PDA

View Full Version : Does Jim Kelly think Losman is the man?

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Kelly: Do or die for Losman<!--dd class="story-pic-bigger">Click to view a larger picture (http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2007/07/28/06/417-bn-20070728-B003-kellydoordiefor-46486-MI0001.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg)</dd-->

<!-- End /PubSys/Story/MediaBox/MediaBox.comp --><!--endclickprintexclude-->The Bills have been searching for a worthy successor for Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly since his retirement after the 1997 season. While he likes the strides Losman has made over the past year, Kelly believes this season will determine whether Losman is for real.
“This year is going to be a big year for him. I think it’s going to define whether he’s going to be here or not,” Kelly said during his visit to practice Friday morning. “He’s had a couple of years that he did all right and came on at the end of last year. But this is his year to show whether he’s going to be the quarterback of the future or a guy that’s just going to be here and is going to move on to another team next year. He realizes that, not just from the standpoint of being a leader on this football team but his contract. I hope he does well. “He’s a good kid and he works hard.”
Kelly does believe Losman has good physical tools and is surrounded with enough talent to succeed.

cocamide
07-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Kelly's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
(from Office Space)

Risin
07-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Kelly knows his stuff.

He was in a similar situation.

He was at a crossroads in the 87 season.

He didn't have a great year, and was starting to get booed at home.

One of the pictures, that I remember seeing in the newspaper at the time, was a snowball blowing up on the back of Kelly's helmet as he ran through the tunnel at Rich Stadium. We had just lost a tough game to the New Orleans Saints, with John Fourcade (sp?) as their QB. (He was their scrub backup)

Jim was tough enough to pull through it and become a HoF'er.

Anyone who has watched JP the last few years knows that pressure doesn't bother him. The kid has toughness not matched by many, and if the Mularkey debacle, and last years competition didn't cripple him, this situation won't bother him either.

I look forward to watching JP become one of the best QB's in the league, I'm pretty confident that will start to transpire on September 9th.

ublinkwescore
07-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Anyone who has watched JP the last few years knows that pressure doesn't bother him. The kid has toughness not matched by many, and if the Mularkey debacle, and last years competition didn't cripple him, this situation won't bother him either.

I look forward to watching JP become one of the best QB's in the league, I'm pretty confident that will start to transpire on September 9th.

That's what I keep telling the douchebag bears and cowgirls fan at work, but they just keep acting like it's impossible.

I have a bet with the cowboys fan for an 18 pack - the Bills win, I get an 18 pack of beer - the cowboys win, he gets an 18 pack from me.

SABURZFAN
07-28-2007, 11:12 AM
That's what I keep telling the douchebag bears and cowgirls fan at work, but they just keep acting like it's impossible.

I have a bet with the cowboys fan for an 18 pack - the Bills win, I get an 18 pack of beer - the cowboys win, he gets an 18 pack from me.

if we lose,i'm pinning this one on you.

ublinkwescore
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok.

I'm confident.

X-Era
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Kelly: Do or die for Losman<!--dd class="story-pic-bigger">Click to view a larger picture (http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2007/07/28/06/417-bn-20070728-B003-kellydoordiefor-46486-MI0001.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg)</dd-->

<!-- End /PubSys/Story/MediaBox/MediaBox.comp --><!--endclickprintexclude-->The Bills have been searching for a worthy successor for Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly since his retirement after the 1997 season. While he likes the strides Losman has made over the past year, Kelly believes this season will determine whether Losman is for real.
“This year is going to be a big year for him. I think it’s going to define whether he’s going to be here or not,” Kelly said during his visit to practice Friday morning. “He’s had a couple of years that he did all right and came on at the end of last year. But this is his year to show whether he’s going to be the quarterback of the future or a guy that’s just going to be here and is going to move on to another team next year. He realizes that, not just from the standpoint of being a leader on this football team but his contract. I hope he does well. “He’s a good kid and he works hard.”
Kelly does believe Losman has good physical tools and is surrounded with enough talent to succeed.

Why did this guy not coach or even head into management?

He tells it like it is, I cant stand candy coating.

I think Losmans up to the test. Hes his harshest critic and now has enough confidence to become very good. We will have to see but I think Jims gonna be pleasantly suprised.

ublinkwescore
07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
if we lose,i'm pinning this one on you.

That's like saying if Losman stinks this year, I'm pinning it on you - it's simply not gonna happen.