PDA

View Full Version : Sirius NFL Radio at Bills Camp today

yle
07-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Movin' the chains is on the air right now live from camp. They're gonna have Marv on soon.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:18 AM
post everything you can... this is like the one day i am not in my car half the day.. damn it.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:23 AM
ah.. sweet.. it is streaming online now.. i forgot..

i will post what i hear.

marv is just talking about what a good guy that bill walsh was. marv interviewed him for a college job back when Walsh was a high school coach.

Michael82
07-31-2007, 09:26 AM
It figures that they decide to do it on a day where there is no afternoon or morning practice. :sigh:

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
loves jp.. his developement has been remarkable..

doesnt fall apart when he makes a mistake.. just goes back to work on it..

doesnt get too cocky when he does something well.

team trust and confidence in jp is clearly growing.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
It figures that they decide to do it on a day where there is no afternoon or morning practice. :sigh:
That is actually good. They can talk to more players, coaches and people like Marv.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Targeted the O-line.

Sirius guys are positive about the Bills as a sleeper.

Marv stresses Lynch was at the OTA's.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
on lynch -

like everything they see from him.. there for all the practices and OTA, bar one practice on first day of TC..

route running is great.. quickness and cutting ability is impressive.

loves the fact that he is confident but is not arrogant or cocky.. he doesnt come across as a guy that is happy with being a 1st rounder, but wants to prove that he was worth it and carries the responsibility of being the top pick well.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:33 AM
clearly stated about the run defense..

the DTs are important.. and mccargo is a huge piece in that..

but stressed that aggressive, attacking line backers are a huge difference than reacting linebackers.

Philagape
07-31-2007, 09:34 AM
My confidence is gradually creeping upward every day.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I still think, despite all of the negativity and the constant whining, this will be a solid team. With 10 picks in the draft already, next year could be very special.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Tasker is on now.

Says team is more confident this year than in years.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:43 AM
tasker said that he expects 4 wr sets with lynch in the backfield.. a couple times a series.

evans and price outside, rosco and reed inside.. with lynch coming out of the backfield.

RockStar36
07-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't like this sleeper talk personally. The Cardinals were the "sleeper" last year and we all saw what happened.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:46 AM
tasker thinks youboty is the replacement for clements.

said spikes was not good last year.. fletcher was at the edge of the cliff as far as age and wear.. and he said it wont be gradual.. he will go from good to old quick. couldnt pay fletcher.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 09:47 AM
sees the team being somewhat in the mold of the colts..

powerful offense.. defense will struggle some..

thinks jp is ready to take over as a qb that can win games for the team regularly.. sees him playing better than last year and becoming more of a consisten player.

streetkings01
07-31-2007, 09:53 AM
I wish T-Rock would be a man and tell Marv and the rest of the Buffalo Bills what he thought of them! On numerous occasions he has stated on air that the Bills will be the drubbing mat of the AFC East.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 10:04 AM
the 4 WR set makes me nervous. We need to keep the D off the field as much as possible and that's not the way to do it.

The Spaz
07-31-2007, 10:09 AM
the 4 WR set makes me nervous. We need to keep the D off the field as much as possible and that's not the way to do it.

We got to the Super Bowl 4 years by doing that. We know we didn't win but you can get there.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 10:11 AM
We got to the Super Bowl 4 years by doing that. We know we didn't win but you can get there.

The key was that the D was much better in those days, but even those teams had problems with Time of Possession and keeping the D off the field at times. With our current D, we won't be able to win like that.

BidsJr
07-31-2007, 10:12 AM

:spam:

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
The 4 WR set will be used occassionally. If it creates some big plays and scoring opportunities, it is good, imo.

One must remember that giving up points was not a problem last year, as the Bills were 10th in points allowed.

The Spaz
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
The key was that the D was much better in those days, but even those teams had problems with Time of Possession and keeping the D off the field at times. With our current D, we won't be able to win like that.

That's what I am saying but they still got to the Super Bowl. Our offense I think is "There" but we still have to work on the defense. Maybe with those 10 picks next year we can do something to add more depth at the DT position.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
The 4 WR set will be used occassionally. If it creates some big plays and scoring opportunities, it is good, imo.

One must remember that giving up points was not a problem last year, as the Bills were 10th in points allowed.

a couple of times a series is more than "occasionally" in my book.

And we've been over this before- points allowed don't matter if we can't get the ball back to try to score. Remember, several teams were playing ball control in the 4th quarter against us rather than trying to score, so that skews the stat.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, since we don't really have a TE or a FB, I see nothing wrong with 4 wide.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Well, since we don't really have a TE or a FB, I see nothing wrong with 4 wide.

well keep in mind that behind Evans, our receivers are Reed, Price and Parrish. That's not exactly encouraging.

gil
07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
If you can score points you can win your fair share of games - even the best defensive teams got into shootouts last year.

Bulldog
07-31-2007, 10:31 AM
well keep in mind that behind Evans, our receivers are Reed, Price and Parrish. That's not exactly encouraging.

I'm so sick of seeing your negative posts in every god damn thread I open I could puke. You act as though you know more than anyone currently employed at One Bills Drive. Get over yourself already.

ParanoidAndroid
07-31-2007, 10:32 AM
That's what I am saying but they still got to the Super Bowl. Our offense I think is "There" but we still have to work on the defense. Maybe with those 10 picks next year we can do something to add more depth at the DT position.

We will draft 2 WR's next year (one early), a DT (early), depth at LB, CB, OL. There will be trades with all these picks. It's going to be fun.

ParanoidAndroid
07-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm so sick of seeing your negative posts in every god damn thread I open I could puke. You act as though you know more than anyone currently employed at One Bills Drive. Get over yourself already.

I stopped reading his posts because I already know what he is going to say. He actually believes none of us know what can possibly go poorly. Optimists can't possibly be smart enough to have considered the downside. He thinks optimists are foolish and their optimism should be quashed wherever it rears its ugly head.

superbills
07-31-2007, 11:04 AM
If anyone is interested, I am capturing the audio from the second 2 hours of the Bills camp show today. I wasn't around for the first hour and missed part of a Priest Holmes discussion in the beginning of the second hour, but I got the rest. The only trick is I need somewhere to put the files. They are going to be around 50-60 MB each (standard MP3 audio) If anyone has somewhere I can put these things, I'll post them for your listening pleasure. Puz is on right now :up:

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 11:04 AM
a couple of times a series is more than "occasionally" in my book.

And we've been over this before- points allowed don't matter if we can't get the ball back to try to score. Remember, several teams were playing ball control in the 4th quarter against us rather than trying to score, so that skews the stat.

Wrong.

The Bills allowed points as follows:

1st Quarter: 74
2nd Quarter: 105
3rd Quarter: 55
4th Quarter: 77

They allowed more points in the 4th quarter than the 1st or 3rd.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:11 AM

It has nothing to do with me.

It has to do with the quality of the receivers on the team- I'm not saying anything all that new or outrageous. Parrish is undersized, Price has had one good season over his entire career and Reed has never lived up to expectations. It's no big secret that the drop-off at receiver after Evans is huge.

madness
07-31-2007, 11:11 AM

Says who? I've never head such a statement in all of football.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Wrong.

The Bills allowed points as follows:

1st Quarter: 74
2nd Quarter: 105
3rd Quarter: 55
4th Quarter: 77

They allowed more points in the 4th quarter than the 1st or 3rd.

And how many of those points came in the first part of the 4th quarter when we still had a lead? Remember the huge drives at the end of the Titans and Colts game? check the opponent's drive times in the 4th quarter and you'll see what I mean.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Says who? I've never head such a statement in all of football.

wtf are you talking about? People on here have been saying the offense is going to make the defense better all off-season. The only way to do that is to keep the D off the field.

So make up your mind- can the O make the D better or not?

RockStar36
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I love this deal on Sirius. I love hearing them talk to the Bills and about the Bills without being complete douches like WGR.

madness
07-31-2007, 11:20 AM
wtf are you talking about? People on here have been saying the offense is going to make the defense better all off-season. The only way to do that is to keep the D off the field.

So make up your mind- can the O make the D better or not?

One single formation does not determine TOP.

