PDA

View Full Version : Bills trade Darwin Walker to Bears!

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Can't believe no one posted this yet. For an undisclosed draft pick, but at least a 5th rounder I'm sure.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4995

Michael82
07-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Choosing to turn a stalemate situation into a positive, the Bills traded disgruntled defensive tackle Darwin Walker to the Chicago Bears in exchange for an undisclosed draft choice Sunday.

Walker came to the Bills in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles along with a seventh-round draft choice in exchange for quarterback Kelly Holcomb and linebacker Takeo Spikes this past spring.

Since the time of the trade Walker had demanded a renegotiation of his contract that still had two years remaining, feeling that it no longer reflected his proper market value. Buffalo tried to reach an accord through several means, and the lines of communication remained open throughout this past week.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4995

rschepise
07-29-2007, 02:17 PM
This is F###ing great. We just traded Darwin Walker to the Bears for an undisclosed draft pick in 2008. Our interior defense is going to get killed this year. We better make a move at DT or we are screwed. I'm not crazy about the lack of depth at LB either.

Michael82
07-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm, the only way for Buffalo to do the trade is if they get a pick that is better than a 6th rounder. Maybe it's a conditional pick that will upgrade depending on how he does. If not, I'll be happy with a 4th or 5th rounder. :up:

Night Train
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I hope we can still add someone at DT.. or hope Williams or McCargo sudddenly morph into Godzilla.

DraftBoy
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Well Im not happy we lost Darwin bc I think he was a big peice but if we got say a 4th rounder out of it, Id be happy.

Michael82
07-29-2007, 02:25 PM
It's a 5th rounder. :::

The Chicago Bears, for weeks looking for extra help in the middle of their defensive line, traded a fifth-round pick to the Buffalo Bills for disgruntled defensive tackle Darwin Walker.

Walker, who was traded from the Eagles to the Bills in the Takeo Spikes deal, failed to report to the Bills and would have gone back to the Eagles had he not shown up by Aug. 5. Walker wanted a new contract from the Bills, but they weren't willing to satisfy his desire.

The Bears have been looking for defensive line help since losing Tank Johnson, Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone since last season. They had been monitoring the Walker situation for weeks, and he is a definite fit for their defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2953545

Tatonka
07-29-2007, 02:32 PM
i think they may still make a move for a DT via trade.

has anyone noticed that kyle williams name has been mentioned in every camp report though?

DraftBoy
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
i think they may still make a move for a DT via trade.

has anyone noticed that kyle williams name has been mentioned in every camp report though?

Werent you also one of the ones who said not to worry about JP not practicing in camp bc the first few days didnt really matter? Ill wait to hear how he's doing when the pads go on.

Philagape
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
So long Darwin you greedy POS

streetkings01
07-29-2007, 02:51 PM
All I know is our run defense was ranked #28 and the Eagles was ranked #26, I think McCargo can at least help us improve by 2 spots and 4.5 yards per game! So in a nut shell......screw Darwin Walker!

Mr. Miyagi
07-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Well Im not happy we lost Darwin bc I think he was a big peice but if we got say a 4th rounder out of it, Id be happy.
We never had the guy, so there's no way to lose him.

5th is better than 6th that's for sure.

Way to negotiate Marv and co!

streetkings01
07-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I always thought the Bears were known for low balling their players....so why would they give Walker a big contract?

Mr. Miyagi
07-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I always thought the Bears were known for low balling their players....so why would they give Walker a big contract?
They haven't yet, have they?

They just inherited our problem. Now we can join Philly and laugh.

Illmatic15
07-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Bring in the Tank at DT!

gr8slayer
07-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Screw Walker, he sucked anyway. Like I've been saying all along, I'd rather have the draft pick.

Generalissimus Gibby
07-29-2007, 03:13 PM
so we got 10 draft picks for next season which hopefully, if skillfully executed, means a deep draft as we stock up impact players for years to come and possibly a few trades to either get

1) Experienced veterans
2) Higher Draft Picks

raphael120
07-29-2007, 03:14 PM
So we get a 5th and 7th for Spikes and Holcomb.

I'll take it. Even thought I think Spikes it worth more than a 5th, but i'm biased. He was my favorite modern Bill.

Generalissimus Gibby
07-29-2007, 03:17 PM
So we get a 5th and 7th for Spikes and Holcomb.

I'll take it. Even thought I think Spikes it worth more than a 5th, but i'm biased. He was my favorite modern Bill.

Yeah a healthy TKO was a force, but I really don't think he will ever be quite the same as he was before his injury. Kinda like Cowart after 2000. I wish TKO nothing but success.

Tatonka
07-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Werent you also one of the ones who said not to worry about JP not practicing in camp bc the first few days didnt really matter? Ill wait to hear how he's doing when the pads go on.

no, actually.. i wasnt.. i never commented on the whole situation at all and it was over in less than 24 hours, so there was really no reason to bring it up after that.\

but thanks anyway.

i was simply pointing out that maybe the bills feel a little better about letting walker go because they like what they have seen from last years 2 draft picks.. sorry though, i didnt mean to **** in your cheerios.

ddaryl
07-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Marv has done great with day 2 picks,

I forsee the Bills using some of those extra picks to trade up some next year.

Patti120
07-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Lets all hope that McCargo/tripplett and Williams all step way up this year. I doubt we will make any sort of a move for a DT at this point.

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Lets all hope that McCargo/tripplett and Williams all step way up this year. I doubt we will make any sort of a move for a DT at this point.
You never know. There could be some training camp cuts (after the 1st cutdowns) that might be worth looking at.

FlyingDutchman
07-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Gotta give Marv credit for getting value for a guy who in a week would have been shipped back to his old team and probably released anyways.

TigerJ
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not expecting greatness from the Bills' defensive line, but I'm expecting at least modest improvement from last year just from having a healthy McCargo and a second year Williams versus a rookie Williams. There could be slight improvement from a beefed up Jefferson. Reports out of camp haven't encouraged me that Anderson will be any better though.

Mahdi
07-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Are we going to get a compensatory pick in the next draft for losing Fletcher, Clements and Gandy?

SABURZFAN
07-29-2007, 03:59 PM
thank you for getting rid of him.the guy hasn't even played one snap in buffalo and became a headache.good riddance....... :bigwave:

mayotm
07-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I think more than anything, this trade shows the FO and coaching staff are comfortable with McCargo's health.

Wys Guy
07-29-2007, 04:08 PM
This is F###ing great. We just traded Darwin Walker to the Bears for an undisclosed draft pick in 2008. Our interior defense is going to get killed this year. We better make a move at DT or we are screwed. I'm not crazy about the lack of depth at LB either.

Lack of depth? LOL

We have a grand total of 30 starts worth of experience in our starters. 80% of that is w/ Crowell and he's no Lance Briggs.

IMO size is going to be our biggest weakness this year on top of a lack of talent in our front-7.

Wys Guy
07-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Are we going to get a compensatory pick in the next draft for losing Fletcher, Clements and Gandy?

I'm not sure, but don't compensatory picks only come from players that you drafted?

Wys Guy
07-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Gotta give Marv credit for getting value for a guy who in a week would have been shipped back to his old team and probably released anyways.

The best player in the lot involved was Spikes. The bottom line is that we traded Spikes for a 5th rounder, and likely a late 5th rounder somewhere around the 160th player taken.

mayotm
07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
The best player in the lot involved was Spikes. The bottom line is that we traded Spikes for a 5th rounder, and likely a late 5th rounder somewhere around the 160th player taken.Spikes of last year wasn't worth much more than a 5th round pick. Now, if he comes back this year close to his pre-injury form, the trade was a huge mistake.

gil
07-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I think we're just going to have to live with a lackluster D-Line this year unless McCargo becomes a stud. Hopefully, with an improved offense we can keep our D off the field a bit more to compensate a bit.

