• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Why are some people on here...

so quick to criticize Ellison - I went back and watched a bunch (VS. Houston, Jville, Miami at home and NY Jets on the road) of the Billszone highlight vids made by JJamez - and the games he played in, he had a tendency to make a lot of plays, be around the ball a lot, along with finishing off tackles when other players who made first contact may not have stopped the ball carrier - so what if he is "undersized" look at Zach Thomas - hate him as much as I do, the guy was a good LBer in his day - though he isn't what he used to be now.

Honestly, I would not be nervous if he ended up starting.

If he were to sit bench, that means our depth at LB is better than what some people are whining about.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Re: Why are some people on here...

As i've been saying all off-season. Whenever Ellison played for Spikes last year, which was a lot, there was absolutely no drop off at all.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I thought he did very well for a rookie. I'm content with him starting
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i have no problem with ellison either.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

Cuz he ain't no london fletcher-baker-candlestick maker and he isn't named TKO and I have a vested interest in those two because I owned their jerseys and I don't like Marv because he got rid of McNugget and and I am of below average intelligence. Seriously, last year LB was the most competent part of our D and I expect that to carry over into this year.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
            • Aug 2005

I am really convinced Ellison is going to be very solid. He is a lot faster than people think. He flys to the ball all the time. He just is really solid overall.
            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Some people have been saying ellison will be a solid starter since last season.

Others dont like him because he was a 6th rounder.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                so quick to criticize Ellison - I went back and watched a bunch (VS. Houston, Jville, Miami at home and NY Jets on the road) of the Billszone highlight vids made by JJamez - and the games he played in, he had a tendency to make a lot of plays, be around the ball a lot, along with finishing off tackles when other players who made first contact may not have stopped the ball carrier - so what if he is "undersized" look at Zach Thomas - hate him as much as I do, the guy was a good LBer in his day - though he isn't what he used to be now.

If he were to sit bench, that means our depth at LB is better than what some people are whining about.

calm down Husky.let's not overreact.go get you an 18 inch sandwich or something.ellison will be fine.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Originally posted by ublinkwescore

Yeah, and Miami, Houston, and Jax had such tremendous showings in the playoffs too.

Nevertheless, the Jets game in which you said he made a lot of plays in if I read the above correctly, and as the only decently balanced offensive team that the Bills played that Ellison logged any significant stats in. So let's take a look at what kind of an impact he made via his tackles.

1st: Assisted tackle w/ Spikes, Cedric Houston on a gain of 5
                  2nd: Assisted w/ Wire on a Houston gain of 7
                  3rd: Miller 33 yard KO Return
                  4th: Pennington 4-yard scramble
                  5th: Assisted with Fletcher, Houston for 6 yards
                  6th: Assisted with Anderson, Houston for no gain
                  7th: Leon Washington, 4 yard pass play
                  8th: Assisted w/ Youboty, TE Baker on a 10 yard pass play
                  9th: 4 yard pass play to Washington

Sometimes perceptions lag reality. Nevertheless, what is it about that play that suggests that Ellison is anything other than a LB worthy of concern?

After the 33 yard KO return, his involvement in tackles allowed an average of 5.0 yards per play. For a member of the secondary that might work, but not for a member of the front 7. There isn't one play for a loss in there.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    Yeah, and Miami, Houston, and Jax had such tremendous showings in the playoffs too.

Nevertheless, the Jets game in which you said he made a lot of plays in if I read the above correctly, and as the only decently balanced offensive team that the Bills played that Ellison logged any significant stats in. So let's take a look at what kind of an impact he made via his tackles.

1st: Assisted tackle w/ Spikes, Cedric Houston on a gain of 5
                    2nd: Assisted w/ Wire on a Houston gain of 7
                    3rd: Miller 33 yard KO Return
                    4th: Pennington 4-yard scramble
                    5th: Assisted with Fletcher, Houston for 6 yards
                    6th: Assisted with Anderson, Houston for no gain
                    7th: Leon Washington, 4 yard pass play
                    8th: Assisted w/ Youboty, TE Baker on a 10 yard pass play
                    9th: 4 yard pass play to Washington

Sometimes perceptions lag reality. Nevertheless, what is it about that play that suggests that Ellison is anything other than a LB worthy of concern?

After the 33 yard KO return, his involvement in tackles allowed an average of 5.0 yards per play. For a member of the secondary that might work, but not for a member of the front 7. There isn't one play for a loss in there.

which play do we take out to make him look worse?
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

edited for tos

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

If Poz starts in the middle would DiGorgio then battle for OLB with Ellison or would he just be a backup? Cause the way their talking about DiGio seems like hes starting fer sure.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          If Poz starts in the middle would DiGorgio then battle for OLB with Ellison or would he just be a backup? Cause the way their talking about DiGio seems like hes starting fer sure.
                          Which would be a good thing.

Especially since we would have great depth in Ellison should DiG go down - provided Ellison would end up being #2 on the depth chart on DiG's side.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            • Sep 2002

Where the hell is Op at with his lame @$$ *****ery about how he only started because we were that weak on D?

I'm sorry, but playmakers make plays regardless - and Ellison made plays - I can see him winding up as a fulltime starter some time in the next two seasons - hopefully because he plays his way onto the field, not through injury.

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                              Some people have been saying ellison will be a solid starter since last season.

Others dont like him because he was a 6th rounder.
                              Fletcher was a UDFA for Rams and did pretty well. I'd like to hear Mikey's report and see how much a year of professional development has done for him.

My biggest concern is not one LB but the set - we do not appear to have a set suitable for 3rd/4th and short situations - some times having the mass makes all of the difference but perhaps in those situations they will put 5 linemen in there and have one or two stand up. Denney has the speed to cover as a LB in the short range area.

Comment

Working...
                              X