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2007, 11:21 AM
clearly stated about the run defense..

the DTs are important.. and mccargo is a huge piece in that..

but stressed that aggressive, attacking line backers are a huge difference than reacting linebackers.

tasker thinks youboty is the replacement for clements.

said spikes was not good last year.. fletcher was at the edge of the cliff as far as age and wear.. and he said it wont be gradual.. he will go from good to old quick.couldnt pay fletcher.
DT's looked bad because of poor LB play and the LB's looked bad because of poor DT play.

OP... This is the logical counter to most of your arguments...

Improvements on both fronts...
1) LB's and DT's have a season's experience with the new system (And in the NFL).
2) The return of McCargo from injury.
3) The return of Crowell from injury.
4) The replacement of reaction LB's (Fletcher and Spikes) with aggressive LB'S (Poz, DiGrigorio, Elison).

Will they be world beaters? NO!
Will they be improved from last season? YES!

:gobills:.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:23 AM
One single formation does not determine TOP.

a formation from which it is difficult to run encourages the pass. If a passing offense goes 3 and out, it will take almost no time off the clock. If a passing offense scores, generally the score occurs quickly without a sustained drive (look at the Bills of the early 90's or even last year's team that relied on the big pass play).

This puts additional pressure on the D. Tasker said the formation will be used several times a possession- that's certainly enough to have an impact on TOP.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:26 AM
DT's looked bad because of poor LB play and the LB's looked bad because of poor DT play.

OP... This is the logical counter to most of your arguments...

Improvements on both fronts...
1) LB's and DT's have a season's experience with the new system (And in the NFL).
2) The return of McCargo from injury.
3) The return of Crowell from injury.
4) The replacement of reaction LB's (Fletcher and Spikes) with aggressive LB'S (Poz, DiGrigorio, Elison).

Will they be world beaters? NO!
Will they be improved from last season? YES!

:gobills:.

Crowell played in 12 games last season and the D wasn't any better in those games. McCargo missed 10 games last season and a lot of off-season conditioning- those are the things that allow 2nd year players to improve. DiGiorgio and Ellison played last year and the D wasn't any better when they were in there. I think Poz is probably physically superior to Fletch at this point, but it will take him time to catch up mentally and develop into a leadership role. Plus, you didn't even mention the loss of Clements (he's overrated and I'm glad we didn't overpay for him, but he's still better than anyone we currently have).

So I really don't see where this D is significantly better. Some improvement? Possibly. But we still won't be where we need to be on D.

Philagape
07-31-2007, 11:27 AM
If we win, I don't care how we do it.

A quick-strike offense can work too. Teams won't be running long late drives against us if they're trying to catch up.

B-DON
07-31-2007, 11:33 AM

A quick-strike offense can work too. Teams won't be running long late drives against us if they're trying to catch up.

SHHHHHH Dont tell OP that. Scoring to fast is a bad thing. Yet if we arent scoring he complains. Op is the first fan i have ever heard complain about how we score. Really who the hell cares how we score as long as we get into the damn endzone.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:35 AM

SHHHHHH Dont tell OP that. Scoring to fast is a bad thing. Yet if we arent scoring he complains. Op is the first fan i have ever heard complain about how we score. Really who the hell cares how we score as long as we get into the damn endzone.

that's one way to do it- IF we score. I'd feel much better about the D if we can force teams to pass more than run. But even if we score quickly, it puts the D right back out on the field. In a close game, this strategy won't work because the other team would still be able to run. It only works if we can build up a lead.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
and how we score does matter cuz if we can't win the TOP battle this year will look an awful lot like last year.

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Crowell played in 12 games last season and the D wasn't any better in those games. McCargo missed 10 games last season and a lot of off-season conditioning- those are the things that allow 2nd year players to improve. DiGiorgio and Ellison played last year and the D wasn't any better when they were in there. I think Poz is probably physically superior to Fletch at this point, but it will take him time to catch up mentally and develop into a leadership role. Plus, you didn't even mention the loss of Clements (he's overrated and I'm glad we didn't overpay for him, but he's still better than anyone we currently have).

So I really don't see where this D is significantly better. Some improvement? Possibly. But we still won't be where we need to be on D.You put absolutely no weight into upside... Instead you judge everything by the best years of the players lost. Fletcher and Spikes would NOT make this a better D than it is right now... PLUS... today's D has much potential (upside if you will) whereas the old regime would continue to decline.

