PDA

View Full Version : Shirley King: Losman looks better than Big Ben

MikeInRoch
07-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I think in the practices I saw, J.P. Losman looked better in Buffalo than Ben Roethlisberger looked in Pittsburgh. That's not to dog Big Ben either, because he looked fine adjusting to Bruce Arians' new offense. But on successive plays into a stiff breeze at St. John Fisher College on Friday afternoon, Losman completed a 47-yard go route to Roscoe Parrish, then pump-faked to the right and lasered a 32-yarder up the left sideline to Lee Evans. Never thought I'd say this, but the Bills have their quarterback of the future in Losman.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/30/mmqb/4.html

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2007, 10:06 AM

TD was right. Losman is garbage.

Pinkerton Security
07-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow king is practically creaming himself over the Bills right now...

It would be impossible to look more like a football player, on and off the field, than Paul Posluszny, the Buffalo rookie middle linebacker. I saw his second and third practices as a pro. He moves with confidence and aggressiveness before and after the snap.

Next big offensive line star in the NFL: Buffalo left tackle Jason Peters

Mitchy moo
07-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Money in the bank.

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow. King had nice things to say about four of our players in one article.

Marv must be on to something. Could it be possible that a man with brains, integrity, and 50 plus years of football experience knows more than some wannabe journalists and crusaders of negativity. Could it?

LtFinFan66
07-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I am sure King is a god now that he said something positive about the Bills:rofl:

cocamide
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow. King had nice things to say about four of our players in one article.

Marv must be on to something. Could it be possible that a man with brains, integrity, and 50 plus years of football experience knows more than some wannabe journalists and crusaders of negativity. Could it?

Great post. I like how random people on the internet somehow know more about football than Levy. I guess Levy wasted all that time coaching and should've been at home getting fat and watching football on TV.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I am sure King is a god now that he said something positive about the Bills:rofl:
No he's still Shirley Temple. Only that he's now jumping on the bandwagon and we'll let him for a while.

LtFinFan66
07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
:up:

I won't disagree with him. JP definitely has potential

Mitchy moo
07-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Forgiven and loved like a son.

BAM
07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Forgiven and loved like a son.

Right on.

I'd invite him to my wedding.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 10:43 AM

You noticed that too?

It drives me insane how this guy has no credibility on this board until he says something good about the Bills, then suddenly he knows what he's talking about.

ddaryl
07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't think anyone thinks king is "god" now

all anyone said in this thread is how shocked they are to see him right so much positve stuff about the Bills

For me its refreshing. If King who has slammed the Bills for so long can take notice then maybe the team is really starting to look like a contender.

but we all know how the ***** crowd needs to spin it as another negative against anyone who wants to take in the optomism and use it to stoke the flames of a positive outlook a little higher

madness
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, at least all the anti-Bills fans agree in this thread. :idunno:

ghz in pittsburgh
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
That just tells you what wins football games: pretty passes or sound all around football.

Roethlisberger was never known for throwing pretty passes. He just has a very good temperment in the stressful game situations - never too hypered up, touchdown or INT. In the meantime, he was surrounded by a good O-Line and a stingy defense which carried most of the day.

Losman can throw prettier passes. But that didn't get him anywhere. Most people point back to the Houston game last year as the game of his turnaround, possibily his career. To me, it was not his long bombs to Evans that day won me over. It was his not so pretty dumb-offs to Anthony Thomas at the end of the game and a definitely ugly looking throw to Evans that set up the final laser to Price that showed me that something ticked in his head.

Maybe just the irony of it all the the media has long criticized Losman's mental problems as the reason for his "bust" designation and now everyone sees his mental improvement and the writers start to drool over his ability to throw pretty long passes against wind ...

casdhf
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
He mentions the Bills like 5 times in that article.

BlackMetalNinja
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
No, he's still a douchebag... now he just happens to be a douchebag that agrees with me a little more.

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
You noticed that too?

It drives me insane how this guy has no credibility on this board until he says something good about the Bills, then suddenly he knows what he's talking about.

Or vice-versa.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
You noticed that too?

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you picked out the only remotely negative post in this thread to agree with.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
It doesn't surprise me one bit that you picked out the only remotely negative post in this thread to agree with.

this isn't about me being negative.

I don't read Peter King's stuff so I don't know how credible he is generally.

