PDA

View Full Version : Nall Amnesty Thread, because you need it!

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 09:52 AM
For all of you "Nall Ball" huggers please find this as a safe thread to admit that you were wrong about his talent. We will only rip on you in this thread so admit your mistake here and take solice in knowing that it will never leave this thread.

I have seen two days of video and Edwards is looking off defenders and making some nice throws. How long has Nall been in the league? He sucks, and I'm hoping he get's relegated to number 3 on the depth chart because if anything happens to JP Nall won't win us a game.

Philagape
07-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Nall Ball :funny:

LtFinFan66
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
:popcorn:

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I don't want to start pulling out posts from last year. Come clean now. You know who you are.

Risin
07-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't want to start pulling out posts from last year. Come clean now. You know who you are.

Not gonna name names, but his initials are Ibatiger.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Not gonna name names, but his initials are Ibatiger.:lmao:

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 10:24 AM
For all of you "Nall Ball" huggers please find this as a safe thread to admit that you were wrong about his talent. We will only rip on you in this thread so admit your mistake here and take solice in knowing that it will never leave this thread.

I have seen two days of video and Edwards is looking off defenders and making some nice throws. How long has Nall been in the league? He sucks, and I'm hoping he get's relegated to number 3 on the depth chart because if anything happens to JP Nall won't win us a game.

Does that include Levy who specifically said "he's ready to emerge?"

As to what happens in camp, it's wise to temper that. Until these guys play in a hot/live environment, anyone can look good under similar circumstances. Anyone that's ever played football ran "perfect" plays in a "touch" environment or with no pressure at all.

Last year all kinds of things happened for the positive in camp that never manifested themselves on the field, and it happens every season to one extent or another.

The Spaz
07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Travis Brown was ready to emerge by some as well...

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Nall's head is "ready to emerge" from his backside? Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

I say trade him to the Falcons.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Does that include Levy who specifically said "he's ready to emerge?"

I was never a big fan of the Nall signing. Levy and Jauron were really concerned about JP having any ability to be a starter before he ever took a snap for them. Levy was a big Nall fan after watching him as a Bears analyst and getting the opportunity to watch some Packers games. I don't know what he saw in him but we need a third stringer and he's good enough for that. Someone has to hold the clipboard and play against the the third string defense.

To my knowledge Levy has never pushed to have Nall as the starter.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Nall's head is "ready to emerge" from his backside? Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

I say trade him to the Falcons.

That's actually a great idea. But what do we get for him?

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Whatever "we" can.

Earthquake Enyart
07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
One bad practice and everyone wants to throw the guy under the bus.

He watched Brett Favre for 4 years. He'll be fine.

NALL BALL BABY!

Philagape
07-28-2007, 10:46 AM
One bad practice

One bad career

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 10:55 AM
It's been 4 bad practices. I was willing to give him the BOTD after his first day, when he said he had some rust. But after seeing how poorly he did on day 2, and how well JP did after missing day 1, I got the sense that either he's not good enough or is tanking it to get cut or traded.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Travis Brown was ready to emerge by some as well...
Really? Who?

Clearly you mean me, but I don't believe I ever said that. I said he had potential. He was never given a chance to play. Frankly he brought better history to the NFL than Edwards does.

Regardless, this validates Levy's own statements how now?

What, are you saying that Levy, assuming your "suggestion" makes sense, is no better than I am at being a GM?

Either way, it seems to me that most clearly Levy's (and the personnel office's no doubt) assessments were way off given the talk here.

Ya can't have it every way your way on these things. Levy's perpetually a genius regardless of what he does. Takes a crap in the can during camp and someone here is running for a vase.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I was never a big fan of the Nall signing. Levy and Jauron were really concerned about JP having any ability to be a starter before he ever took a snap for them. Levy was a big Nall fan after watching him as a Bears analyst and getting the opportunity to watch some Packers games. I don't know what he saw in him but we need a third stringer and he's good enough for that. Someone has to hold the clipboard and play against the the third string defense.

To my knowledge Levy has never pushed to have Nall as the starter.

You many not have been a big fan of that signing, but many here singing Levy's praises like a canary were big fans of it even suggesting that he replace Losman last year at times.

Just pointing out the inconsistencies in positions on the part of some, generally speaking.

Also, part of the point is that Levy's own decisions are already starting to prove wrong.

Given the way he gutted the team this year, he could have done it last year after charging in and exclaiming that "the future is now" when it really wasn't "now." I guess if "now" means in 2012, then I simply don't know what to say.

Frankly, his and Jauron's butts are on the line this season as a result. Is that good for us fans? Not really as I see it. If the season begins to go awry early, they will, just like Donadope and Mularkey in their last season, will be forced to start making decisions that don't make sense merely in a grasping at straws mode in order to give the perception that this team is moving forward.

