PDA

View Full Version : With a more mature Losman, Bills will be better

cocamide
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10277058

Wally The Barber
08-01-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10277058

A real nice article about the 2007-08 Buffalo Bills!

HAMMER
08-01-2007, 11:53 AM
"The Bills won the time of possession battle in 12 of 16 games last year" Shhhhhhh, don't tell Op.

The last buffalo fan
08-01-2007, 12:05 PM
"The Bills won the time of possession battle in 12 of 16 games last year" Shhhhhhh, don't tell Op.

That's exactly what I heard last year, but wasn't sure about it (plus Opi complaining and assuring the opposite).

Night Train
08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
WHAHHHHHHH ! He doesn't love us unconditionally !

Most fair..

madness
08-01-2007, 12:10 PM

:spit:

ddaryl
08-01-2007, 12:29 PM
That was a good and fair evaluation. The 8-8 perdicition surpasses would prove to me that htis team is heading n the right direction. Lose three vets in Spikes, Fletcher, and Clements and gain a win this season would actually be a pretty good accomplishment.

Heck matching last years record with the youth movement would still be an accomplishment worthy of excitement for our future..

raphael120
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Nice to see the bills on the front page of NFL.com for a GOOD story this time.

Scumbag College
08-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Fair article. I really haven't been too concerned about the losses this offseason besides Nate, and I really think the Bills front office isn't truly sweating it either. I think Kirwan gets it that the improved O Line will help not only the offensive skilled position players, but also help build on improving TOP which will help the young defense. (I had no idea that the Bills had more TOP in 12 games last year.) 8-8 is fair, but I really think they could sneak up on people and if they find away to steal one from the Pats, could end up at 10-6.

ublinkwescore
08-01-2007, 12:45 PM
We're going 10-6 people.

BILLIEVE!!!

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree that Losman is going to be better this year. If he isn't, he probably won't be here after the season.

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM

Ops Response...O because our D was so bad they scored so quick all the time and thats the reason we always had the ball

duhbilz
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Good positive read about the youth in Buffalo, but this quote is wrong:

a quarterback that led his team to a 5-3 record in the last eight games

The Bills were 4-4 that last 8 games.

cocamide
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Mods, can we get these threads merged?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=131260

Thanks

HHURRICANE
08-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Great article with key points:

1) If the Bills admit that they are small at DT and will struggle against the run, why do people on this board not believe it? Enough already.

2) Losman looks like the real deal.

3) Walker wasn't getting a contract because they didn't like him. So why did we accept a trade for him in the first place?

Bling
08-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Enough with the Op bashing guys. If I was a mod, I'd warn you all. It's getting out of hand.

Dr. Lecter
08-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow.

Bling is right.

Let's talk about JP in this thread.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Enough with the Op bashing guys. If I was a mod, I'd warn you all. It's getting out of hand.
Let's just give Bling a warning for the hell of it.

:snicker:

madness
08-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow.

Bling is right.

Let's talk about JP in this thread.

That makes sense. Obviously JP thinks thinks the Bills will have a really good shot of putting together a successful season.

Pinkerton Security
08-01-2007, 02:16 PM
That makes sense. Obviously JP thinks thinks the Bills will have a really good shot of putting together a successful season.

genius:laughing:

Wally The Barber
08-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I am glad to see a fairly optumistic thread!

Wally The Barber
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Fair article. I really haven't been too concerned about the losses this offseason besides Nate, and I really think the Bills front office isn't truly sweating it either. I think Kirwan gets it that the improved O Line will help not only the offensive skilled position players, but also help build on improving TOP which will help the young defense. (I had no idea that the Bills had more TOP in 12 games last year.) 8-8 is fair, but I really think they could sneak up on people and if they find away to steal one from the Pats, could end up at 10-6.

The players never become truly great unless you lose them....that is the way they always look at Buffalo.

Willis is like GOD now and could not even get a line last year from the media!

Wally The Barber
08-01-2007, 02:28 PM

I like 11-5

HAMMER
08-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Yeah but you can't because you barely have pubic hair and your a Phish fan, bug off.

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
While the Bills went 7-9 last year, they also went 3-3 in the AFC East and gave up an average of 16 points per game in those six division games. They swept the Dolphins, split with the Jets and got swept by the Patriots. When I looked inside the Buffalo losses last season, five of them were by three points or less. A number of players felt 10 wins was realistic, and if they just go 3-2 in the games they lost by three points or less, then 10 wins happens.

The Bills won the time of possession battle in 12 of their 16 games last year, and with a better, more experienced offensive line, it is reasonable to expect the Bills to do it again. Last year, the Bills scored less than 21 points in each of their first seven games and they absolutely need to start faster in '07.

My question about the Bills as I leave camp is more about identifying playmakers. Lee Evans is a big-time player but he stands alone. On defense, there are a number of very solid players but no Bruce Smith. I have to figure the team ends up 8-8. Keep in mind, last year Buffalo played San Diego and Indianapolis to the wire and lost. This year, the Bills will find a way to win an extra game like that and it will have a lot to do with Losman leading a two-minute drill or two, which I see as the difference in this team.

:homer: :bf1:

Wally The Barber
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
:homer: :bf1:

I would not count Roscoe out just yet!