PDA

View Full Version : I still think Corey Simon ends up a Bill

X-Era
07-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Its a hunch, premonition, whatever

It makes too much sense.

Im usually wrong on this type of stuff though.

X-Era
07-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Heres a linky to the latest on him:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070728/SPORTS03/707280465/1058/SPORTS03

HHURRICANE
07-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I think we have a better chance of signing Corey Haim.

X-Era
07-30-2007, 07:07 AM

Hes good, he ran a great career in the 80's

BlackMetalNinja
07-30-2007, 07:11 AM

I want both Coreys... but they're pretty busy with their new reality show I imagine.

The King
07-30-2007, 07:19 AM
What about Tank Johnson?

ryven
07-30-2007, 08:05 AM
What about Tank Johnson?

I hope this is who we go after he is exactly who buffalo is looking for

clumping platelets
07-30-2007, 08:08 AM
No way we sign Tank Johnson

Michael82
07-30-2007, 08:08 AM
What about Tank Johnson?
He'd be a good choice once his suspension is done with. But I don't think Marv would want a guy like him who gets in trouble with the law.

The King
07-30-2007, 08:30 AM
He'd be a good choice once his suspension is done with. But I don't think Marv would want a guy like him who gets in trouble with the law.

Having a team built on character is great because you can afford to take on one or two questionable guys and hope the team rubs off on him instead of vice versa.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 10:14 AM

Who's that?

Saratoga Slim
07-30-2007, 10:46 AM
If he can pass a physical and wants to play football for us, I'd take him over Darwin Walker.

If the Colts release him I am sure we'll have him on our radar.

The Spaz
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Tank Johnson a talent "yes" a headcase "yes". The Bills won't touch him IMO.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Tank Johnson a talent "yes" a headcase "yes". The Bills won't touch him IMO.

You are correct, Marv wouldn't touch him, never.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Who's that?

http://www.nndb.com/people/909/000022843/corey-haim-very-80s-sm.jpg

X-Era
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
If he can pass a physical and wants to play football for us, I'd take him over Darwin Walker.

Ive been watching the situation and many consider it likely that he gets released.

He should be on our radar, right side of 30, plays Tampa 2, used to line up next to Tripplett.

All porvided hes truly healthy.

gggbills
07-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Perhaps he is in Buffalo already....smile

Colts | Simon no-show at camp
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:22:39 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts DL Corey Simon (illness) did not report for the start of the team's training camp. "I'm not in a position to comment at this time,'' Simon said when reached by phone, refusing to reveal his whereabouts.

Tatonka
07-30-2007, 12:30 PM
corey simon, a healthy corey simon, as his agent stated he was, would prove to be potentially one of the biggest signings for the bills all season.. draft and fa included.

just like the rb position, the DT position could go from a question mark to a strength over night.

tripplet and simon with williams and mccargo rotating in? i would take that in a heartbeat.

again.. it all depends on his health.

and the question is.. if he is completely healthy and it looks like he has reported to indy's camp.. why would indy cut him.. they have paid him 15million dollars over the last two years.. he is now owed 4 mill this year and 6 next.. why wouldnt you keep him? try to get something out of him instead of just saying, yeah, we paid 15 mill for 14 games of service.

Carlton Bailey
07-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Doesn't Simon have career-threatening arthritis? I think I remember hearing that last year. Regardless, I'd take that high school football player with no legs over Tim "My motor runs on pizza" Anderson.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Isn't his problem arthritic in nature? If it is that does not heal and can cause extreme amounts of pain. We shouldn't even think about it in that case.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 12:40 PM

Looks like a ******.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 12:42 PM

Gay!

X-Era
07-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Perhaps he is in Buffalo already....smile

Colts | Simon no-show at camp
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:22:39 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts DL Corey Simon (illness) did not report for the start of the team's training camp. "I'm not in a position to comment at this time,'' Simon said when reached by phone, refusing to reveal his whereabouts.

Should know more today:

• Simon on hold — Veteran defensive tackle Corey Simon, who missed the 2006 season after undergoing knee surgery and then suffering the effects of an undisclosed illness, was slated to report for the start of training camp Sunday.

Simon, though, has not been seen around the Rose-Hulman campus and Colts officials remained mum about his future. But that silence could come to an end fairly soon.

The team issued a statement Sunday afternoon that all personnel matters would be addressed today.

Heres more:

Failed his physical??

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=20115&page=7

X-Era
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Isn't his problem arthritic in nature? If it is that does not heal and can cause extreme amounts of pain. We shouldn't even think about it in that case.

If that were true, I would imagine he would simply retire. Instead, he has his agent telling everyone hes ready to go???

X-Era
07-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Im listening to it now.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
If that were true, I would imagine he would simply retire. Instead, he has his agent telling everyone hes ready to go???

Perhaps he is looking for a sucker to give him that last bonus.

X-Era
07-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Perhaps he is looking for a sucker to give him that last bonus.

All contracts have wording such as "pending physical". If he passes a physical here, hes worth the money.

Mad Bomber
07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Here's THREE Coreys we have a better chance of signing:
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10140/coreys%7E0.jpg

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 01:40 PM
All contracts have wording such as "pending physical". If he passes a physical here, hes worth the money.

I don't know if you know anything about arthritis but let me explain. I am speaking from experience in that I have a Rheumatic condition. have days when I can play 18 holes of golf pain free and days when I can hardly climb stairs. I know nothing about his condition but if the Colts are letting him go it surely isn't a good situation or he is a problem in the locker room. In either case we don't need to take on that problem. If it is something else that I am not aware of then maybe he is worth a shot. Arthritis and related inflammatory conditions suck, but to varying degrees on different days. He could pass a physical one day and be in major pain the next, just sayin.

LifetimeBillsFan
07-31-2007, 05:22 AM

There was an article back when the OTAs started (I think C.Brown refered to it on BB.com, not sure at this point), that stated that the Bills were one of 4 teams (Chicago, I believe was one as well) that were closely monitoring the situation with Simon.

Simon's health problem is some fairly rare form of chronic arthritis. In addition to concern about whether his condition will allow him to play enough to justify paying him anywhere near the kind of money he might want, I think another concern that may come into play for teams could be whether they would be able to get insurance for him even if their MDs cleared him in their physical. As someone who has a rare medical condition, I can tell you that insurance in such instances can become frightfully expensive, even if your condition isn't debilitating at a given point in time. And, NFL teams won't let a player get near the field if they can't get insurance for him or don't want to pay for it because it is so expensive.

C.Simon is one of the players that I could definitely see ending up with the Bills, if he is cut by Indy and can pass the Bills' physical. (Every team's physical is different: remember, D.Brees couldn't pass Miami's physical last year, but passed the one in New Orleans and played well.)

There has been a fair amount of speculation that Indy would cut Simon, even if he was able to pass their physical, for salary cap reasons. I don't know if that is as much of an issue for them now that T.Glenn has retired, but Simon got a huge contract a few years ago and I think many observers doubted that he would end up seeing the money at the end of it. So, they just might end up cutting him at some point, still.