Clements... I don't feel we've lost anything when it comes to comparing the effort he gave in 2006 (Afterall... 2006 is what we're comparing 2007 against... Isn't it?). He didn't even want to get his uni dirty the entire 1st half of the season. He only showed for the last 8 games because he saw his bottom line was gonna take a hit. Overall, as it averaged out, Webster and company should have no problem matching Clements 2006.

Scumbag College
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
You can still use a 4 WR set and run a ball control offense...

Evans will draw alot of attention, with defenses also having to respect Parrish's big play abilities. That means alot of 1-1 with Price and Reed, maybe going up against the 3rd or 4th CBs. Factor in Lynch out of the backfield against LBs and/or a safety, the Bills could cause match up problems. With defenses knowing this, they could try to just prevent the long ball, letting JP, with an improved OLine, sit back in the pocket and dink and dunk teams to death.

ublinkwescore
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM

Or trying to prevent the game from going into overtime - especially if their D is tired.

ublinkwescore
07-31-2007, 11:44 AM

So I really don't see where this D is significantly better. Some improvement? Possibly. But we still won't be where we need to be on D.

That right there tells us all we need to know about you Op and this is why people on here get tired of reading your crap all the time.

FACT - YOU DON'T KNOW THAT ANY MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE ON HERE, OR IN OUR FRONT OFFICE OR COACHING STAFF - SO PLEASE STFU!!!

BAM
07-31-2007, 11:47 AM
:lolpoint: you guys

ddaryl
07-31-2007, 11:49 AM
so much for discussing the Sirius radio show and what was said

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:52 AM
That right there tells us all we need to know about you Op and this is why people on here get tired of reading your crap all the time.

FACT - YOU DON'T KNOW THAT ANY MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE ON HERE, OR IN OUR FRONT OFFICE OR COACHING STAFF - SO PLEASE STFU!!!

what's your ****ing problem? He said something- I disagreed and stated why. It was football related and I had some facts in there to back up my opinion. That's the point of a message board- discussion about football. He and I are having a civilized discussion and he doesn't seem bothered by it.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
You put absolutely no weight into upside... Instead you judge everything by the best years of the players lost. Fletcher and Spikes would NOT make this a better D than it is right now... PLUS... today's D has much potential (upside if you will) whereas the old regime would continue to decline.

Clements... I don't feel we've lost anything when it comes to comparing the effort he gave in 2006 (Afterall... 2006 is what we're comparing 2007 against... Isn't it?). He didn't even want to get his uni dirty the entire 1st half of the season. He only showed for the last 8 games because he saw his bottom line was gonna take a hit. Overall, as it averaged out, Webster and company should have no problem matching Clements 2006.

Potential- I'll give you, but potential doesn't equal results. The D sucked last year when Spikes and Fletcher were on the field and it sucked when Ellison and DiGiorgio were on the field. Will these guys get better? Maybe, but they might also hit a sophomore slump (Josh Reed has been in one for 4 years). The fact is that there was no significant addition of talent from last year- we got McCargo back and Poz, and that's it. So I don't think 1 year of player improvement is nearly enough to get this D where it needs to be.

Just because Fletch and Spikes aren't the answer anymore doesn't mean the guys we have are the answer. They were part of the problem last year too.

Mad Bomber
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
and how we score does matter cuz if we can't win the TOP battle this year will look an awful lot like last year.
If we spend any time in the no-huddle be assured that we won't lead in ToP, because you're getting plays off in 15-20 sec instead of 40. In the K-Gun we never had a higher ToP. My wife doesn't like football because "half the time they're standing around in the huddle", but she actually enjoyed watching the Bills' no-huddle attack.

I don't care about ToP as much as the score.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2007, 11:59 AM
And how many of those points came in the first part of the 4th quarter when we still had a lead? Remember the huge drives at the end of the Titans and Colts game? check the opponent's drive times in the 4th quarter and you'll see what I mean.

So why so few points allowed in the 3rd? If the other teams spent significant amounts of time witht he ball in the 4th, their points (should) be less than other quarters and at very least not lower than two of them!

superbills
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
so much for discussing the Sirius radio show and what was said

Another thread sabotaged by a pissing match :shakeno:

Yasgur's Farm
Potential- I'll give you, but potential doesn't equal results. The D sucked last year when Spikes and Fletcher were on the field and it sucked when Ellison and DiGiorgio were on the field. Will these guys get better? Maybe, but they might also hit a sophomore slump (Josh Reed has been in one for 4 years). The fact is that there was no significant addition of talent from last year- we got McCargo back and Poz, and that's it. So I don't think 1 year of player improvement is nearly enough to get this D where it needs to be.

