PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic about 2007!!

HHURRICANE
07-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Since Draz got his thread pulled from 2005 I've decided to set myself up for 2009 with my thread for this year:

1) I think the Bills will be an improved team. I also think they can win 9 games. With the schedule they have winning 9 games should be pretty impressive.

2) I believe that our O-line will be an elite group this year. The only thing that may hurt them stats wise is that JP will still take sacks that he shouldn't.

3) Lynch will be rookie of the year. The coaches and teammates already see the speed and hands.

4) The offense should be in top 15 this year.

5) My premise for the D earlier this year was that with a healthy McCargo, Hargrove having a full camp to learn the system, the emergence of Simpson and Whitner (after both having great rookie years), and a faster LB group, and yes Darwin Walker, that we would be able to be improved over last year. I think we will be improved but not by much. Expect 2008 as the year when we fully complete the rebuilding process through FA and the draft to specifically finish the D.

6) Special teams should be as good or better than last year. Langston Walker should get a couple of blocked kicks.

I think the Bills will shock alot of teams this year. The Bills get bad press and finished 7-9 largely because we sacrificed the first 7 games developing JP behind the pocket. Smart move that cost us games that the media and other teams just don't account for. This team plays alot of high profile teams and will beat some of them which instantly raises our credibility. I'm psyched.

9 wins. You heard it here first.

Yasgur's Farm
07-30-2007, 05:54 AM
I like it ! That's exactly why you play the games.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Now that we didn't sign Darwin Walker can I go 8-8?!:couch:

X-Era
07-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Now that we didn't sign Darwin Walker can I go 8-8?!:couch:

I player does not a team make.

I see no reason that Tripplett/Williams/McCargo/Hargrove isnt all we need.

Hargrove wasnt here half the year, McCargo missed most of the year, meaning we got stuck with Tim Anderson.

They are finally all together and I think we will be just fine.

Lets not forget that losing the tackling smurf (Fletch) but upgrading in size (Poz) makes the DT's jobs easier.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2007, 07:02 AM
I player does not a team make.

I see no reason that Tripplett/Williams/McCargo/Hargrove isnt all we need.

Hargrove wasnt here half the year, McCargo missed most of the year, meaning we got stuck with Tim Anderson.

They are finally all together and I think we will be just fine.

Lets not forget that losing the tackling smurf (Fletch) but upgrading in size (Poz) makes the DT's jobs easier.

Hargrove is a hybrid and actually plays better at the end. He really does count as a DT other than special situations.

I watched Tripplett carefully on video and he and Williams both played better than people realize around here. Fletcher did suck so I'm okay there.

However, Anderson and Jefferson both suck. I'm trying to break this to you gently but one of them is going to be a starter because we don't have enough DTs.

My daughter is a pretty awesome athlete. There are games where her team plays better when the sucky players don't show up. Anderson on the field makes us worse.

ddaryl
07-30-2007, 08:15 AM
1) I'm still thinking 7-9, anything over that is a plus for tis young team and question mark D

2) I'm not worried about JP at all or the O.

3) Lynch has a shot because we will use him quite a bit.

4) The offense should be in top 10 this year. Heck I think they can be top 5

5) no arguments here. D and injuries are my only concern this season.

6) agreed

7-9 with anything above 7 wins exceeding expectation. I am looking for consistency and a team that shows those signs of getting better.