E.g., suppose, just suppose that we start off 1-7 or 2-6, a very strong likelihood when you look at the schedule, and suffer "our fair share" of injuries, etc., only a 5-3 or 6-2 second half will salvage this season in that sense, perhaps only the latter. Five of our last eight games are on the road too.

Again, assuming that, does anyone here truly believe that they will be patient at that point? Or would you think that they'll start considering pulling out all the stops?

Furthermore, let's assume for a moment that all that happens and we finish 5-11 again. What will be the league's and pundits' takes on the Bills should we once again finish among the bottom 20-25% of the league in well over 80% of all relevant indicators?

Sure, if everything goes perfectly, including:

No coaching errors by a coach that has made them in the past;
Lynch running for OROY contention;
Puz playing for DROY honors;
Our OL finally coming together for even an "average-plus" line;
At least one of our TEs stepping up to be a significant force in the passing game;
Losman finding his short-medium game;
Our DL and frong-7 finding their run stopping game;
Youboty and McGee both stepping up w/o any major issues in pass coverage;
continued top-shelf STs;
a solid and well above average blocking presence at the HB position;
Numerous of our opponents having far greater injury statuses than we do when we play them (ala '04);
etc.

We might hit 8-8 or 9-7.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 11:11 AM
You many not have been a big fan of that signing, but many here singing Levy's praises like a canary were big fans of it even suggesting that he replace Losman last year at times.

Just pointing out the inconsistencies in positions on the part of some, generally speaking.

Hence, my thread.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
One bad practice and everyone wants to throw the guy under the bus.

He watched Brett Favre for 4 years. He'll be fine.

NALL BALL BABY!

It's been 4 bad practices. I was willing to give him the BOTD after his first day, when he said he had some rust. But after seeing how poorly he did on day 2, and how well JP did after missing day 1, I got the sense that either he's not good enough or is tanking it to get cut or traded.

All of that notwithstanding regarding both posts, this merely demonstrates the fickleness of some fans. Those would be the kool-aid drinkers.

As well, I'm certainly not stating that Nall sucks or will be great and "is ready to emerge." I thought that the signing was OK I suppose, although perhaps a little overpaid in spite of being on the low end of the roster. I wouldn't have made a big deal out of it nor would I have stated that he's "ready to emerge."

Talk means something. We've had big talk by Levy on a lot of things. How 'disruptive" this team would be. Hasn't happened to date unless we talk against teams with poor offenses, novice QBs, or poor coaching.

Big talk about players such as Youboty, McCargo, Tripplett, Fowler, Price, Reyes, Royal, Bowen, etc. You can't just keep talking and never produce what it is you're talking about and redeem any credibility.

We'll find out on more this year. But if players like Langston Walker, Dockery, Lynch, Puz, really that's about all since we've brought on so few players to actually start, don't play as we've been told they will, at some point the failures need to be considered more than the successes, as few and limited as they've been, overpaying for all of them in one form or another. (McCargo for two day-one picks for example, or Tripplett as our highest paid DT ever as another)

That point in time will be the end of the season if as many seem to think here, we are not in fact 10-6 or have shown tremendous improvement in our ability to levy the weight of solid fundamental football on the grid iron this fall.

We will have to wait to see what happens. My predictions lie on both sides in some respects. Fully expect Evans to set at least one, perhaps all three team receiving records for yards, 1,368, TDs, 11, or receptions, 100, this season. On the flip side, I just don't see us winning many games this first eight games, and due to what will happen as a result of that in the planning and strategizing of Levy/Jauron as they begin to fight for any credibility, won't help our last 8 games against easier teams yet counterbalanced by the fact that five of eight will be on the road.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Hence, my thread.

Yeah, I know. Don't assume that I'm arguing with you. ;)

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I know. Don't assume that I'm arguing with you. ;)

I didn't.:hump:

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
;)

The Spaz
07-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Really? Who?

Clearly you mean me, but I don't believe I ever said that. I said he had potential. He was never given a chance to play. Frankly he brought better history to the NFL than Edwards does.

Regardless, this validates Levy's own statements how now?

What, are you saying that Levy, assuming your "suggestion" makes sense, is no better than I am at being a GM?

Either way, it seems to me that most clearly Levy's (and the personnel office's no doubt) assessments were way off given the talk here.

Ya can't have it every way your way on these things. Levy's perpetually a genius regardless of what he does. Takes a crap in the can during camp and someone here is running for a vase.

No matter how long your posts, it's ok to be wrong.

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 12:54 PM
So then we'll have to wait until the end of the season, wys.

BTW, I proposed that bet with you about how many games the Bills will win this year. You basically said that you don't think they'll even win 7. Are you willing to make that bet now?

RedEyE
07-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Side 1) Levy brings him as competition for Losman. That gentle verbal nudge from the GM might have been just enough to get a fire lit in Losman's belly.

B side) And, I'm not about to rip on a guy that has had a few bad practices. Somone please clarify the definition of "practice".