PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to Nall today

socalfan
07-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I asked Nall why he is taking so much off of his throws. He said that in GB he was taught to fire it in there, but here they want to throw before the receivers make their break, so he is intentionally practicing taking it down several notches and throwing before the receiver makes his break. Apparently it is what the coaches are asking him to do.

Andd apparently a bunch of you posters are tards.

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 03:09 PM
My question would be, is this something new for this year? And if so, why are the other QB's (at least JP) not having a problem with it?

socalfan
07-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I presume if JP played a bunch of years in GB in the west coast offense and told to throw the ball like Favre then he would be practicing the same thing here. And last year Nall missed most of camp with an injury so when was he supposed to practice it?

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I presume if JP played a bunch of years in GB in the west coast offense and told to throw the ball like Favre then he would be practicing the same thing here. And last year Nall missed most of camp with an injury so when was he supposed to practice it?

He was so good in Green Bay that they decided not to keep him. Maybe it's not system. Edwards already seems to be doing better.

socalfan
07-28-2007, 03:56 PM
First off, was Edwards brought up in a west coast system? No he wasn't. So he should have had 3 years of throwing something other than darts to receivers.

Is he better. Hell no. He doesn't even know the offense yet. If JP goes down this spring it will be Nall that they use. And if JP misses game time, Nall will be filling in. And when Nall fills in, he will throw the ball however is most efficacious. because he isn'g going to be practicing at that point.

Earthquake Enyart
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM
It does beg the question on why we picked him up if we had to totally change the way he throws the ball.

Carlton Bailey
07-28-2007, 04:04 PM
"Hi, Rich McKay. This is Marv. We've got a shiny, barely used Craig Nall over here, and I know you guys are having some QB problems. How's Craig sound for a first-round pick?"

socalfan
07-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Think about it...

Did they change JP under the Donohoe regime. yeah. Why did they bring him in if they were going to change him?

Did they change JP under the Levy regime. yeah. Why did they keep him if they were going to change him?

Did the Levy regime change Holcomb. yeah. Why did they keep him for a year?

Kind of a pointless questions aren't they?

Every QB that comes into a ball club gets changed. Everytime an offense gets put in, the QB must change.

X-Era
07-28-2007, 04:10 PM
I asked Nall why he is taking so much off of his throws. He said that in GB he was taught to fire it in there, but here they want to throw before the receivers make their break, so he is intentionally practicing taking it down several notches and throwing before the receiver makes his break. Apparently it is what the coaches are asking him to do.

Andd apparently a bunch of you posters are tards.

JP's throwing it in there hard and they are catching it.

Must be Nall has some freakish rocket arm that JP doesnt have so they need to throttle him down. :rolleyes:

or he sucks.

The guy has probably the worst mechanics I have ever seen.

socalfan
07-28-2007, 04:21 PM
No, JP is not throwing it in there hard. If you are at practice you need to pay better attention to detail.

Next, the coaches are asking Nall to practice throwing before the break. Nall is doing that....he is practicing. When they go over the practice film every day, he gets more instructions on technique.

Do you people not know what training camp is for? Nall already knows the offense, he should be practice throws that he wasn't able to practice due to injury last year in training camp. Edwards should not be practicing throws, he should be practicing learning the offense.

Jeez!

X-Era
07-28-2007, 04:40 PM
No, JP is not throwing it in there hard. If you are at practice you need to pay better attention to detail.

Next, the coaches are asking Nall to practice throwing before the break. Nall is doing that....he is practicing. When they go over the practice film every day, he gets more instructions on technique.

Do you people not know what training camp is for? Nall already knows the offense, he should be practice throws that he wasn't able to practice due to injury last year in training camp. Edwards should not be practicing throws, he should be practicing learning the offense.

Jeez!

Dont know who "you people" is. But your about one crack from getting your walker leg kicked out from under you. :lol:

Look, Nall flippin stinks. I think he is god awful. Thats my opinion, dont like it, dont listen.

socalfan
07-28-2007, 04:48 PM
ROFLMAO. "HEY It's my opinion. Don't like it don't listen!" Another person with a winning personality! Thumbs up to you Bro!

X-Era
07-28-2007, 04:51 PM
ROFLMAO. "HEY It's my opinion. Don't like it don't listen!" Another person with a winning personality! Thumbs up to you Bro!

Aint your bro, by the sounds of it, Im more like your great, great, great grandson.

Nall is a dullard with little skill, suddenly your "taste" for him becomes clear.

socalfan
07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Aint your bro, by the sounds of it, Im more like your great, great, great grandson.

Nall is a dullard with little skill, suddenly your "taste" for him becomes clear.

OMG :haha:

Rule number one for the truely challenged....if nothing else seems to work, question their sexual orientation.

Well needless to say, that isn't going to cover up your lack of knowledge any better than your previous posts.

X-Era
07-28-2007, 05:06 PM
OMG :haha:

Rule number one for the truely challenged....if nothing else seems to work, question their sexual orientation.

Well needless to say, that isn't going to cover up your lack of knowledge any better than your previous posts.
Id smoke you any day of the week on football knowledge.

You would probably only smoke me on things that have been long retired.

Old people are fun to watch, kind of like chimps at the zoo.

responses to your Geritol induced rage/OFF

Earthquake Enyart
07-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Easy boys. Holy Grail.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Nall throwing the ball too hard is pretty funny. Maybe you didn't bring your glasses and it wasn't Nall you were talking to.

socalfan
07-28-2007, 06:53 PM
okay, I take it you are an English language learner. Try reading the first post again, don't be afraid to use a dictionary if need be. You'll find practice is helpful.

djjimkelly
07-28-2007, 06:55 PM
sorry misread first post nall is a bum cut him

Stewie
07-29-2007, 08:09 AM
since when does the "west coast offense" direct quarterbacks to throw bullets? I always thought the "west coast" was a timing offense, ie doing things like throwing before the receiver makes his break.

X-Era
07-29-2007, 08:47 AM
since when does the "west coast offense" direct quarterbacks to throw bullets? I always thought the "west coast" was a timing offense, ie doing things like throwing before the receiver makes his break.

Nall cant even manage to throw on time. Seriously, all you need to do is watch the clips from training camp, the receivers are waiting on him, hes back in the pocket for well beyond 3 seconds (sack-ville) often, he throws wimpy

mikemac2001
07-29-2007, 10:50 AM
"Nall Ball" is dead

Earthquake Enyart
07-29-2007, 11:24 AM
NALL BALL IS ALIVE AND WELL. :mad:

RedEyE
07-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Let's allow preseason to decide. With that being said, come September, I predict Nall 3rd string below Edwards.