PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Anybody here been to camp a few times? Ive gone a few times now, and the player that has been standing out to me the most is Roscoe Parrish. I know how small he is, and a jam at the line, and blocking might not be in his favor, however he is playing too damn good right now to ignore him and not put him at #2. Hes not only making catches by using great moves and then his speed, hes also using his body well and making tough catches in traffic. JP and Roscoe also seem to be developing some chemistry. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Roscoe climb the depth chart.

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Another Stud pick from TD

Just watch Roscoe and Kevin Eve break out this year

we would all have to thank TD for some solid O picks

BTW i hate TD (the GM and the poster)

Michael82
08-01-2007, 01:03 AM
In my camp reports, I mentioned Roscoe quite a few times. He's been very impressive and not just with JP. With any of the QBs. I could see him pushing for the #2 job opposite Lee Evans....

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2007, 01:22 AM
I saw Reed droppin passes again at night practice, hes at least got #3 wrapped up

jamesiscool
08-01-2007, 01:33 AM
every camp that roscoes been in he's looked impressive. first year he was the talk of camp till he got injured. last year he was super impressive in camp, then he was underutilized in the offense.

THIS year he looks impressive but maybe the coaches will actually get it and start giving him the ball.

his playmaking ability is undeniable but if the man doesnt get the ball he will never make any plays.

get it right coaches. give roscoe the mother ****ing rock!

Mr. Pink
08-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Roscoe Parrish is what he is...

An excellent punt returner and a guy who can stretch the field. To all you people who think we're on the verge of a Rams-esque offense, what Parrish's role should be is similiar to what Az Zahir Hakim's role was.

Stretch the field, pull safeties deep, catch short intermediate routes and rack up RAC yards. The only problem is we don't have a WR opposite Evans yet, to truly make our pass offense that effect.

Tatonka
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
parrish is a free agent after this season, correct?

Philagape
08-01-2007, 09:48 AM
parrish is a free agent after this season, correct?

after 2008, according to clump's page

Bill Brasky
08-01-2007, 09:53 AM
parrish has been awesome in every camp throughout his career. until he brings "it" to the actual regular season games, i could care less. show me something when it matters.

Philagape
08-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't think we'll ever see Parrish as a starter, nor should we. A starter needs to be able to block. His most effective role will be from the slot in three-WR sets, which I expect to see a lot of this season.

mayotm
08-01-2007, 10:24 AM
parrish has been awesome in every camp throughout his career. until he brings "it" to the actual regular season games, i could care less. show me something when it matters.He made plays last year when given the opportunity. The coaching staff needs to figure out ways to get him more involved.

OpIv37
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
He made plays last year when given the opportunity. The coaching staff needs to figure out ways to get him more involved.

the key with him is getting him in open space. He's fast and shifty enough to get YAC, but he's not going to break any tackles win any jump balls. That's why the slot is a better fit than a #2 receiver- a 3 WR set spreads the D and creates more space for him to operate.

baalworship
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
I went to training camp for the first time last night and this is what the wide receivers looked like:

Lee Evans
Roscoe Parrish

Everybody else.

Night Train
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
He's looked bettter than everyone not named Lee Evans. Yet it's hard to get past how freakin' tiny he is in person. You start thinking one solid hit may kill him.

baalworship
08-01-2007, 11:22 AM
If he can become a faster, quicker Wayne Chrebet I would be happy. Chrebet was a great player that always kept the chains moving and he was tiny also.

BAM
08-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I now weigh 4.5 pounds more than Parrish.

:lolpoint: small guys

Gotta love his heart. I hope he gets 100x more opportunities than last year.

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Every training camp the same thing......

He's a preseason legend.

Michael82
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM
I went to training camp for the first time last night and this is what the wide receivers looked like:

Lee Evans
Roscoe Parrish

Everybody else.
That's exactly the problem. :sigh:

RedEyE
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Whose been lining up on Roscoe? That's where the focus should be, not solely on his abilities.

One of my primary concerns this year is the state of the CBs. Not to take anything away from Roscoe, but this concerns me deeply.

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Every training camp the same thing......

He's a preseason legend.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=105439&highlight=Roscoe+Parrish

BAM
08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Maybe he's trying too hard.

I just read that he was taken out of practice due to possible dehydration.

At least he's giving his all I suppose!

cordog
08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I think Roscoe could have a very good year. Improved line, a running back that can catch and more involvement for the TE in the passing game could open some things up for Roscoe.