If they don't make DT one of our top priorities in the next draft/FA period it will be a bit crazy.

hammerbillsfan
07-29-2007, 04:24 PM
just talked to Op and told him the news, he is livid! :fit:

The Spaz
07-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure, but don't compensatory picks only come from players that you drafted?

Umm no.

SABURZFAN
07-29-2007, 04:34 PM
just talked to Op and told him the news, he is livid! :fit:

:rofl:

hammerbillsfan
07-29-2007, 04:45 PM
:rofl:

the day is not going good

we tried to go to skins camp but they canned it cause it was raining and lightning
now this!

:snicker:

HHURRICANE
07-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Does this mean we got a 5th and a 6th for Spikes? A 6th from Philly and a 5th from Chicago?

Philagape
07-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I just read in the AP story that Levy said the draft pick the Bills receive will depend on Walker's playing time in Chicago this season.

FlyingDutchman
07-29-2007, 05:12 PM
IMO size is going to be our biggest weakness this year on top of a lack of talent in our front-7.

DING DING DING...what do we have for him Johnny?! I dunno if you know this but the whole theme of cover two is to go away from size in favor of speed

FlyingDutchman
07-29-2007, 05:15 PM
The bottom line is that we traded Spikes for a 5th rounder, and likely a late 5th rounder somewhere around the 160th player taken.

yes im aware of what that means, whats your point.....

HHURRICANE
07-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Does this mean we got a 5th and a 6th for Spikes? A 6th from Philly and a 5th from Chicago?

Answers please before the debate can rage on!!!

SquishDaFish
07-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I dont think so. I believe we got a 7th from Phily and a 5th fromChicago.

ublinkwescore
07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Lack of depth? LOL

We have a grand total of 30 starts worth of experience in our starters. 80% of that is w/ Crowell and he's no Lance Briggs.

He will be better than Briggs if Posluszny turns into the next Urlacher.

ublinkwescore
07-29-2007, 05:34 PM

I wonder if Marv would have considered mentioning that to Darwin in an attempt to get him sent back to Philadelphia, let him get cut, and then get both Walker and the draft pick?

Mahdi
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Lack of depth? LOL

The Bears biggest D-lineman last year was Ian Scott at 302. McCargo is 307-310. On top of that, it was mainly Harris and Scott on the field for them and they are both smaller than McCargo. In fact Harris is 295.

Mahdi
07-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I would have preferred that something get worked out with Walker, but if McCargo can be a force this year, him along with Trips and Williams should be fine. Would be nice if Anderson came along too, he did show flashes last year but thats about it.

djjimkelly
07-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I hope we can still add someone at DT.. or hope Williams or McCargo sudddenly morph into Godzilla.

someone is gonna get cut somewhere in the league that could help us at DT i promise u that. look at a team like denver with all DT's and DE's they have in camp they cant keep them all.

djjimkelly
07-29-2007, 05:53 PM

no it doesnt only way we would have gotten a 6th would have been if walker reverted back to the eagles.

just whatever we got from chicago

Philagape
07-29-2007, 05:54 PM
someone is gonna get cut somewhere in the league that could help us at DT i promise u that. look at a team like denver with all DT's and DE's they have in camp they cant keep them all.

OK, as long as you promise ....

djjimkelly
07-29-2007, 05:56 PM
OK, as long as you promise ....

lol

Nighthawk
07-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I say that this makes this organization look pretty stupid. We have one of the worst DT rotations in the league, but we wouldn't keep a guy who could help? Am I missing something here?

FlyingDutchman
07-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Screw Darwin. Was all that I cant wait to play for Buffalo just a front?....

"Darwin's old deal is gone. The new deal will be talked about tomorrow," Irby said. "We'll take a one-year deal. We'll do whatever it takes. We're not going to hold out."
The Bills offered Walker a one-year contract, but for the same money he was scheduled to make this season. The offer, however, was immediately rejected.

