PDA

View Full Version : injury bug striking teams already

billsburgh
07-31-2007, 12:54 PM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jaguars center Brad Meester broke a bone in his right foot and will be sidelined at least eight weeks, the team's first significant injury this season.

Meester was scheduled to have surgery Wednesday.

Meester, who has started 108 games for Jacksonville in seven years, injured his foot during the team's first full-pads practice Monday night. The Jags initially thought it was just a sprain, but tests later determined a more severe injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2955907

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Frank Gore, the San Francisco 49ers Pro Bowl running back, broke a bone in his right hand Monday during the first padded practice of training camp and might not play in the preseason.

Gore was injured during a non-contact ball-handling drill, and coach Mike Nolan said he would not practice with the team for the remainder of the week. Gore will be re-evaluated next Monday, and Nolan expects him to return to practice then with a cast on his hand.

"He'll be ready for the latter part of preseason, but his participating in the preseason, we'll wait and see on that," Nolan said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2955335

cocamide
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Definitally the worst thing about preseason. I hope we can stay healthy.

Tatonka
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah.. it sucks that the season can go to absolute trash with just one or two key injuries... losman, evans, lynch..

fortunately, the team has done a good job attempting to give us some depth.. wr depth is a concern, and though edwards looks like a perfect back up in a year.. thinking of him as a rookie out there is no good.. wright and thomas could carry the load at RB i am sure..

on D.. if mcgee went down.. or schobel.. .or tripplett.. oh god.

Scumbag College
07-31-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah.. it sucks that the season can go to absolute trash with just one or two key injuries... losman, evans, lynch..

fortunately, the team has done a good job attempting to give us some depth.. wr depth is a concern, and though edwards looks like a perfect back up in a year.. thinking of him as a rookie out there is no good.. wright and thomas could carry the load at RB i am sure..

on D.. if mcgee went down.. or schobel.. .or tripplett.. oh god.

On D as well, the Bills depth at LB is paper thin. If Ellison, Poz, or Crowell goes down... well say hello to your new starting LB, DiGiorgio, Coy Wire, or Stamer.

ddaryl
07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Definitally the worst thing about preseason. I hope we can stay healthy.

you better be knockin all kinds of wood (I don't mean it that way)

Carlton Bailey
07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Or imagine if Derrick Dockery goes down. Talk about the OL being right back to square one. The worst-case scenario, in my opinion, is to have either Peters, Dockery, Losman or Evans get severely injured.

Saratoga Slim
07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
On D as well, the Bills depth at LB is paper thin. If Ellison, Poz, or Crowell goes down... well say hello to your new starting LB, DiGiorgio, Coy Wire, or Stamer.

I actually don't think it would be the end of the world if DiGiorgio or Wire had to start at LB for a couple games.