PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Walker reported to the Bills on Saturday

ghz in pittsburgh
07-30-2007, 08:49 AM
POSTED 6:57 p.m. EDT, July 29, 2007

WALKER REPORTED BEFORE TRADE

Bears defensive tackle Darwin Walker, acquired earlier on Sunday in a trade with the Bills, reported to the Buffalo camp on Saturday, a day before being shipped to Chicago.

We wrote earlier that Walker's rights would revert from Buffalo to Philly if a long-term deal were not worked out by August 5. We were incorrect -- Walker's rights would have gone back to the Eagles if Walker had not reported by August 5.

Since Walker reported to the Bills before the trade, that issue is now dead.
Walker also has reported to the Bears, and is expected to practice on Monday. A long-term deal is being negotiated between the player and the team.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

So he clearly did not want to go back to Phily. I'm guessing that he already knew the trade so he reported, to make the reverting backing to Phily a non possibility. Or Marv could really stick to him by keeping him a Bill's property.

Coming to think of it, a big difference between Marv (and Butler before him) and Donahoe is that Marv is very much believing in building a good team environment. I'm sure Marv won't leave Darwin hanging in the dry any way. So the trade is really the best way to go.

I'm more inclined to believe that they want to sign Lee and JP long term soon. Realistically aside from an injury, Lee has zero downside and big upside (like making the pro-ball) and there is nothing to dislike about his character. Losman, playing for another 8 games and if he's continue on his track, will pretty much break the Bills' bank.

bigbub2352
07-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Any way this is talked about, he didnt want to play here, he probably had his agent trying to force a trade the whole time, any kind of contract issues i am sure they were tryin to make the Bills over pay big time, otherwise with our cap room we would have signed him, this all points to the player not wanting to play here

Mitchy moo
07-30-2007, 09:30 AM
He left, subject is dead.:check:

PIZ
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
So do we get Philly's 6th round pick and Chicago's 5th round pick?

ghz in pittsburgh
07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Com'on PIZ. You know better than that!

Once Walker reported to the Bills, the Phily's 6th round is out of the window, period. Bills have Walker and their 7th round. they have Spikes and Holcomb. Trade closed.

The rest is between the Bills and the Bears.

PIZ
07-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Com'on PIZ. You know better than that!

Once Walker reported to the Bills, the Phily's 6th round is out of the window, period. Bills have Walker and their 7th round. they have Spikes and Holcomb. Trade closed.

The rest is between the Bills and the Bears.

You're right. That was pretty stupid. Still in a fog after the weekend. Thanks for not being too harsh.

G. Host
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Too bad the author does not post here. He posts on TSW and gets trashed by his reasders for good reason.