Mitchy moo
07-29-2007, 06:20 PM
If Walker was going to be a headache and we could see that why would we want him. We moved up to a better spot and have a chance for something versus a potential problem. Philly didn't let him go because he was invalauble, he had some issues and we sent them to chicago.

:check: Let's hope the Bears have a 0-16 season and makeit like a 4th rounder for us!

Philagape
07-29-2007, 06:47 PM

"Darwin's old deal is gone. The new deal will be talked about tomorrow," Irby said. "We'll take a one-year deal. We'll do whatever it takes. We're not going to hold out."
The Bills offered Walker a one-year contract, but for the same money he was scheduled to make this season. The offer, however, was immediately rejected.

:mad: POS turd

Don't Panic
07-29-2007, 07:13 PM
The guy is better off gone. This situation had cancer written all over it. Compensation for Spikes is the only topic worth discussing, and I'm still a little upset that all we got was a 5th for him (if you consider the 7th for Holcomb, who might as well have been cut), but I'm not overly worried about the LB situation. McCargo makes this whole thing an afterthought if he has a good season. Let's hope he does...

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I say that this makes this organization look pretty stupid. We have one of the worst DT rotations in the league, but we wouldn't keep a guy who could help? Am I missing something here?
Yes.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 08:45 PM
we got a 5th rounder for Takeo Spikes and had to put up with all this Walker nonsense. The FO really blew this situation from the start.

PECKERWOOD
07-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Teams are built with the second day draft picks. Good job, Marv! :up:

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 08:52 PM
we got a 5th rounder for Takeo Spikes and had to put up with all this Walker nonsense. The FO really blew this situation from the start.
If there was any nonsense, or really any nonsense that truly bothered you, you need help. In the end, the Bills got a 5th and 7th next year for Spikes, which could conditionally become a 4th and 6th. That's hardly "blowing the situation" when it comes to trading a disgruntled player who's on the wrong side of 30 and is coming off a major injury that left him a lesser player.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 09:15 PM
If there was any nonsense, or really any nonsense that truly bothered you, you need help. In the end, the Bills got a 5th and 7th next year for Spikes, which could conditionally become a 4th and 6th. That's hardly "blowing the situation" when it comes to trading a disgruntled player who's on the wrong side of 30 and is coming off a major injury that left him a lesser player.

Ok, let's back up.

First, trading Spikes was a dumb idea in the first place because we need LB's desperately and we have tons of cap space.

Second, they traded him for a guy that was knowingly disgruntled without agreeing to a contract in principle first. That was mistake #2. Everyone says "well Spikes didn't want to be here"- well guess what? Neither did Walker so they didn't exactly solve that problem.

Third, they gave themselves a SELF IMPOSED DEADLINE to get a deal done with a disgruntled player. This is mistake #3 and stupidity that is unprecedented in the NFL.

Fourth, if you look above- they offered him the SAME salary- that's an insult to a guy who's already unhappy with his contract. This is mistake #4 and certainly isn't going to encourage anyone to play in Buffalo.

End result: we get a couple of crap draft picks next year, got no DL help, we have no depth at LB, and the way the situation was handled certainly isn't going to help recruit future FA's to Buffalo. And that doesn't bother you at all? Do you want this team to win or not?

DynaPaul
07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Bye bye Walker! I don't think he's gonna get much more money in Chicago than what we were offering. Plus if he stinks up the joint he's going to look like a real jackass for trying to pimp football teams without having the skills to back it up. I'm glad this problem just moved to the midwest.

ParanoidAndroid
07-29-2007, 09:34 PM
10 picks next year = moves to get the players we want

Keep 'em comin'!

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Ok, let's back up.

First, trading Spikes was a dumb idea in the first place because we need LB's desperately and we have tons of cap space.

Second, they traded him for a guy that was knowingly disgruntled without agreeing to a contract in principle first. That was mistake #2. Everyone says "well Spikes didn't want to be here"- well guess what? Neither did Walker so they didn't exactly solve that problem.

Third, they gave themselves a SELF IMPOSED DEADLINE to get a deal done with a disgruntled player. This is mistake #3 and stupidity that is unprecedented in the NFL.

Fourth, if you look above- they offered him the SAME salary- that's an insult to a guy who's already unhappy with his contract. This is mistake #4 and certainly isn't going to encourage anyone to play in Buffalo.

End result: we get a couple of crap draft picks next year, got no DL help, we have no depth at LB, and the way the situation was handled certainly isn't going to help recruit future FA's to Buffalo. And that doesn't bother you at all? Do you want this team to win or not?
Okay, so we agree that Spikes AND Walker didn't want to be here. In essence, the net of the trade was trading Spikes, who they were going to get rid of anyway, for what likely will be a 4th and 6th rounder next year (maybe more, no one knows). Walker was basically along for the ride, but played the important role of getting more for Spikes than trading Spikes alone would have done. The self-imposed deadline was immaterial when all was said and done because Walker likely would have continued to hold out until the Bills traded him anyway. And I don't have a problem with the Bills "insulting" Walker after he refused to even show up to OTA's. Again, we now know where he wanted to be.

As for trading Spikes being a "dumb move," sorry but over-30 LB's coming off Achilles injuries don't magically get better. Hence the main reason the Bills traded him. And they're not as hurting at LB as you think, since they didn't replace him with anyone in FA or the draft.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay, so we agree that Spikes AND Walker didn't want to be here. In essence, the net of the trade was trading Spikes, who they were going to get rid of anyway, for what likely will be a 4th and 6th rounder next year (maybe more, no one knows). Walker was basically along for the ride, but played the important role of getting more for Spikes than trading Spikes alone would have done. The self-imposed deadline was immaterial when all was said and done because Walker likely would have continued to hold out until the Bills traded him anyway. And I don't have a problem with the Bills "insulting" Walker after he refused to even show up to OTA's. Again, we now know where he wanted to be.

As for trading Spikes being a "dumb move," sorry but over-30 LB's coming off Achilles injuries don't magically get better. Hence the main reason the Bills traded him. And they're not as hurting at LB as you think, since they didn't replace him with anyone in FA or the draft.

um, simply because they didn't address the LB situation does NOT prove that the situation is stable. They didn't address our DL this off season either and we know that position isn't stable. Same goes for TE and #2 WR.

And no name 2nd year players don't magically get better either. Spikes was coming off an INJURY that takes two years to recover from. There is at least a fair chance that he'll improve over his play last year.

BTW the fact that Spikes didn't want to be here is a problem in and of itself. Why is the FO alienating players?

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Again I disagree with you on LB, TE, and #2 WR. I think the Bills are happy with who they have. Now of course, everyone would like a Pro Bowler at every position, but you have to be realistic.

If ANY place, I think they're not totally happy at CB, but they did bring in Jason Webster.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Again I disagree with you on LB, TE, and #2 WR. I think the Bills are happy with who they have. Now of course, everyone would like a Pro Bowler at every position, but you have to be realistic.

pro bowler? Not necessarily. Better than Everrett, Royal, Reed, Price? Definitely. Mediocre players get mediocre results.

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Then why wouldn't the Bills have signed a WR? It's not like they didn't have the money. Same goes for TE. Because they intentionally wanted to keep mediocrity?

Philagape
07-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Then why wouldn't the Bills have signed a WR? It's not like they didn't have the money. Same goes for TE. Because they intentionally wanted to keep mediocrity?

cash to cap

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM

what he said.

It's only possible to address so many positions at a time, especially with cash to cap.

But if you want to continue to believe that guys like Price or Reed will suddenly get better after years of mediocrity, go right ahead. Why is it that Spikes can't magically get better but Reed, Price and Royal can? Like I said before: doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

HAMMER
07-29-2007, 10:30 PM
what he said.

It's only possible to address so many positions at a time, especially with cash to cap.

But if you want to continue to believe that guys like Price or Reed will suddenly get better after years of mediocrity, go right ahead. Why is it that Spikes can't magically get better but Reed, Price and Royal can? Like I said before: doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Sort of like your incessant *****ing?

