PDA

View Full Version : Watching Lynch last night

historypete
08-01-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm working camp here and last night was the first time I was actually able to watch practice, and the one thing I noticed about Lynch that really stood out was his Blocking Ability. On a few plays they had Whitner coming off the edge and Lynch stood him up each time.

It was good to see him pick up the blitz, know where he was supposed to be, and then sustain his block not just chip the guy or pull a McGahee and completely miss him.

With this kids ability to catch and cut on a dime his presence alone, I think, will allow this offense to be much more explosive than most of us already thought it could be.

Meathead
08-01-2007, 08:58 AM
mcgahee coulda done that

hahahaha

wait lemme try again

dannyek71
08-01-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm working camp here

Where are you working?

lordofgun
08-01-2007, 09:16 AM
:bf1:

Calmatteye
08-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Cal Fan here, and new Bills Fan :).

Obviously, I'm a little biased with Marshawn, but he really does everything well. Jeff Tedford multiple times called him the best football player he's ever coached or been around. He's extremly tough (played on two sprained ankles in many games), can throw the ball 70 yards, blocks, catches, has sub 4.5 speed and I can't stress this enough...He is probably the toughest RB to tackle after contact that i've ever seen. I am so amped to read about him in camp now that pads are on. He will separate himself from the pack even further.

Does anyone have any other reports since camp started?

OpIv37
08-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Obviously, I'm a little biased with Marshawn, but he really does everything well. Jeff Tedford multiple times called him the best football player he's ever coached or been around. He's extremly tough (played on two sprained ankles in many games), can throw the ball 70 yards, blocks, catches, has sub 4.5 speed and I can't stress this enough...He is probably the toughest RB to tackle after contact that i've ever seen. I am so amped to read about him in camp now that pads are on. He will separate himself from the pack even further.

go to the homepage at http://www.billszone.com/

Mikey writes a report every day that he doesn't sleep in and miss camp.

ddaryl
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
One thing that hurt our O the last couple of years was the inability to pick up the blitz, and much of that fell on his shoulders.

historypete
08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Where are you working?

I'm one of the poor saps who gets to stand out in the sun all day. It is a security job and we get moved around to different posts each day. It is a pretty cool job actually.

Night Train
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
He sure looked good to me. Wright also.

Elminster
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh God, you just reminded me what McGahee's pass protection looks like. I'll never forget that play against the Carp last year where McGahee completely missed the blitzer. How anyone could throw such a sorry block is beyond me. Glad to hear what we're all thinking looks to be true: Marshawn Lynch is actually a competent running back and does more than dance in the backfield.....

The last buffalo fan
08-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Where are you working?

I'm one of the poor saps who gets to stand out in the sun all day. It is a security job and we get moved around to different posts each day. It is a pretty cool job actually.

:cool: :up:

eyedog
08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Now do some of you still want Lynch splitting time with A-Train ? I sure as hell don't. A couple of breather carries and plays but I want Lynch on the field.

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 12:52 PM

Welcome aboard the Bills Train!

Meathead
08-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Now do some of you still want Lynch splitting time with A-Train ? I sure as hell don't. A couple of breather carries and plays but I want Lynch on the field.
While it seems obvious that rookie Marshawn Lynch will be the No. 1 back on the team, Bills coach Dick Jauron is standing firm on the issue: The Bills will run a backs-by-committee approach this year.

“Regardless of who the No. 1 [back] is, we do still intend to run the ball by committee,” Jauron said. “We think it’s better for our team over the long haul.”

“As we get good enough to win consistently and fight our way hopefully into a playoff spot, you want to be healthy at that point in the year,” Jauron said. “A guy that gets overburdened carrying the ball constantly at that position will take so many more shots. We’d like to run it by committee.”

not only that rookies WILL have brainfarts at inopportune times. it only takes two or three of those all season by anyone on the team to make the difference between playoffs and a fourth place finish. in critical complex situations id have no problem putting atrain in until marshawn gets a little more experience under his belt

PECKERWOOD
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM

I think splitting time between the backs is a great thing. This will give Marshawn a chance to ease into the role of being a feature back. Plus, I wanna see if A-Train and Wright can bring it this year.

ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2007, 01:31 PM
I can't stress this enough...He is probably the toughest RB to tackle after contact that i've ever seen.

That would be refreshing after watching McGahee go down if someone blew on him. Wait....bad choice of words......ahhh you know what I mean.

TigerJ
08-04-2007, 02:38 PM
There was another Bills running back who could run, catch, and block superbly, and he's going into the hall of fame today. I don't know that Thurman was all that great at passing the ball, and Lynch is both bigger and faster than Thurman. It's all good, man.

X-Era
08-04-2007, 03:26 PM
mcgahee coulda done that

hahahaha

wait lemme try again

McGahee was a pro-bowler at the lookout block.

When a rusher came at him, he'd turn around and yell "look out!"