PDA

View Full Version : these are your 2008-2009 Buffalo Sabres

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Regier: Sabres' roster good to go
Today's signing of Nathan Paetsch gives the Sabres a complete roster, and GM Darcy Regier isn't afraid to go into battle with the 13 forwards, seven defensemen and two goalies he has right now.

"I think it probably is a strong possibility that this is the group we will start the season with," Regier told The Buffalo News today.

The Sabres' salary-cap number is at about $46.13 million. That's more than $2 million over what they spent last season, when they went right up to the cap. The ceiling was raised to $50.3 million for the upcoming season.

So as managing partner Larry Quinn projected before the team lost co-captains Daniel Briere and Chris Drury, the Sabres will spend more than last season, but stay well below the max.

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/2007/07/regier-sabres-r.html

SabreEleven
08-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Can we play the 07-08 season before we worry about 08 and 09?

Michael82
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
:ill:

Nighthawk
08-01-2007, 05:55 PM
:ill:

Shhh, no negative thinking on this board! Don't you know?

BlackMetalNinja
08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Shhh, no negative thinking on this board! Don't you know?

Now you're just confusing me... I could have sworn you guys had it where it was only negative thinking in here?!?!?

Crisis
08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Now you're just confusing me... I could have sworn you guys had it where it was only negative thinking in here?!?!?

Seriously...this forum is 90% negative *****ing...wtf?

SabreEleven
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Is it negative thinking or reality thinking?

hammerbillsfan
08-01-2007, 08:33 PM
it's Bills thinking in Sabres form

Nighthawk
08-01-2007, 08:34 PM

I don't agree! This is what it is...

People expressing their feeling about THEIR team and those aren't always positive and those feelings aren't always negative. Just because somebody does not agree with you does not make them WRONG, no matter how many times they say it. The sooner you guys understand this, the sooner this board grows and prospers. Get over your egos and let everybody express their opinions...RIGHT OR WRONG!!!

BlackMetalNinja
08-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Just because somebody does not agree with you does not make them WRONG, no matter how many times they say it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... unless of course they disagree with the rest of you, then we get called whiners and babies and whatever else can be thought up at the moment.

Crisis
08-02-2007, 12:58 AM
I don't agree! This is what it is...

People expressing their feeling about THEIR team and those aren't always positive and those feelings aren't always negative. Just because somebody does not agree with you does not make them WRONG, no matter how many times they say it. The sooner you guys understand this, the sooner this board grows and prospers. Get over your egos and let everybody express their opinions...RIGHT OR WRONG!!!
You guys are the first ones to jump on over anyone who has anyone positive to say about the Sabres. You're guilty of it just as much, probably more than anyone else.

You guys even reach for reasons to diss the Sabres. (See So now that both his linemates got raises.. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=131057) thread)

SabreEleven
08-02-2007, 08:12 AM
You guys are the first ones to jump on over anyone who has anyone positive to say about the Sabres.

Wrong. Everybody who thinks the Sabres are going to great this year is looking thru rose colored glass. You guys are happy with Eastern Conference finals. The rest of us want a Stanley Cup.

You guys says, Vanek scored 40 he deserves 6, 7 mil a year, Roy is going to be a great player, he was stolen for $4 mil a year, Larry Quinn is god and can't do no wrong...We say "Lets see this guys do it without Briere and Drury to take the pressure off of them and lead them" IN MY OPINION, they won't be able to do it. Roy, Vanek, and Max will see the top checking line all year long and you all know that clutching and grabbing are coming back even more will slow them down especially in the playoffs.

Sure this team will make the playoffs but will be LUCKY to make to the ECF.

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Just because somebody does not agree with you does not make them WRONG, no matter how many times they say it.

Wrong. Everybody who thinks the Sabres are going to great this year is looking thru rose colored glass.

Yeah, I see no hypocrisy there at all!

I guess nobody is wrong, unless of course they disagree with you!

SabreEleven
08-02-2007, 08:42 AM
How can it be hypocrisy when two different people have said...That makes sense :rolleyes: Nighthawk and I have disagreed a lot in the past

Name something positive that has had to the Sabres this off season? Besides not over paying for Briere and Drury.

Philagape
08-02-2007, 10:38 AM

The offseason has 90 percent sucked, so that's about right.

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Can we play the 07-08 season before we worry about 08 and 09?

What's the point?

According to what I read around here the 07-08 season is over before it begins anyways.

Nighthawk
08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA... unless of course they disagree with the rest of you, then we get called whiners and babies and whatever else can be thought up at the moment.

Listen, you can go back and see that I've always respected people's opinions, even if I don't always agree with them. No matter what spin on it, that is how I will continue to be. Oh, I'll debate back and forth and try to get my point across, but you have all the right in the world to feel how you do. Is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Listen, you can go back and see that I've always respected people's opinions, even if I don't always agree with them. No matter what spin on it, that is how I will continue to be. Oh, I'll debate back and forth and try to get my point across, but you have all the right in the world to feel how you do. Is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

No it's not, and I suppose I should not have lumped you in with the entire crew that has made this place damn near unreadable lately, and for that I apologize. It's not even so much that we disagree, we basically don't, my problem is with the way many around here have gone about their argument and presenting it endlessly, when we all got the point long ago.

Nighthawk
08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
No it's not, and I suppose I should not have lumped you in with the entire crew that has made this place damn near unreadable lately, and for that I apologize. It's not even so much that we disagree, we basically don't, my problem is with the way many around here have gone about their argument and presenting it endlessly, when we all got the point long ago.

This is I can agree with. It's time to move on from the Drury/Briere thing and concentrate on what is done via trades to make this team better. We can't change the blunders of the past, but we can hope for improvements in the near future. We will see.

SabreEleven
08-02-2007, 03:52 PM
This is I can agree with. It's time to move on from the Drury/Briere thing and concentrate on what is done via trades to make this team better. We can change the blunders of the past, but we can hope for improvements in the near future. We will see.

But after the Drury/Briere/Vanek screw up, it's hard to have any faith in the FO.

Nighthawk
08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
But after the Drury/Briere/Vanek screw up, it's hard to have any faith in the FO.

And I agree with this. It's easy to see all sides. We will see what this FO does to improve the team before the season. They NEED to get rid of some dead weight (i.e. Kalinin, Kotalik, Spacek) and should not feel good about this season if they do nothing to improve the roster as it stands today. There are ways to make this team better, it just takes some creativity and effort. I guess we'll see if Darcy has either.

Meathead
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
i think the only thing they need now is some toughness on defense. theyve got talent enough to contend for the division again but they were too soft in front of the net during the playoffs

be patient. im positive darcys trying to do just that. lets keep our fingers crossed he finds a deal