What I do know is that people on here complain about him frequently and seem to think he has his head up his ass. But now the same people are getting excited because he said something good about the Bills.

Either he has his head up his ass or he doesn't- just make up your mind. At least my negativity is consistent.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM

What I do know is that people on here complain about him frequently and seem to think he has his head up his ass. But now the same people are getting excited because he said something good about the Bills.

Either he has his head up his ass or he doesn't- just make up your mind. At least my negativity is consistent.
Read the thread. No one is excited just because suddenly King is an expert.

And yes it IS about you being negative Op. You chose to respond to and agree with the only post that's somewhat negative, disregarding all the positive posts. You got a problem.

Mitchy moo
07-30-2007, 11:54 AM

He made some observational comments about JP and obviously he changed his tune. King must of seen something he didn't before and he expressed. Will that win anymore games for us, no. Will it lend credence that JP is coming along, yes.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Read the thread. No one is excited just because suddenly King is an expert.

And yes it IS about you being negative Op. You chose to respond to the only post that's somewhat negative, disregarding all the positive posts. You got a problem.

because in this instance, the positive posts are inconsistent and hypocritical. I'm not going to respond to garbage posts.

trapezeus
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
most alarming part of the article is Goodell saying the best advice he got in his first year came from Gary Bettman.

Hello, workstoppage.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
because in this instance, the positive posts are inconsistent and hypocritical. I'm not going to respond to garbage posts.
There you finally admit it. Positive posts are garbage. You feel better now?

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
He made some observational comments about JP and obviously he changed his tune. King must of seen something he didn't before and he expressed. Will that win anymore games for us, no. Will it lend credence that JP is coming along, yes.

Why? When King says something good about the Dolphins, everyone on here jumps all over him. But when he says something good about JP, it's credence that JP is coming along?

I don't get it. Why is he full of **** when he praises the Dolphins but competent when he praises the Bills?

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
There you finally admit it. Positive posts are garbage. You feel better now?

I said "in this instance". You're doing the same type of selective reading that I'm complaining about.

MikeInRoch
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Actually, I take it the other way. Now that Shirley the Idiot is talking good about the Bills, I suddenly feel much worse about them.:sigh:

Tatonka
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM

no, he is still a fat, really fat, know it all with no chin who guesses right sometimes and guesses wrong sometimes.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I said "in this instance". You're doing the same type of selective reading that I'm complaining about.
You complain about everything. It's hard not to fall into one category or another.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Oh my freakin god, you are just a piece of work....or something else...NOBODY GOT EXCITED. They said they were surprised bc he usually dogs the Bills.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
OP, whatever happend to you, and that "Last post, and then Im done" crap. Thought you werent gonna bring everyone down to your miserable life anymore. Try honoring it again.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 12:17 PM
OP, whatever happend to you, and that "Last post, and then Im done" crap. Thought you werent gonna bring everyone down to your miserable life anymore. Try honoring it again.

what do the Bills have to do with my life? Why does everyone think they can extrapolate my feelings about a football team that has been underperforming for a decade to life in general?

Yeah, I waste way too much time arguing on here. But I feel passionate about this team and it really pisses me off when I see people defending **** moves by the FO or players who have been mediocre for half a decade. I want this team to win and I don't know where people got this insane idea that being a fan means something other than that- ie, supporting every move the team makes or every player no matter how crappy they are.

Tatonka
07-30-2007, 12:21 PM
i think almost all your posts suck op... but i am sure your a real swell guy and your posts dont reflect your personality at all, even a little bit... because if they did.. wow..

hydro
07-30-2007, 12:24 PM
what do the Bills have to do with my life? Why does everyone think they can extrapolate my feelings about a football team that has been underperforming for a decade to life in general?

Yeah, I waste way too much time arguing on here. But I feel passionate about this team and it really pisses me off when I see people defending **** moves by the FO or players who have been mediocre for half a decade. I want this team to win and I don't know where people got this insane idea that being a fan means something other than that- ie, supporting every move the team makes or every player no matter how crappy they are.

Peoples main gripe is that your are pushing your insanely pessimistic thoughts and opinions on others. Most of your posts are agruing with others that you are right. Just state your opinion, if someone attacks it thats their opinion and leave it as that.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM

Ummmm last time I checked Levy wasnt the GM the last decade. People are excited for what hes building, and for good reason. LET THEM BE. What mediocore players who have been around do you speak of? Last time i checked we cleared house. And this defending of the FO. Nobody is DEFENDING anything. Its called A DIFFERNCE OF OPINION. Which you always knock as unrealistic and dumb bc its not yours. Honestly bro, you have serious social issues. You just dont get some things.

Bufftp
07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Odd. Shirley Temple King makes a nice comment or two about the Bills. Based on observation.

Now why can't we enjoy it, and see it for what it is. Instead we get into a argument about who is postive/negative, King sucked before so that invalidates his cuurent comment, etc. etc.

Sad really.

Bufftp
07-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, and OP you're right about judging your life view on your football posts.

.... of course if you throw in your regular TZ rants...... ;)

HAMMER
07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Oh, and OP you're right about judging your life view on your football posts.

.... of course if you throw in your regular TZ rants...... ;)

Bingo, it is obviously a generally negative take on just about everything. From women with strollers, soccer moms, kids and their toys in his apartment complex, and just kids in general, traffic in DC, weather in DC. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Op is the modern day scrooge.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
i think almost all your posts suck op... but i am sure your a real swell guy and your posts dont reflect your personality at all, even a little bit... because if they did.. wow..
:rofl: DAMN!

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Ummmm last time I checked Levy wasnt the GM the last decade. People are excited for what hes building, and for good reason. LET THEM BE. What mediocore players who have been around do you speak of? Last time i checked we cleared house. And this defending of the FO. Nobody is DEFENDING anything. Its called A DIFFERNCE OF OPINION. Which you always knock as unrealistic and dumb bc its not yours. Honestly bro, you have serious social issues. You just dont get some things.

I don't get some things? If we cleaned house, why do we still have Price, Reed, Wire, Shaud, Tim Anderson, Kevin Everett, etc?

If I'm criticizing the FO and someone is disagreeing with me, then they are defending the FO. I don't know why I even have to argue that.

As far as opinions- everyone is entitled but not all opinions have equal validity. Some are more well-formed and realistic than others.

The people who defend this crap are the ones who don't get some things- not me.

And whether or not Levy was the GM does NOT erase what happened previously. It still happened and it still counts.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Peoples main gripe is that your are pushing your insanely pessimistic thoughts and opinions on others. Most of your posts are agruing with others that you are right. Just state your opinion, if someone attacks it thats their opinion and leave it as that.

justasportsfan and mysticsoto reply to almost every one of my posts. mayotm called me out in a thread I wasn't even in the other day. If you want to criticize people for arguing that they are right, I am far from the only guilty party. l believe strongly in my opinions and I don't see why it's problematic that I make the case for them.

The King
07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
at the end of the day its encouraging to hear people say good things about Buffalo instead of Buffalo being Buffalo.

ddaryl
07-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't get some things? If we cleaned house, why do we still have Price, Reed, Wire, Shaud, Tim Anderson, Kevin Everett, etc?

Tim Anderson and Shaud are the only question mark in that list. Both will more then likely be cut before camp is out. There is always camp fodder, and its better to have camp fodder with knowledge of our systems then to bring in camp fodder who need to learn from scratch.

Price and Reed are decent players that IMO will benefit from the improved OL , and JP's improvement/experiece. Plus both players are intheir 2nd year in the system which should benefit the O in general. There weren't too many replacements for these guys in FA worht pursuing , and Marv and Co. know that there is a intrinsic (sp?) benefit to resigning your own over FA's

Wire offers depth, knowledge of our systems and solid special teams play. he wasn't going anywhere...

OP you have negative thing to say about the TD regime, and yet by your comments and idealologies you embrace what the TD regime did to our team. They kept trying to fix the team via FA and it doesn't work. It's ok to bring in a piece or 2, but championship teams build through the draft and within primarily.

After this season will be a better team and we will continue to fix the team the following year. Fixing all of our problems this year was never the FO's plan.

just have a little ******* friggin faith.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
at the end of the day its encouraging to hear people say good things about Buffalo instead of Buffalo being Buffalo.

all I'm saying is that if the guy has no credibility, it doesn't matter what he says, regardless if it's about Buffalo, Miami or some other team.

So,make a determination on the guy's credibility and either react to what he says because it's meaningful or ignore it because it's not meaningful. But don't trash the guy when he says something good about another team and praise him when he says something good about Buffalo.

Bling
07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Pete is right only when you want him to be right...

Miami was going to be a formidable foe anyway. The Dolphins finished last year on a six-game winning streak, and they added an in-his-prime Daunte Culpepper, who appeared to be in better shape than advertised in the preseason after suffering a major knee injury last year. Part of me thinks Nick Saban will be thrilled to have Roethlisberger out of the game. But another part of me thinks the installation of Batch under center means a great unknown will settle over Dolphins camp today. When I talked to Phil Simms on Sunday night to get his take, he thought the Miami approach to the game would change significantly with Roethlisberger out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/04/mmqb/index.html

September 4th, 2006

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Tim Anderson and Shaud are the only question mark in that list. Both will more then likely be cut before camp is out. There is always camp fodder, and its better to have camp fodder with knowledge of our systems then to bring in camp fodder who need to learn from scratch.

Price and Reed are decent players that IMO will benefit from the improved OL , and JP's improvement/experiece. Plus both players are intheir 2nd year in the system which should benefit the O in general. There weren't too many replacements for these guys in FA worht pursuing , and Marv and Co. know that there is a intrinsic (sp?) benefit to resigning your own over FA's

Wire offers depth, knowledge of our systems and solid special teams play. he wasn't going anywhere...

OP you have negative thing to say about the TD regime, and yet by your comments and idealologies you embrace what the TD regime did to our team. They kept trying to fix the team via FA and it doesn't work. It's ok to bring in a piece or 2, but championship teams build through the draft and within primarily.

After this season will be a better team and we will continue to fix the team the following year. Fixing all of our problems this year was never the FO's plan.

just have a little ******* friggin faith.

Ok, so TD's way didn't work. News flash: there are more than two ways to do things. You don't have to cut every single experienced defender simultaneously, and you don't have to sign every big name FA like TD did. What's wrong with a MIX of young guys and experienced vets?

As far as Reed- he had two years in Gilbride's system and actually got WORSE his second year with a sophomore slump. Then he had two years in Mularkey's system and didn't get any better. Then he had a year in Marv's system and he hasn't lived up to potential....

As far as Wire- ST is one thing but the guy sucks at D.

Price had one good season. That's it.

And as far as after this season- maybe you're right, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about THIS season. Our D was horrible last year and had a net LOSS of talent. All the guys on our D this year were there last year except Poz and Webster. We know Webster's not as good as Clements and Poz doesn't have the experience as Fletcher (it will come in time, but that doesn't do anything for us NOW).

So, if Marv is right, we're not there yet. And if he's wrong.... well, that's too pessimistic and depressing even for me to think about.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 01:13 PM
As far as opinions- everyone is entitled but not all opinions have equal validity. Some are more well-formed and realistic than others.

The people who defend this crap are the ones who don't get some things- not me.

Typical. Bro you just dont get it. Youre small minded and egocentric and you just dont get it. Im done attacking you and dealing with your crap. Ill just let the daily, everyone b*tch at OP session to show, just maybe youre wrong about some things. Keep thinking the problems are with everyone else though. Nobody here is calling for a Super Bowl this year or even next. We just dont feel the need to remind ourselves that, thats the case. We'd rather enjoy the season and watch these young players hopefully emerge into great players over the next few years, and hopefully be contenders then. Nobody here is overally excited to the point where we're booking playoff hotel reservations. We just dont b*tch about every weak point in our team. What did you do before good teams in the 90s? Curl up a corner sucking your thumb? You act like we've been some powerhouse for decades and cant find our way. I see a lot of the 90s team being built in this team. Unfortunately this team is not going to be Super Bowl contenders overnight, and you need to come to terms with this. BADLY.

ddaryl
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Ok, so TD's way didn't work. News flash: there are more than two ways to do things. You don't have to cut every single experienced defender simultaneously, and you don't have to sign every big name FA like TD did. What's wrong with a MIX of young guys and experienced vets?

As far as Reed- he had two years in Gilbride's system and actually got WORSE his second year with a sophomore slump. Then he had two years in Mularkey's system and didn't get any better. Then he had a year in Marv's system and he hasn't lived up to potential....

As far as Wire- ST is one thing but the guy sucks at D.

Price had one good season. That's it.

And as far as after this season- maybe you're right, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about THIS season. Our D was horrible last year and had a net LOSS of talent. All the guys on our D this year were there last year except Poz and Webster. We know Webster's not as good as Clements and Poz doesn't have the experience as Fletcher (it will come in time, but that doesn't do anything for us NOW).

So, if Marv is right, we're not there yet. And if he's wrong.... well, that's too pessimistic and depressing even for me to think about.

well I'm not going ot waste time or partake in a 20 page debate with you

I'm very happy with the present direction of the Bills, and I have faith in players and the FO.

Reed showed signs of returning to a serviceable form last year. Price still has the ability to catch 50- 60

Wire is depth and ST's

as for the D.... We need to get the young guys playing experience so they can get better now, and not later. I am fine with this philosophy. We'll take our lumps but it'll pay dividends in 2008 / 2009.

have fun continuing on with your 20 page ***** fest. I said my peace.

TedMock
07-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Defense certainly has me worried, but I think it's getting blown out of proportion. On the surface it sounds like we lost a lot. We didn't. Clements is a big blow, but that's it. Spikes was my favorite player, but the truth is that he hardly played last year and even when he came back he was pulled on passing downs in favor of Ellison. Losing Spkes of last year is really not a big loss at all. Poz will have a learning curve in the middle and will struggle early, but should be fine by the break - see AJ Hawk last season. Fletcher was a nice player, but certainly not irreplaceable and certainly not a significant upgrade over Poz - even early on. Clements is the one guy that scares me. Anderson has been bad, no arguments there. I don't even expect stats from him. If he were just to tie-up blockers and not allow movement up his hole, I'd be perfectly happy. Smerlas made a great career out of going stalemate with centers and guards. That's the type of guy we're missing.

Offensively, I wish we had a bigger WR to play the 2. Keyshawn would have been a fantastic pickup. Reed is a solid number 3. He struggled badly in his 3rd year (2004) where he only had 16 receptions. Last year, he looked like a very nice number 3. 32 for 449 and a 14 ypc average (best avg of his career). Those are the exact numbers I would expect from a number 3. 2 catches per game for 20 - 30 yards and a stick move.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical. Bro you just dont get it. Youre small minded and egocentric and you just dont get it. Im done attacking you and dealing with your crap. Ill just let the daily, everyone b*tch at OP session to show, just maybe youre wrong about some things. Keep thinking the problems are with everyone else though. Nobody here is calling for a Super Bowl this year or even next. We just dont feel the need to remind ourselves that, thats the case. We'd rather enjoy the season and watch these young players hopefully emerge into great players over the next few years, and hopefully be contenders then. Nobody here is overally excited to the point where we're booking playoff hotel reservations. We just dont b*tch about every weak point in our team. What did you do before good teams in the 90s? Curl up a corner sucking your thumb? You act like we've been some powerhouse for decades and cant find our way. I see a lot of the 90s team being built in this team. Unfortunately this team is not going to be Super Bowl contenders overnight, and you need to come to terms with this. BADLY.

I know they're not going to be Super Bowl contenders overnight, but that's not an excuse for mediocrity. It's not an excuse to defend bad moves (and PLENTY of people are defending the Walker situation and were doing so before I even logged on yesterday, so don't say they're not). Plenty of people are saying the run D will be better- I think there are plenty of very valid reasons to think it won't (but I'll spare you posting them again here).

As far as before the 90's well, I didn't start following sports until I was 11 or 12. I'd watch Notre Dame when my grandpa was around and I kind of followed the Blue Jays but that was about it. So I don't recall any of those pre 90's seasons.

Whether or not we are a powerhouse is irrelevant. It's been a decade since we've won a playoff game and 7 years since we've been to one at all. The only teams that have playoff droughts that long are the dregs of the league like Arizona and Detroit. Forgive me if I expect my team to be better than that.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Defense certainly has me worried, but I think it's getting blown out of proportion. On the surface it sounds like we lost a lot. We didn't. Clements is a big blow, but that's it. Spikes was my favorite player, but the truth is that he hardly played last year and even when he came back he was pulled on passing downs in favor of Ellison. Losing Spkes of last year is really not a big loss at all. Poz will have a learning curve in the middle and will struggle early, but should be fine by the break - see AJ Hawk last season. Fletcher was a nice player, but certainly not irreplaceable and certainly not a significant upgrade over Poz - even early on. Clements is the one guy that scares me. Anderson has been bad, no arguments there. I don't even expect stats from him. If he were just to tie-up blockers and not allow movement up his hole, I'd be perfectly happy. Smerlas made a great career out of going stalemate with centers and guards. That's the type of guy we're missing.

Offensively, I wish we had a bigger WR to play the 2. Keyshawn would have been a fantastic pickup. Reed is a solid number 3. He struggled badly in his 3rd year (2004) where he only had 16 receptions. Last year, he looked like a very nice number 3. 32 for 449 and a 14 ypc average (best avg of his career). Those are the exact numbers I would expect from a number 3. 2 catches per game for 20 - 30 yards and a stick move.

here's the problem on D- even if we didn't lose as much as it seems on paper, we didn't GAIN anything except Poz (who is at best a wash with Fletcher, at least at first), and our D was terrible last year. I just fail to see how we improved.

On offense I agree- either Price or Reed can be a #3 but neither is a number 2. I think the offense should be improved somewhat- the D is scary though.

Mad Bomber
07-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Back to the original topic of this thread...
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">I think in the practices I saw, J.P. Losman looked better in Buffalo than Ben Roethlisberger looked in Pittsburgh. That's not to dog Big Ben either, because he looked fine adjusting to Bruce Arians' new offense. But on successive plays into a stiff breeze at St. John Fisher College on Friday afternoon, Losman completed a 47-yard go route to Roscoe Parrish, then pump-faked to the right and lasered a 32-yarder up the left sideline to Lee Evans. Never thought I'd say this, but the Bills have their quarterback of the future in Losman. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
My only reaction to this is that I'm truly surprised that Shirley had anything nice to say about JP or the Bills. It's not usually the case.
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10105/templeavatar.jpg

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

BAM
07-30-2007, 01:31 PM
My favorite piece from that article....

Roger Clemens: 3-5, 3.92 ERA. Lamborghini price, Avalon results.

:snicker:

Mitchy moo
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM

Good 1.

Mad Bomber
07-30-2007, 01:43 PM

That's an insult to the Avalon. It's a good car.

Bufftp
07-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Bingo, it is obviously a generally negative take on just about everything. From women with strollers, soccer moms, kids and their toys in his apartment complex, and just kids in general, traffic in DC, weather in DC. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Op is the modern day scrooge.
Careful about personal attacks...

I have met OP in real life. He is a great guy. His wife Dora is wonderful too. I think OP is just tired of waiting for the Bills to get good. It has been a long time, and for some patience has run out.

Oh, by the way, this may suprise some, OP is not the Miami Dolfelons either....

Mitchy moo
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Careful about personal attacks...

I have met OP in real life. He is a great guy. Hif wife Dora is wonderful too. I think OP is just tired of waiting for the Bills to get good. It has bee a long time, and for some patience has run out.

Oh, by the way, this may suprise some, OP is not the Miami Dolfelons either....

WE'RE DOOMED is going a little bit too far, don't you think?

evol4276
07-30-2007, 02:01 PM
I am sure King is a god now that he said something positive about the Bills:rofl: hes still a douche

BidsJr
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
As far as before the 90's well, I didn't start following sports until I was 11 or 12. I'd watch Notre Dame when my grandpa was around and I kind of followed the Blue Jays but that was about it. So I don't recall any of those pre 90's seasons.

Well this explains a lot.

If your Bills history started in 1990 then you don't have any perspective as to what mediocrity is. Cause frankly the last 7 years do not compare to the 70's and 80's AT ALL.

You haven't had your heart broken by this team and see what it takes to get them better. The evolution in a team that takes it from 2-14 to 14-2. A lot of us have seen this happen and how it comes together. A lot of the same things are happening right now.

I guess I understand a bit more now. Impatient youngster who is learning historical perspective.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 02:12 PM

If your Bills history started in 1990 then you don't have any perspective as to what mediocrity is. Cause frankly the last 7 years do not compare to the 70's and 80's AT ALL.

You haven't had your heart broken by this team and see what it takes to get them better. The evolution in a team that takes it from 2-14 to 14-2. A lot of us have seen this happen and how it comes together. A lot of the same things are happening right now.

I guess I understand a bit more now. Impatient youngster who is learning historical perspective.

7 years? I hardly see how that's impatient. Other teams have turned it around in MUCH less time than that. What happened in the 70's and 80's is no excuse for a decade of mediocrity in the 00's as other teams constantly come and go around us.

BidsJr
07-30-2007, 02:13 PM
7 years? I hardly see how that's impatient. Other teams have turned it around in MUCH less time than that. What happened in the 70's and 80's is no excuse for a decade of mediocrity in the 00's as other teams constantly come and go around us.

Seriously.

Were you even born in Buffalo?

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Seriously.

Were you even born in Buffalo?

I was born in South Jersey but my parents moved to Rochester when I was less than a year old and that's where I grew up.

I didn't realize being born in Buffalo was a prerequisite to being a fan.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
fine, we've been mediocore for a decade. Guess what, crying and complaining now isnt going to change that. We're not going to win the Super Bowl this year, nor next. We've all come to terms with that and are excited about the future. We're not gonna piss and moan til it happens. Thats not the fun part of being a fan. If you were on the Bils, youd be let go. Youre a cancer.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
fine, we've been mediocore for a decade. Guess what, crying and complaining now isnt going to change that. We're not going to win the Super Bowl this year, nor next. We've all come to terms with that and are excited about the future. We're not gonna piss and moan til it happens. Thats not the fun part of being a fan. If you were on the Bils, youd be let go. Youre a cancer.

I'm a cancer?

I think the people who look at our D and think it's going to be better are a cancer. I think the people who defend mediocre players and **** FO moves are a cancer. The fun part of being a fan is watching wins, and anything that doesn't help us get wins deserves to be criticized.

ublinkwescore
07-30-2007, 02:32 PM

No, he's still a douchebag, and we already knew this.

So thanks for nothing Shirley.

BidsJr
07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I was born in South Jersey but my parents moved to Rochester when I was less than a year old and that's where I grew up.

I didn't realize being born in Buffalo was a prerequisite to being a fan.

Not saying that.

But not following the Bills till they were worth a crap tells me something.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Not saying that.

But not following the Bills till they were worth a crap tells me something.

I was in elementary school- you can't fault me for the year I was born. Even if I followed the team I wouldn't remember now- I hardly remember anything from back then.

Wys Guy
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
If Losman finds his short-medium game he'll be a top-10 QB.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm a cancer?

I think the people who look at our D and think it's going to be better are a cancer. I think the people who defend mediocre players and **** FO moves are a cancer. The fun part of being a fan is watching wins, and anything that doesn't help us get wins deserves to be criticized.

so basically someone with a different opinion as you....you have a warped way of looking at things.

also our D was terrible last year, cant get much worse, why is that such a bold statement to say they're gonna be better? Just bc in your opinion we lost big name players.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I think JP has more natural talent than Big Ben.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
so basically someone with a different opinion as you....you have a warped way of looking at things.

um, you accused me of being a cancer for having a different opinion than you, then criticize me for doing the same thing?

Look, if you want to discuss something football related, fine, but I'm done discussing my pessimisim. It's not going anywhere until we start winning, which isn't going to happen anytime soon, so if you don't like it, don't read my posts.

Philagape
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
which isn't going to happen anytime soon

Speculation spoken as fact!!!

Bufftp
07-30-2007, 02:53 PM

I have been a Bills fan for a long long long time.
Quite frankly my patience is being tested too on a general level.
Though I have put it in the perspective that Marv is the new regime and needs a few years to put it together. In fact I am slowly going from being a non-Marv fan as GM, to liking what he is doing.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
also our D was terrible last year, cant get much worse, why is that such a bold statement to say they're gonna be better? Just bc in your opinion we lost big name players.

what did we do to make it better? What talent did we add? Compare that to the talent we lost. Even if we were to hypothetically agree that Spikes and Ellison are a wash, we still replaced Fletcher with Poz or maybe DiGiorgio, both of whom lack the ability to lead the D at this point in their careers, and lost talent at CB with Clements (yes, Clements was overrated and yes, I'm glad we didn't give him an insane contract, but he's still better than Webster/Thomas/Youboty).

So, where exactly did we get better? Just from 2nd year guys improving? I'm sure some will improve and some will have a sophomore slump, but I fail to see how one year of improvement is enough to compensate for the losses of Fletch and Clements and make us better overall.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
so if you don't like it, don't read my posts.

How about you take your own advice. You admit how peoples posts drive you insane and then you freak out on their opinion which usually leads to threads turning into this garbage and getting way off topic. If you dont like someones positive opinion, stop attacking them, deal with it, state your case and move on. Stop dismissing people as dumb or out of touch for having different opinions as you.