Just because Fletch and Spikes aren't the answer anymore doesn't mean the guys we have are the answer. They were part of the problem last year too.I don't expect them to be elite... But I do feel there will be modest improvement. And that's all I can expect from 1 season to the next.

If we get modest improvemnet from both the D and The O... Maybe we win those 5 games we lost by less than 3.

In addition... the Bills are far more capable of gaining and keeping talent because we purged the books of dead weight.

OpIv37
So why so few points allowed in the 3rd? If the other teams spent significant amounts of time witht he ball in the 4th, their points (should) be less than other quarters and at very least not lower than two of them!

I don't have an answer to that but even at 10th in points we were allowing more points than we were scoring and not getting the ball back in the 4th to allow our O to try to score. Not allowing points is useless if you can't get off the field to score points yourself, and we couldn't last year. And we probably won't be able to do it this year either since the run D is no better.

BuffaloBillsStampede
Op is your typical guy that eventhough nobody ever agrees with him and everyone always tells him to shut his big mouth, the problem is eveybody else not him.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Op is your typical guy that eventhough nobody ever agrees with him and everyone always tells him to shut his big mouth, the problem is eveybody else not him.

wtf is wrong with people?

I'm trying to keep the posts football related and everyone keeps attacking me.

B-DON
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
If we spend any time in the no-huddle be assured that we won't lead in ToP, because you're getting plays off in 15-20 sec instead of 40. In the K-Gun we never had a higher ToP. My wife doesn't like football because "half the time they're standing around in the huddle", but she actually enjoyed watching the Bills' no-huddle attack.

I don't care about ToP as much as the score.

Exactly, Op is like Wys. They seem more interested in stats like rushing ypa on 2nd down in the 3rd qtr when down by 10. Who cares about TOP if we are winning games? Is that not logical?

PromoTheRobot
07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
They just finished the broadcast. Pat Kirwin asks to sum up the Bills in two words...the answer "Eight and eight". Did these guys flunk kindergarten?

PTR

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Exactly, Op is like Wys. They seem more interested in stats like rushing ypa on 2nd down in the 3rd qtr when down by 10. Who cares about TOP if we are winning games? Is that not logical?

last year we were LOSING games and one of the reasons is TOP.

I care about TOP because our run D is BAD and the fewer opportunities we give our opponets to run, the greater the likelihood of victory.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't usually see it this way, but I'll give OP some props here in this thread.

Yes... he is incessantly negative. But he's been keeping it abouit football and not making personal attacks.

B-DON
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
last year we were LOSING games and one of the reasons is TOP.

I care about TOP because our run D is BAD and the fewer opportunities we give our opponets to run, the greater the likelihood of victory.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Its obvious u care about TOP. But if we are scoring who cares how long they have the ball. As long as we take care of business on offense then they can eat up a whole half for all i care. You think the colts are worrying about TOP? Doubt it. They just score and tell you to keep up. Now they have a ring to show for it.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Its obvious u care about TOP. But if we are scoring who cares how long they have the ball. As long as we take care of business on offense then they can eat up a whole half for all i care. You think the colts are worrying about TOP? Doubt it. They just score and tell you to keep up. Now they have a ring to show for it.

It doesn't work like that. If we score quickly and the score is 7-0, they can still run and make it 7-7 or 7-3. If we score quickly again on the second possession, it might be 14-3, but at this point the first quarter is almost over and our D has already been on the field over 10 minutes and is preparing to go back on the field, and the lead isn't big enough to take running out of the equasion yet.....

You can't sustain that pace for a full game. That's why "bend but don't break" D's break in the end- they get tired.

So, unless we can control the ball and give the D a break, it DOES matter tremendously.

B-DON
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
It doesn't work like that. If we score quickly and the score is 7-0, they can still run and make it 7-7 or 7-3. If we score quickly again on the second possession, it might be 14-3, but at this point the first quarter is almost over and our D has already been on the field over 10 minutes and is preparing to go back on the field, and the lead isn't big enough to take running out of the equasion yet.....

