PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman and the sad truth...

RedEyE
07-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Let's say that Losman succeeds, breaks team records, and manages to tuck away enough wins to get Buffalo multiple playoff appearances. Bonus?! Right?

Hardly!

The way this media works and plays on the minds of others, JP Losman will always be known as a arrogant ***** with only one person in mind - himself.

Why?

Well, that's what sells stories, magazines, commercials etc... That is really what earned him a bouncing invite to the 1st round of the draft (well that and Donahoe's desperation to draft a QB - a mild sedative for missing out on Rothlisberger).

Certain people (a majority of people) will believe in what's fed to them rather than formulating their own opinion.

Losman's tie with fame will always be what the media wanted you to believe he was in college. A cocky, arrgoant, free spoken individual that's on it all for himself. And this is precisely what I hear from others around me that don't know one sensible piece of information about Losman or the Buffalo Bills.

Honestly, I've NEVER seen it. Even before he was drafted by Buffalo the interviews and the playouts all looked relatively normal to me. Sure some of the editing was placed just so that you might have gotten a sense of arrogance from his comments. But all in all what I saw was a kid that had confidence in himself and his abilities and the drive to do it better. And that is a quality found in most winners. You have to say it and believe it before it comes true. Losman is doing only that.

Sadly, the media will harp on this if JP does find success on the football field one day. It will be annoying, despicable and down right idiotic at times. If he finds a great amount of success, other new upcominig QBs with similar attributes might even be compared to the likes of the Buffalo QB. it could end up being a qualified discussion most of us would find Bruschi-esque.

Carlton Bailey
07-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Who cares as long as Losman wins the Bills games and keeps giving back off the field? If JP starts fighting dogs, then we as fans should have a problem with him. But that's not going to happen.

B-DON
07-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Umm, ok.

Goobylal
07-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Success makes people forget/forgive/ignore the bad stuff about someone, as long as that person isn't continually making an arse of him/herself.

Philagape
07-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Mid 80s all over again.

cocamide
07-31-2007, 09:02 PM
If he brings success to Buffalo I don't care what people think about him. We know the truth and that's all that matters.

chernobylwraiths
07-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Actually, I heard on GR this afternoon that both Mike Schopp and Brad Riter were both on JP's side. Paul Hamilton (both Sabres and Bills beat reporter) said that JP was a guy that many didn't like. They didn't know if he meant fans or players and both respectfully disagreed. They both said that if he kept improving, everyone would love the guy. While they disagreed on how he sounded sometimes (Riter said JP sometimes sounded like a kid who just said what was on his mind while Mike said he kind of sounded incoherent at times) they both thought he was a guy that fans definitely could and do like.

And we all know how much GR likes the Bills. Although Marv being on the morning show twice in the last two weeks can go a bit of a way in changing their opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
07-31-2007, 09:08 PM
I love JP's attitude... **** the media!

Carlton Bailey
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Paul Hamilton's a ****ing idiot who should just stick to covering hockey. He's still judging JP from his days at Tulane. People change, Paul. Now go inhale another sheet cake.

Gunzlingr
07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
I have loved everything I have read or heard from him.

duhbilz
08-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Let's say that Losman succeeds, breaks team records, and manages to tuck away enough wins to get Buffalo multiple playoff appearances. Bonus?! Right?

Hardly!

The way this media works and plays on the minds of others, JP Losman will always be known as a arrogant ***** with only one person in mind - himself.

Why?

Well, that's what sells stories, magazines, commercials etc... That is really what earned him a bouncing invite to the 1st round of the draft (well that and Donahoe's desperation to draft a QB - a mild sedative for missing out on Rothlisberger).

Certain people (a majority of people) will believe in what's fed to them rather than formulating their own opinion.

Losman's tie with fame will always be what the media wanted you to believe he was in college. A cocky, arrgoant, free spoken individual that's on it all for himself. And this is precisely what I hear from others around me that don't know one sensible piece of information about Losman or the Buffalo Bills.

Honestly, I've NEVER seen it. Even before he was drafted by Buffalo the interviews and the playouts all looked relatively normal to me. Sure some of the editing was placed just so that you might have gotten a sense of arrogance from his comments. But all in all what I saw was a kid that had confidence in himself and his abilities and the drive to do it better. And that is a quality found in most winners. You have to say it and believe it before it comes true. Losman is doing only that.

Sadly, the media will harp on this if JP does find success on the football field one day. It will be annoying, despicable and down right idiotic at times. If he finds a great amount of success, other new upcominig QBs with similar attributes might even be compared to the likes of the Buffalo QB. it could end up being a qualified discussion most of us would find Bruschi-esque.

....welcome to the NFL!

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Paul Hamilton's a ****ing idiot who should just stick to covering hockey. He's still judging JP from his days at Tulane. People change, Paul. Now go inhale another sheet cake.

:roflmao: