PDA

View Full Version : My bold prediction about Lynch.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Last year I was super confident that we could win 7 games. I don't know about win/loss this year but Marshawn Lynch is going to be one of the best in the league and he's going to be rookie of the year.

He has another gear that McGahee never possessed as a Bill. I actually feel bad that Willis took such a catastrophic injury because it really did change his career and we ended up getting the bonehead.

Lynch is going to be a stud. His combination of strength, speed and hands are pretty scary. I love this pick.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Last year I was super confident that we could win 7 games. I don't know about win/loss this year but Marshawn Lynch is going to be one of the best in the league and he's going to be rookie of the year.

He has another gear that McGahee never possessed as a Bill. I actually feel bad that Willis took such a catastrophic injury because it really did change his career and we ended up getting the bonehead.

Lynch is going to be a stud. His combination of strength, speed and hands are pretty scary. I love this pick.

IMO it changed his career by being a wuss. He ran like Franco Harris did in his last days in pursuit of a record that would never come. You cannot run as if you're afraid to get hit or take a beating, but that's exactly how McGahee ran.

He saw defenders and he cringed. He tried to cherry pick for holes and head for the open space as often as he could, which is wise, but otherwise he woudl just fold.

Unless that fear in him changes, he won't ever amount to much besides a journeyman backup in the NFL. IMO he has this season. The Ravens' fans aren't going to sit still for Jamal Lewis type performance from him, yet that's about all he brought while here.

He doesn't even have Lewis' UTM game.

PECKERWOOD
07-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Watch out the Gustapo (Gloobyal) may bash you for making a prediction. Only he is allowed to make predictions. I however agree with you, I like Lynch alot but Posluszny is going to be a superstar on defense.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Well, we'll see. Marques Colstons pop up on occasion, and there are always the Lawrence Phillips, Ryan Leafs, and Heath Shulers of the draft.

Everyone always expects as much from them as we now expect from Lynch or Puz. My expectation for Lynch is to provide what Thomas does in rushing for the most part and yet a good contribution in the passing game that AT does not.

As to Puz, he's built big and strong and there's no reason to think that he won't at least be a stalwart LB for us over the years.

As to the Gustapo, I've cut and paste that prediction/statement into Word. It will be revisited later in the season one way or the other. I merely have to question what anyone, "the many" that Goobylal says saw what isn't there statistically or on film, about McCargo that lays the foundation for such lofty predictions.

I mean is there even one video clip of McCargo doing something beyond the very normal or less than mediocre?

He may have improved, but that's like saying that OJ's gotten more honest since his acquittal. Not

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, we'll see. Marques Colstons pop up on occasion, and there are always the Lawrence Phillips, Ryan Leafs, and Heath Shulers of the draft.

Everyone always expects as much from them as we now expect from Lynch or Puz. My expectation for Lynch is to provide what Thomas does in rushing for the most part and yet a good contribution in the passing game that AT does not.

As to Puz, he's built big and strong and there's no reason to think that he won't at least be a stalwart LB for us over the years.

As to the Gustapo, I've cut and paste that prediction/statement into Word. It will be revisited later in the season one way or the other. I merely have to question what anyone, "the many" that Goobylal says saw what isn't there statistically or on film, about McCargo that lays the foundation for such lofty predictions.

I mean is there even one video clip of McCargo doing something beyond the very normal or less than mediocre?

He may have improved, but that's like saying that OJ's gotten more honest since his acquittal. Not much.

Ditto for Losman, his short-game improved substantially last season. It was still among the worst short-medium games in the league last year. So simply saying "he improved" is entirely relative to where he was. McCargo, and Losman regarding his short-medium game, were all but in the "unemployable" column early in their careers.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 01:40 PM
And hey, ya know, I hope I'm as dead wrong on McCargo as I can possibly be. I hope he steps up to be the next Marcus Stroud. Based on the information that I have before me however, I see him more being the next Erik Flowers.

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Watch out the Gustapo (Gloobyal) may bash you for making a prediction. Only he is allowed to make predictions. I however agree with you, I like Lynch alot but Posluszny is going to be a superstar on defense.
I have no problem with predictions. But when they are qualified with extremes like "he sucks," I can't take them seriously. I also can't take them seriously when they fly in the face of what the majority say; many of whom I know have more knowledge than Wys, who I don't know from a hole in the wall and thus have no reason to believe his word as gospel.