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
cash to cap
The Bills are WELL below even their cash to cap policy, much less the true salary cap.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Sort of like your incessant *****ing?

no- my *****ing always gets the results I want. It makes me feel better and makes you homers think about the things you are trying to ignore.

Goobylal
07-29-2007, 10:39 PM
what he said.

Neither Price nor Reed are coming off devastating injuries like Spikes had PLUS over 30. Price is over 30 and I realize he won't suddenly recreate his 2002 season, but I do expect him to be better in his 2nd year in the system, and the same goes for Reed, who is still young. If Spikes hadn't suffered the Achilles injury, we wouldn't be having the convo because he'd still be on the team.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Neither Price nor Reed are coming off devastating injuries like Spikes had PLUS over 30. Price is over 30 and I realize he won't suddenly recreate his 2002 season, but I do expect him to be better in his 2nd year in the system, and the same goes for Reed, who is still young. If Spikes hadn't suffered the Achilles injury, we wouldn't be having the convo because he'd still be on the team.

when Spikes was still on the team, the general consensus on here seemed to be that he could recover. Now that he's not on the team, it's a devastating injury.... hmmmmm.....

Reed and Price have never impressed me. Neither has ever lived up to their potential. I just don't see one year in the system suddenly making them that much better. Reed had two years in Gilbride's system and two years in Mularkey's system without ever getting any better.

raphael120
07-29-2007, 10:43 PM
You do have to admit this:

This was the most round-about-half assed trade I've seen all season long, second to the crap they did with Culpepper in Miami, but that's Miami for ya.

The logistics of it is crazy. You pretty much had a 3-way trade to get rid of Spikes and Holcomb. And the effects of snubbin Walker is yet to be seen. IF we do well with the players we have and give nice extentions to the right players after this year is done, then I think we'll be fine.

I'd rather throw out the big money to Langston and Dockery than some guy whose claim to fame was sacking Bledsoe 3 times in one game. For better or worse, it's best we give McCargo a shot at making a difference, we've spent PLENTY enough picks AND money at the DT position to add Darwin to that mess. It's time to see if Triplett/Williams/McCargo can get it done this year at the position. If we're bottom of the league in stopping the run again, it's fair to say that Marv screwed the pooch majorly when it comes down to shoring up the D-line.

OpIv37
07-29-2007, 10:45 PM
You do have to admit this:

This was the most round-about-half assed trade I've seen all season long, second to the crap they did with Culpepper in Miami, but that's Miami for ya.

The logistics of it is crazy. You pretty much had a 3-way trade to get rid of Spikes and Holcomb. And the effects of snubbin Walker is yet to be seen. IF we do well with the players we have and give nice extentions to the right players after this year is done, then I think we'll be fine.

I'd rather throw out the big money to Langston and Dockery than some guy whose claim to fame was sacking Bledsoe 3 times in one game. For better or worse, it's best we give McCargo a shot at making a difference, we've spent PLENTY enough picks AND money at the DT position to add Darwin to that mess. It's time to see if Triplett/Williams/McCargo can get it done this year at the position. If we're bottom of the league in stopping the run again, it's fair to say that Marv screwed the pooch majorly when it comes down to shoring up the D-line.

We need a 4th in that rotation and I'd much rather have that 4th be Darwin Walker than Tim Anderson or Jason Jefferson. Too late now...

Walker certainly has his flaws but he would have been an improvement at a spot where we desperately need improvement.

PECKERWOOD
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM

Maybe you need the help if his opinion bothers you so much. :D

Philagape
07-29-2007, 11:40 PM
The Bills are WELL below even their cash to cap policy, much less the true salary cap.

