PDA

View Full Version : day 3 notes from camp

billsburgh
07-28-2007, 05:18 PM
from bb.com http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4994

Receiving game
Lee Evans carried the day receiving for the offense with six receptions. Every cornerback on Buffalo's roster has had difficulty neutralizing him. Even on the plays when Terrence McGee and Jason Webster have played strong coverage Evans more often than not prevails with a reception.

Not far behind him however, was Marshawn Lynch who had five catches. With his receptions split out wide and from out of the backfield and rushing carries Lynch was a busy rookie. His best catch came late in 11-on-11 when he had a big gainer over the middle as J.P. Losman hit him in stride. Sam Aiken and Peerless Price each chipped in with three receptions.

Chris Kelsay and Kyle Williams have been among the most consistent when it comes to getting penetration at the line of scrimmage.

"I know one thing about Chris Kelsay," said head coach Dick Jauron. "You're going to get it all. That's why we wanted him back. He plays with all his heart every Sunday, but every practice day too."

Williams on one play surprised Losman in the backfield forcing the quarterback to roll out of the pocket away from the pursuing nose tackle. Williams actually got to him to tap him (sack) before he released the ball.

Williams also hustled big time on a tight end screen to Robert Royal. Williams was in the middle of the field and as the pass was thrown raced down the line and would've made the tackle if it were live football as he was the first to lay a hand on Royal.

Night Train
07-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm hoping Williams keeps taking strides forward. Last year he was pushed around on running plays and couldn't anchor. We need him and McCargo to show something at the 1 gap. One of the biggest keys to this camp, without a doubt.

billsburgh
07-28-2007, 05:33 PM
hasn't McCargo been playing the 3 technique replacing Tripplet? I thought that I've read a few times now that he as been getting some 1st team reps in Tripplet's spot.

patmoran2006
07-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping Williams keeps taking strides forward. Last year he was pushed around on running plays and couldn't anchor. We need him and McCargo to show something at the 1 gap. One of the biggest keys to this camp, without a doubt.
I think its the single biggest key to their camp-- having Williams and/or McCargo really emerge.

billsburgh
07-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I think its the single biggest key to their camp-- having Williams and/or McCargo really emerge.
that will go a long way in improving the dreadful run D of last year. I'm confident (hoping) that they both will.

raphael120
07-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah Williams plays the one gap, he plays next to Triplett/McCargo. Everyones favorite bum, Tim Anderson, backs up Williams.

billsburgh
07-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah Williams plays the one gap, he plays next to Triplett/McCargo. Everyones favorite bum, Tim Anderson, backs up Williams.
not for long. Jason Jefferson has been getting more 2nd team reps in Anderson's spot.

Earthquake Enyart
07-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I have a man crush on Kyle Williams.

justasportsfan
07-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Paging OP. We need you to tell us who's lying when coaches and players speak.

HHURRICANE
07-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Man i hate Denney. Sore foot?! What a puss.

justasportsfan
07-28-2007, 06:34 PM
DiG almost had another int? wow. Oh wait, he sucks.

billsburgh
07-28-2007, 06:59 PM
DiG almost had another int? wow. Oh wait, he sucks.
what does that say about our qb's? they must really suck if DiG and Ellison are getting ints. this team is getting worse with each practice.

justasportsfan
07-28-2007, 07:01 PM
what does that say about our qb's? they must really suck if DiG and Ellison are getting ints. this team is getting worse with each practice.I agree. Let's pack it up. Jp blows as much as Kelsay , Royals and reed. They've been in the league for years

Goobylal
07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
what does that say about our qb's? they must really suck if DiG and Ellison are getting ints. this team is getting worse with each practice.
:roflmao: