X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Lynch makes me glad Willis is gone!!

Thanks to Mikeinroch for his thread. I pulled this off of the same Peter King article!!! Impressive to say the least!!

7. I think Marshawn Lynch impressed me off the field the other day, after showing terrific moves on the field. Lynch was telling me how much he loves to watch Michael Vick play, and how last year at Cal he never watched much football, but every time Vick was on, it was appointment TV. And I asked him if he thought Vick was getting a fair shake and if he thought the charges against him were fair. (Which, of course, Lynch can't know. But I was trolling for his opinion in case he had a strong one.)
    "I don't feel I'm in a place to have an opinion on that,'' he said. "I don't know anything about the case. So I really shouldn't say anything.''
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Lynch makes me glad Willis is gone!!

I think that's one thing almost all of us Zoners - despite our divergent opinions on so many issues - can agree on.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

there is something wrong with an RB who when he runs for a 60yd TD has to toss oats.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Lil John hairdo notwithstanding, Lynch showed right there that he has a better head on his shoulders than McGahee. I can't even imagine what kind of dumbass response Willis would have spewed out in that situation.

McGahee is definitely good riddance.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

This is exactly what i was saying Jimbo should have said instead of giving his opinion on the case. Lynch just keeps on proving why marv made an excellent choice with the 12th pick.

Comment

• evol4276
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Thanks to Mikeinroch for his thread. I pulled this off of the same Peter King article!!! Impressive to say the least!!

7. I think Marshawn Lynch impressed me off the field the other day, after showing terrific moves on the field. Lynch was telling me how much he loves to watch Michael Vick play, and how last year at Cal he never watched much football, but every time Vick was on, it was appointment TV. And I asked him if he thought Vick was getting a fair shake and if he thought the charges against him were fair. (Which, of course, Lynch can't know. But I was trolling for his opinion in case he had a strong one.)
            "I don't feel I'm in a place to have an opinion on that,'' he said. "I don't know anything about the case. So I really shouldn't say anything.''
            that is about the least "thug-thing" he culd ever say. if he was like everyone thought he was before we drafted him he'd be like clinton portis (whom i have no problem with at all btw) and saying how it isnt a problem etc etc. that quote there shows he is a great kid who knows when to and to not speak. LYNCHY, you are going to make us Bills fans proud :-)

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Lil John hairdo notwithstanding, Lynch showed right there that he has a better head on his shoulders than McGahee. I can't even imagine what kind of dumbass response Willis would have spewed out in that situation.

McGahee is definitely good riddance.
              Probably some similar dumbass response that his U of Miami buddy Clinton Portis gave.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
                This is exactly what i was saying Jimbo should have said instead of giving his opinion on the case. Lynch just keeps on proving why marv made an excellent choice with the 12th pick.
                Kelly's retired and in the hall, and the Feds are pursuing this case - and from what I've heard, the Feds have like a 99% conviction rate or something like that - Kelly's earned the right to speak his mind.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

The funniest thing about McGahee is that every year, he promises to be incredibly fast and multidimensional -- he's doing it again this season -- but it never happens. Willis will continue to be average in Baltimore, and Buffalo will have a great RB duo in Lynch and Wright both now and in the forseeable future. Life is good.

Comment

• clumping platelets

McGahee?

Comment

• duhbilz
                      S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                      The funniest thing about McGahee is that every year, he promises to be incredibly fast and multidimensional -- he's doing it again this season -- but it never happens. Willis will continue to be average in Baltimore, and Buffalo will have a great RB duo in Lynch and Wright both now and in the forseeable future. Life is good.
                      So you don't think getting a 1000 yards behind the Oline Buffalo had last year is an accomplishment? Considering how low the Bills Offense was ranked Willis still churned out 1000 yards. I understand why fans would having an issue with Willis's attitude and rightfully so, but you act as if Willis has no talent and that simply isn't true. He ran well last year considering the circustances.

I think there is no denying Lynch's ability or talent, but to listen to some fans here Lynch is ten times the RB Willis is. Comon, you give JP all the credit in the world when all he did was post avg numbers last year, but you don't give Willis any credit at all for the same type of season. Lets not forget Willis wasn't the only guy accused of having an attitude problem. I do believe there have been reports of JP having the same in the past. Bottom line is Willis's talent wasn't the issue in Buffalo. I think Lynch should prove worthy of the 12th selection before he's crowned. I love his speed and his talent, but he's proven nothing yet.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

Willis's attitude was the issue. He only showed up against the Jets.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by duhbilz
                          So you don't think getting a 1000 yards behind the Oline Buffalo had last year is an accomplishment? Considering how low the Bills Offense was ranked Willis still churned out 1000 yards. I understand why fans would having an issue with Willis's attitude and rightfully so, but you act as if Willis has no talent and that simply isn't true. He ran well last year considering the circustances.

I think there is no denying Lynch's ability or talent, but to listen to some fans here Lynch is ten times the RB Willis is. Comon, you give JP all the credit in the world when all he did was post avg numbers last year, but you don't give Willis any credit at all for the same type of season. Lets not forget Willis wasn't the only guy accused of having an attitude problem. I do believe there have been reports of JP having the same in the past. Bottom line is Willis's talent wasn't the issue in Buffalo. I think Lynch should prove worthy of the 12th selection before he's crowned. I love his speed and his talent, but he's proven nothing yet.
                          First, Willis didn't get 1000 yards last year- he got 990.

Second, 1000 yards a season is only 62.5 yards per game, so that's not even a huge accomplishment.

The problem with Willis was his effort. Look at how many times he danced behind the line and got stuffed for no gain when he could have gotten at least two yards. Look at how A-Train ran downhill and had modest gains on plays where Willis would have been stuffed. Look at how Willis tore up the Jets to show up Vilma but sucked against anyone else.

Yeah, JP had his struggles and made his share of mistakes, but he never once gave up on a play. When the team is struggling, we need guys who are going to do everything they can to prop the team up, not guys like Willis who go dormant and pout like a 4 year old whose mom wouldn't buy him a candy bar at the supermarket check out lane.

If Willis wants to pull this "I'll use my talent when I want" attitude, he can do it in Baltimore. We don't want or need that **** on our team.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Let's not forget Willis was not real keen on knowing the playbook or working out with his teammates when a new offense with new coaches was installed.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

I don't give Willis any credit for last year. He ran tentatively, showed no creativity and gave no second effort. If a RB is entirely dependent on the line, he's a nobody. Any second-stringer can do what he did.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X