According to Clump's page, the Bills had a little over $19 million to spend under cash-to-cap before signing any rookies or Webster (after subtracting Walker). The guaranteed money for Lynch and Poz adds up to $12.75 million. Add their base salaries plus the other rookies, and we don't have much wiggle room. A gap should be left to be prepared for anyone we need to pick up due to injuries.

raphael120
07-29-2007, 11:49 PM
If I have a choice of signing Darwin Walker to a big contract, whom its questionable he will be any better than McCargo or Williams at this point, or locking up Evans and *insert other worthwhile player to lock up long term here*, i'll take the latter of the two. Sure it would be nice to have 4 quality DT's, but no team really has 4 DT's that are awesome, mostly it's 2, even 3.

This goes into what Wys was talking about the other day, let's buy 3 mediocre cars that do their respective things well, when we couldve have dropped the big cash on an awesome car that did everything. Darwin is a beat up '93 Honda civic that has it's flashy mods (stat filling sacks against subpar QBs) but still is a piece of crap.

Romes
07-30-2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%

In that video on BB.com levy doesn't say what the draft pick is but he does admit there is a condition that if Walker plays a certain amount of games the pick get better. If the Bills do end up getting a fourth rounder out of this I'd be happy.

If that link doesn't work go here then click on the levy video

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.html

Michael82
07-30-2007, 12:32 AM

What a load of ****! :mad:

Michael82
07-30-2007, 12:35 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%

In that video on BB.com levy doesn't say what the draft pick is but he does admit there is a condition that if Walker plays a certain amount of games the pick get better. If the Bills do end up getting a fourth rounder out of this I'd be happy.

If that link doesn't work go here then click on the levy video

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.html
I was hoping it was a conditional. That is a lot better.... :phew:

Maybe it will upgrade to a 3rd.... :pray:

jmb1099
07-30-2007, 12:49 AM
1) Just because a few players don't want to play here doesn't automatically mean the FO is treating them poorly. Spikes was mad his buddies were let go instead of cashing in large contracts here. With this in mind he knew he wouldn't be able to cash in either so he wanted to go somewhere he had the potential to make more money. I suppose we could have kept him, then I suppose he could have refused to play. He might have recovered, but then again , statistically speaking it wasn't likely. You play the odds, its the best you can do.
2) Marv isn't perfect, the Walker thing obviously didn't go according to plan. However, he did manage to salvage a mess and get something out of it.
3) The LB corps was addressed with our second draft pic.
4) This is not even close to the worst GM blunder this year, that honor goes to the GM of the Falcons who traded away the QB they should have kept and now have no one worth mentioning to play the most important position on the team. Then you have the Culpepper thing, the Ginn thing,...

BADTHINGSMAN
07-30-2007, 12:58 AM
I was hoping it was a conditional. That is a lot better.... :phew:

Maybe it will upgrade to a 3rd.... :pray:

That would be awesome.. :up:

mikemac2001
07-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Walker was never gonna sign we changed that 6th to a 5th and maybe better...stop ****ing *****ing about it...who cares about spikes he was hurt and its our past now...i loved the guy but *****ing about every move the team makes is annoying. YES it has positives and negatives THATS LIFE....everything cant be perfect atleast marv made the bad situation better

HHURRICANE
07-30-2007, 06:47 AM
no it doesnt only way we would have gotten a 6th would have been if walker reverted back to the eagles.

just whatever we got from chicago

I'm an idiot. Thanks.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Okay, let me just say that if Indy signs Walker to a one year deal than our FO should be taken out back and beaten to a pulp.

A one year deal wouldn't have hurt us at all.

I'm still waiting for the explanation on why we guaranteed that we wouldn't franchise Clements. We got him into camp so we could go 7-9?! I would rather he sat and traded him. We would have got something in the 2nd round for him for sure.

Michael82
07-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Okay, let me just say that if Indy signs Walker to a one year deal than our FO should be taken out back and beaten to a pulp.

I'm still waiting for the explanation on why we guaranteed that we wouldn't franchise Clements. We got him into camp so we could go 7-9?! I would rather he sat and traded him. We would have got something in the 2nd round for him for sure.
Chicago, NOT Indy. :mad:

thecoordinator
07-30-2007, 08:08 AM
They haven't yet, have they?