You can't sustain that pace for a full game. That's why "bend but don't break" D's break in the end- they get tired.

So, unless we can control the ball and give the D a break, it DOES matter tremendously.

I understand the importance of TOP, But your making it out to be more important then the actual score. If you win TOP, you dont always win. I would rather have a 14-3 lead with a tired D, then a 14-14 tie with a fresh d and a hand up in TOP anyday.

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
I understand the importance of TOP, But your making it out to be more important then the actual score. If you win TOP, you dont always win. I would rather have a 14-3 lead with a tired D, then a 14-14 tie with a fresh d and a hand up in TOP anyday.

obviously you want the lead but my concern is being able to protect it, or if we're not in the lead, being able to get the ball back to do something about it.

The D just makes me incredibly nervous so anything we can do to keep the D off the field is a good thing.

B-DON
07-31-2007, 12:26 PM
obviously you want the lead but my concern is being able to protect it, or if we're not in the lead, being able to get the ball back to do something about it.

The D just makes me incredibly nervous so anything we can do to keep the D off the field is a good thing.

Honestly, this D scares me a little too. That is my reasoning for not really caring about TOP right now. I just want this offense to put up as many points, as fast as possible so we dont have to worry about the other team trying to wear our D down.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Drop the P and will find the stat that correlates most closely with winning: TO(s). I'd love for our D to force a bunch of them, and I think it might.

Philagape
07-31-2007, 12:42 PM

And then the Bills switch to a ball-control offense, pounding all three backs. I can't wait to see what Wright does in the second half with fresh legs. The Bills keep defenses guessing by mixing up their looks.

Practicing 4 WRs sets says nothing about how or when we're going to use them. It just means that we're preparing to do it well when we do. Have to practice to get better, right??

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 12:56 PM
If anyone is interested, I am capturing the audio from the second 2 hours of the Bills camp show today. I wasn't around for the first hour and missed part of a Priest Holmes discussion in the beginning of the second hour, but I got the rest. The only trick is I need somewhere to put the files. They are going to be around 50-60 MB each (standard MP3 audio) If anyone has somewhere I can put these things, I'll post them for your listening pleasure. Puz is on right now :up:

please do that.. i was able to listen up till poz was on.. so i would love to catch the rest.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 01:13 PM
so it looks like the thread went to **** as soon as i stopped posting info on the interviews and OP started posting..

does anyone have any info on what Pos said or anyone else they might have interviewed?

raphael120
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
This is one thing I will have to disagree with you on, Op.

Spreading the defense, which is what running 4 WR's and having that HB back there is all about doing whatever the defense gives you. I've seen some huge plays happen because you spread out the defense so much and you have a RB that can make people miss (Lynch's big MO) and you can make some huge gains just by running the ball. This is what they're trying to do in Pittsburgh too. The bonus is, even though Reed is a piss poor reciever at times, he's awesome at blocking, and this is where he can shine, in the running plays out of 4 wide. I'm personally very anxious to see how this goes because we have that RB threat again that we haven't had in quite awhile, and we also hopefully have that Oline that can get the job done. You have to admit, Peters and Dockery on that one side is going to be awesome. And if our right side of the line is weak, it'll be good to have that one really good side because the Dline will be concerned with attacking that point leaving open opportunities to run it up both sides.

I'll leave up the final judgement to how the preseason goes, it's all about execution. I know we were very excited about things last season too and alot of the things that the FO was touting turned out not to be as they said and it was a disapointment, so yeah, I'm cautious, but also if they end up putting up some points, JP and Lynch can move the chains...keyword CONSISTANTLY...and our D plays well in preseason, i think there is much to be optimistic about.

Mitchy moo
07-31-2007, 01:19 PM
This is one thing I will have to disagree with you on, Op.