Bufftp
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
If Losman finds his short-medium game he'll be a top-10 QB.
I agree. I think he will too.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
How about you take your own advice. You admit how peoples posts drive you insane and then you freak out on their opinion which usually leads to threads turning into this garbage and getting way off topic. If you dont like someones positive opinion, stop attacking them, deal with it, state your case and move on. Stop dismissing people as dumb or out of touch for having different opinions as you.

I never did that.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
what did we do to make it better? What talent did we add? Compare that to the talent we lost. Even if we were to hypothetically agree that Spikes and Ellison are a wash, we still replaced Fletcher with Poz or maybe DiGiorgio, both of whom lack the ability to lead the D at this point in their careers, and lost talent at CB with Clements (yes, Clements was overrated and yes, I'm glad we didn't give him an insane contract, but he's still better than Webster/Thomas/Youboty).

So, where exactly did we get better? Just from 2nd year guys improving? I'm sure some will improve and some will have a sophomore slump, but I fail to see how one year of improvement is enough to compensate for the losses of Fletch and Clements and make us better overall.

Jesus, how many times do we have to go over this. Youre like a kid with a.d.d. Fine, Spikes and Ellison are a wash. My OPINION of Poz is different. IMO, he will be just as good as Fletcher, and definately is better for the long run as far as what we are paying him and what he brings. Clements sucks IN MY OPINION. Hes just as good as the players you mentioned. Ask Chris Chambers how good Clements is. Kyle Williams, Ellison, Crowell, Simpson, Whitner gained experience which idealy would make us better, and we will have our 1st round pick Mccargo finally taking the field with some experience under his belt, and signs that he is improving. Those are my freakin reasons for thinking we can improve. ITS MY FREAKIN OPINION. Now just keep youre freakin pie hole shut and stop challenging everyone just bc your backed in a corner with your miserable way of viewing things.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I never did that.

never did what?

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Jesus, how many times do we have to go over this. Youre like a kid with a.d.d. Fine, Spikes and Ellison are a wash. My OPINION of Poz is different. IMO, he will be just as good as Fletcher, and definately is better for the long run as far as what we are paying him and what he brings. Clements sucks IN MY OPINION. Hes just as good as the players you mentioned. Ask Chris Chambers how good Clements is. Kyle Williams, Ellison, Crowell, Simpson, Whitner gained experience which idealy would make us better, and will have our 1st round pick finally taking the field with some experience under his belt, and signs that he is improving. Those are my freakin reasons for thinking we can improve. ITS MY FREAKIN OPINION. Now just keep youre freakin pie hole shut and stop challenging everyone just bc your backed in a corner with your miserable way of viewing things.

if it's your opinion vs my opinion, how exactly am I backed in a corner?

I agree that Poz is the better long term option but that doesn't do anything for us NOW. I think he's going to be fine but he'll take time to get acclimated to the NFL and it will show on the field.

Those guys improving may make us better, but we still have to compensate for the losses of Clements and Fletch (I know you disagree on Clements but I think there will be a drop off in play at that position and I'm not alone in that line of thought). And also, there is a big gap between "better" and "good". There is even a big gap between "better" and "good enough" and I don't see 1 year of improvement filling it. We need additional talent and we didn't get it this off-season.

FlyingDutchman
07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Im done. I already feel bad that i contibuted in taking this thread way off topic.

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I really can't believe that after last season, I have to argue the fact that the D needs more talent.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I really can't believe that after last season, I have to argue the fact that the D needs more talent.
And you put big $$ on it too!

OpIv37
07-30-2007, 03:32 PM
And you put big $$ on it too!

well that's one bet I wouldn't mind losing because it means we don't suck, or at least we don't suck as much as we did last year.

We'll see.

Cntrygal
08-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Back to the original topic of this thread...
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">I think in the practices I saw, J.P. Losman looked better in Buffalo than Ben Roethlisberger looked in Pittsburgh. That's not to dog Big Ben either, because he looked fine adjusting to Bruce Arians' new offense. But on successive plays into a stiff breeze at St. John Fisher College on Friday afternoon, Losman completed a 47-yard go route to Roscoe Parrish, then pump-faked to the right and lasered a 32-yarder up the left sideline to Lee Evans. Never thought I'd say this, but the Bills have their quarterback of the future in Losman. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
My only reaction to this is that I'm truly surprised that Shirley had anything nice to say about JP or the Bills. It's not usually the case.
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10105/templeavatar.jpg

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

I'm surprised too!