They just inherited our problem. Now we can join Philly and laugh.

its more like now 2 teams will be laughing at you instead of 1. the bears will pay walker and the eagles got spikes. what did the bills get? 5th and 6th round picks? lol

Philagape
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM

That's what we offered but Walker said no.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
no- my *****ing always gets the results I want. It makes me feel better and makes you homers think about the things you are trying to ignore.

Riiiight. I have said it more than a few times, I can find fault with the Bills in multiple areas. I can also praise them in many areas. The difference is you piss and moan about it like a 17 year old girl with PMS, constantly and repetitivly. I seriously don't know any women who ***** as much as you, none!

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Riiiight. I have said it more than a few times, I can find fault with the Bills in multiple areas. I can also praise them in many areas. The difference is you piss and moan about it like a 17 year old girl with PMS, constantly and repetitivly. I seriously don't know any women who ***** as much as you, none!

Um, you don't know me. You know what I feel about a football team that's been underperforming for a decade and what I say on a message board that I use as a release. So **** off and stop passing judgement.

BAM
07-30-2007, 10:27 AM
10 draft picks so far in '08. I can dig it.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 10:29 AM
10 draft picks so far in '08. I can dig it.

problem is we have to suffer through 07 first....

BAM
07-30-2007, 10:29 AM
We'll have to wait and see about that.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Um, you don't know me. You know what I feel about a football team that's been underperforming for a decade and what I say on a message board that I use as a release. So **** off and stop passing judgement.

Now you definitely sound like a chick with PMS.

BAM
07-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Now you definitely sound like a chick with PMS.

Are you just now noticing this HAMMER?

You learn to skip over several of these posters' tirades after a while. :D

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Are you just now noticing this HAMMER?

You learn to skip over several of these posters' tirades after a while. :D

I tried putting him on ignore once, but he is so "popular" that he gets quoted all the time and it didn't do any good.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I tried putting him on ignore once, but he is so "popular" that he gets quoted all the time and it didn't do any good.

I think the word you're looking for is "infamous".

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
problem is we have to suffer through 07 first....

not we, YOU. We enjoy our team. Stop trying to get people down to your miserable way of thinking.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
not we, YOU. We enjoy our team. Stop trying to get people down to your miserable way of thinking.

I enjoy the team when they win. If it really is your team, how can you enjoy a loss?

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I enjoy the team when they win. If it really is your team, how can you enjoy a loss?

I enjoy my team win or lose. Obvioulsly i want to win, but im not a miserable little b*tch every freakin day of the off season. Last time I checked we havent lost yet this year, so Im not gonna get my panties in a knot over what could possibly happen this year, or whats happend in the past. Im a Bills fan, and Ive learned to take the good with the bad. Crying every freaking day doesnt sound fun to me, and doent get me excited for the season.

The Spaz
07-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I enjoy my team win or lose. Obvioulsly i want to win, but im not a miserable little b*tch every freakin day of the off season. Last time I checked we havent lost yet this year, so Im not gonna get my panties in a knot over what could possibly happen this year, or whats happend in the past. Im a Bills fan, and Ive learned to take the good with the bad. Crying every freaking day doesnt sound fun to me, and doent get me excited for the season.

:clap:

Tatonka
07-30-2007, 12:42 PM
I think the word you're looking for is "infamous".

i would have used "lame".

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 12:50 PM
i would have used "lame".

clever and informative, as always....

you criticize my posts but then you can't post anything that's not a blatant personal attack.

The Spaz
07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
clever and informative, as always....

you criticize my posts but then you can't post anything that's not a blatant personal attack.

You post the same **** as always...

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 01:02 PM
You post the same **** as always...

and some people keep ignoring it and looking at things through their red-and-blue colored glasses, while others keep engaging me in debate and in the process post the same **** over and over. But no one complains about that.

John Doe
07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Walker was never here - that is the way it worked out.

The upside is more opportunites and reps from the young guys.

Time to move on.