Spreading the defense, which is what running 4 WR's and having that HB back there is all about doing whatever the defense gives you. I've seen some huge plays happen because you spread out the defense so much and you have a RB that can make people miss (Lynch's big MO) and you can make some huge gains just by running the ball. This is what they're trying to do in Pittsburgh too. The bonus is, even though Reed is a piss poor reciever at times, he's awesome at blocking, and this is where he can shine, in the running plays out of 4 wide. I'm personally very anxious to see how this goes because we have that RB threat again that we haven't had in quite awhile, and we also hopefully have that Oline that can get the job done. You have to admit, Peters and Dockery on that one side is going to be awesome. And if our right side of the line is weak, it'll be good to have that one really good side because the Dline will be concerned with attacking that point leaving open opportunities to run it up both sides.

I'll leave up the final judgement to how the preseason goes, it's all about execution. I know we were very excited about things last season too and alot of the things that the FO was touting turned out not to be as they said and it was a disapointment, so yeah, I'm cautious, but also if they end up putting up some points, JP and Lynch can move the chains...keyword CONSISTANTLY...and our D plays well in preseason, i think there is much to be optimistic about.

Gapping holes will be open on the left side, Lynch will be in them as well.

superbills
07-31-2007, 01:25 PM
please do that.. i was able to listen up till poz was on.. so i would love to catch the rest.

Looks like JJamez beat me to it :respect:

raphael120
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Gapping holes will be open on the left side, Lynch will be in them as well.

Right. Peters is the real deal, and pair him with Dockery who could be average himself, and pair them together and I think you got a real force.

raphael120
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
It's just nice to know that we dont have bargain basement players on the Oline (for the most part).

ublinkwescore
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
let's get back on topic.

mikemac2001
07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
a formation from which it is difficult to run encourages the pass. If a passing offense goes 3 and out, it will take almost no time off the clock. If a passing offense scores, generally the score occurs quickly without a sustained drive (look at the Bills of the early 90's or even last year's team that relied on the big pass play).

This puts additional pressure on the D. Tasker said the formation will be used several times a possession- that's certainly enough to have an impact on TOP.

Best part of 4wr is op hates it

ALso Op 4 wr could spread the D and allow us to mix in a draw to throw off the D keeping them on there heals more...you dont look at plus of the 4wr just negative comments....ive never seemed someone more negative and always have the right answer to every discussion

OpIv37
07-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Best part of 4wr is op hates it

ALso Op 4 wr could spread the D and allow us to mix in a draw to throw off the D keeping them on there heals more...you dont look at plus of the 4wr just negative comments....ive never seemed someone more negative and always have the right answer to every discussion

I don't think we have good personnel for a 4 wr offense and I don't like the fact that a 4 wr offense encourages pass over run. Like I said before- the longer we keep our D off the field, the better.

BidsJr
07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think we have good personnel for a 4 wr offense and I don't like the fact that a 4 wr offense encourages pass over run. Like I said before- the longer we keep our D off the field, the better.

Tunnel Vision

:spam:

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2007, 03:59 PM
While it's true we don't have a true #2 WR, we have 3 very good #3's. Therfore the Bills 4 WR set could be potent.

mikemac2001
07-31-2007, 04:50 PM

Ya and ricky proel and az hakim were top notch WR's in a 4 spread offense...its not all about players its how they mesh on the field...i feel we have a nice combo of Talent Experience size and speed with our wr's

how can you knock something already...i could understand if it was just horrendus in preseason or something.

Give it a chance...i see your point about keeping D off the field...but with scoring we put more pressure on there offense and then it does allow us to bring in our big backs and wear them down since we can play however style we want on offense

So dont judge everything with your feelings

HAMMER
07-31-2007, 07:36 PM
so it looks like the thread went to **** as soon as i stopped posting info on the interviews and OP started posting..

does anyone have any info on what Pos said or anyone else they might have interviewed?

He destroys most threads. It's like he thinks that no one knows how he feels yet, like we haven't heard him say the exact same things at least a few hundred times, probably more. He talks about insanity and saying the same thing over and over, look in the mirror psycho boy.

justasportsfan
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
It has nothing to do with me.

It has to do with the quality of the receivers on the team- I'm not saying anything all that new or outrageous. Parrish is undersized, Price has had one good season over his entire career and Reed has never lived up to expectations. It's no big secret that the drop-off at receiver after Evans is huge.
you're making bulldogs point. You talk like you know our recievers so well enough to say they don't fit what the coaches are saying.

BTW, I'm waiting for you to tell us that MArv is blowing smoke up our arse in praising JP.