X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

McGahee's subtle shot at Jauron

Willis McGahee has been tossing out subtle shots about the Bills the past few months, and his latest came in a Baltimore Sun Q&A with him. In the brief three question piece the final question asked him what he thought of Ravens training camp and here was his answer.

"It's a smarter training camp," said McGahee. "[Coach Brian Billick] focuses on making sure we learn. Everyone can go out there and hit, but he wants to make sure we learn and get all the little things down."

More ammunition for week 7 as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure you all saw how McGahee got jacked up on his first carry by rookie LB Prescott Burgess in Ravens camp. He got hit so hard he fumbled. Gotta love it.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: McGahee's subtle shot at Jauron

McGahee being a passive-agressive jackass? Who saw that one coming?

Is that video online anywhere?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I wish I would have seem that video.

Comment

• M
        • Aug 2006

Well, to learn you have to read the playbook. Maybe someone forgot to tell McGahee that.
        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

Maybe he's right. Jauron went to Yale and probably had a difficult time dumbing things down enough so McGahee could understand. Billick probably color codes things, uses the names of fruits for the different plays, and doesn't use any word over two syllables.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by CTBills97
            Well, to learn you have to read the playbook. Maybe someone forgot to tell McGahee that.
            He went to "Duhhhh U"- he doesn't know how to read. When he said Billick makes sure he learns, he probably meant that Billick's playbook is all pictures and no words.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

"It's a smarter training camp," said McGahee. "[Coach Brian Billick] focuses on making sure we learn. Everyone can go out there and hit, but he wants to make sure we learn and get all the little things down."
              Translation: The flash cards are WAAAY cooler

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Dear Jackass,

You would have learned if you knew how to read and/or you attended the OTA's instead of hanging with other thugs from "The U". Furthermore, it seemes as if everybody else knew the plays and in fact instructed you on what to do.

Translation: You are a moron.

Have a nice day!

Dr. Lecter
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

is he on the Bills anymore? who cares. honestly. why do buffalo sports fans have to sit and dwell over skeletons in the closet?

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Cant wait till Poz gives him a subtle shot

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• duhbilz
                      S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
                      • Jul 2007

Not defending Willis here, but whats he supposed to say, my new team sucks and the coaches are idiots? Ofcourse he's gonna back his new coach. Would the fans here make an issure if Dockery made the same statement about Juron and Gibbs? No, they'd be thrilled. The interview was done in Baltimore, not Buffalo, so how can it be considered a "shot" when he was doing an interview for his home team paper. It sounds to me as if the attitude he had in Buffalo he's trying to correct in Baltimore, it sounds like the kinda response you want to read from your starting RB. Besides Billick is a SB winning HC and Juron isn't. Is it just possible that Billick does run a better camp?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by duhbilz
                        Not defending Willis here, but whats he supposed to say, my new team sucks and the coaches are idiots? Ofcourse he's gonna back his new coach. Would the fans here make an issure if Dockery made the same statement about Juron and Gibbs? No, they'd be thrilled. Besides Billick is a SB winning HC and Juron isn't. Is it just possible that Billick does run a better camp?
                        He can compliment Billick without knocking Jauron.

And he is the last person to complain about being able to learn when he never put in the 100% effort to learn while he was here.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• duhbilz
                          S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          He can compliment Billick without knocking Jauron.

And he is the last person to complain about being able to learn when he never put in the 100% effort to learn while he was here.
                          So if he thinks the camp in Baltimore is run better then the camp in Buffalo he's not allowed to say that because somehow, someone will consider that a shot at Juron? Again is it not possible that it's true and if it's not...who cares? I think it's sad that everything McGahee say's can be twisted to suit some people. If he had made a direct statement calling Juron a bad coach, then I would consider that a shot, but comparing one camp to another in one players opinion isn't taking a shot, it's an obsevation.

Like I've said many times before, I'm not defending Willis's attitude while in Buffalo, god knows it needed work, but to look for every little thing you can find to knock a player that's no longer in Buffalo smacks of bitterness. The best thing you can do to show dislike for him is ignore him and forget he every played in Buffalo, not print everything he say's then complain about it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by duhbilz
                            So if he thinks the camp in Baltimore is run better then the camp in Buffalo he's not allowed to say that because somehow, someone will consider that a shot at Juron? Again is it not possible that it's true and if it's not...who cares? I think it's sad that everything McGahee say's can be twisted to suit some people. If he had made a direct statement calling Juron a bad coach, then I would consider that a shot, but comparing one camp to another in one players opinion isn't taking a shot, it's an obsevation.

Like I've said many times before, I'm not defending Willis's attitude while in Buffalo, god knows it needed work, but to look for every little thing you can find to knock a player that's no longer in Buffalo smacks of bitterness. The best thing you can do to show dislike for him is ignore him and forget he every played in Buffalo, not print everything he say's then complain about it.
                            while I agree that there is too much bitterness towards McGahee at times, I have to wonder why you insist on defending a player who a) isn't on the Bills anymore, and b) had a bad attitude and never played up to his potential when he is in Buffalo.

McGahee didn't put in the effort in Buffalo and took cheap parting shots after his trade- he deserves whatever vitriol Bills fans heap on him.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              while I agree that there is too much bitterness towards McGahee at times, I have to wonder why you insist on defending a player who a) isn't on the Bills anymore, and b) had a bad attitude and never played up to his potential when he is in Buffalo.

McGahee didn't put in the effort in Buffalo and took cheap parting shots after his trade- he deserves whatever vitriol Bills fans heap on him.

Shhh its willis

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X