBA ref Tim Donaghy, who may well be able to offer up mob-connected bookies whom the government may be more interested in convicting.

Nevertheless, the two reasons why Vick may still be able to make a deal are: First, there would be a value to both sides if Vick is the first defendant to try and do a deal — the government would be more likely to accept such a deal than if he were the last defendant to seek a deal. Second, the government knows that if it has to actually try Vick, it will be going up against a high-powered defense team, including prominent D.C. attorney Billy Martin, whereas, if they do a deal with Vick and take the other three defendants to trial, they will not be facing anywhere near as well-financed a legal defense.

I believe he is screwed!
                Does that go for Nationally ? Did Vick help fund dog fighting around the US? If so, Vick is screwed. This is bigger than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead
                  how freakin stupid does mexico have to be to get involved in this stuff. absolutely no brain whatsoever

he should work in the white house
                  Good point. Let me ask you;

If Vick didn't have the skills to play pro football, or any other sport, based on what you know of Vick and his family and background, what do you think he would be doing to earn a living?

What could he be doing? I.e., what educational or intellectual, or other, qualifications would he have?

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

selling crack
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kgun12
                      I believe he is screwed!
                      I beleive he will be once sentenced. Quite reguarlary as matter of fact.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        LOL

Could be interesting. Or he could get Paris Hilton treatment.

One way or another, he'll probably get "tucked in at night," the question is by whom and how.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                          LOL

Could be interesting. Or he could get Paris Hilton treatment.

One way or another, he'll probably get "tucked in at night," the question is by whom and how.
                          He'll be left alone because of the herpes thing, then again that maybe par for the course where he is going.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            They are going to show him what it feels like to be a real *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Skooby
                              He'll be left alone because of the herpes thing, then again that maybe par for the course where he is going.
                              Yeah, I was going to comment, herpes in prison is like the sniffles for you or I.

Comment

Working...
                              X