PDA

View Full Version : Now this is depressing

ddaryl
08-01-2007, 01:26 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5015

I know it is an numbers games, and a big conglomerate like Anheuser-Busch is going to win the $$$$ battle over any smaller breweries

However the thought of having a Bud draft really triggers the gag reflex. Especially at stadium prices.. How much do they get for a Bud draft at the stadium?

Do they even offer a good micro brew at the stadium? How great would it be to get a Guiness on tap or something with some color and flavor.

They seem to have some decent beers in their stable but I doubt many or any of them are making it to the Ralph. I oculd probably handle some Michelobes in a pinch, but I've have been a micro-brew guy for the last 15 years.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/beer/beer_brands.html

anyways beer is always a good subject. What do they offer at the Ralph that is "good"

Pinkerton Security
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
anyways beer is always a good subject.

:cheers:

I also with they would have even some local brews in there, although by the time tailgating is done I usually cant taste what Im drinking in the stadium anyways.:drunks:

OpIv37
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
wow, well I think we can all agree that this is something to be pessimistic about. If a beer is going to cost $7, it should at least be decent beer- not pisswater swill that causes hangover symptoms before you can consume enough of it to get drunk.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Bud sucks. Of the main stream brands, I'd go for a Miller Lite myself.

Pinkerton Security
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Dont they have Blue and/or Blue Light at the games? or am i drunk...

The last buffalo fan
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Pacifico is da better, and I have ready my donkeys to deliver it.

X-Era
08-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Dont they have Blue and/or Blue Light at the games? or am i drunk...

All canuck beers suck.

They ALL taste like skunk piss to me.

Bud is nothing special either though. If I had my choice of a run of the mill beer it would be Coors light or Miller. Im a microbrew fine like Darryl

Pinkerton Security
08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
All canuck beers suck.

Bud is nothing special either though. If I had my choice of a run of the mill beer it would be Coors light or Miller. Im a microbrew fine like Darryl

Cant handle the extra alcohol huh? Its too bad, if you've ever tried Alexander Keith's, Rickards Red, or how bout Le Fin De Monde for you Blue Moon fans (tastes like Blue Moon since its a wheat beer, but has 9.5 percent alcohol). And how can you go wrong with a Molson Canadian?

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Anything better then "THE BEAST"

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Le Fin De Monde

I will have to try love the % and blue moon aint bad

Keep me away from IPA's tho :puke:

X-Era
08-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Cant handle the extra alcohol huh? Its too bad, if you've ever tried Alexander Keith's, Rickards Red, or how bout Le Fin De Monde for you Blue Moon fans (tastes like Blue Moon since its a wheat beer, but has 9.5 percent alcohol). And how can you go wrong with a Molson Canadian?

No prob with extra alcohol. Its the taste man, way way to salty/sour. Thats not how beer should taste, IMO.

My personal favorite is Wolavers pale ale. That stuff ROCKS!:beers:.

Truth be known, there probably is no WRONG beer.

HAMMER
08-01-2007, 02:08 PM
All canuck beers suck.

Wow. Canadien beers stink? Coors light and Miller better than Molson, LaBatts, Moosehead? You must have burned those taste buds right off your tongue.

Pinkerton Security
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Truth be known, there probably is no WRONG beer.

I'll drink to that!

X-Era
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Wow. Canadien beers stink? Coors light and Miller better than Molson, LaBatts, Moosehead? You must have burned those taste buds right off your tongue.

Canadiens are like Americans....only slightly ******ed.

Just kidding, if you like it, DRINK ON MY FRIEND.

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I use to like canadian beer but lately just not cutting it, i like to go to macgregors and order random stuff just to try some diff good beer.....labatt and molson just dont cut it anymore

PS ill get drunk off it anytime tho

superbills
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Agreed on the microbrew front, although I ususally bring my own to the tailgate and have had pretty much all I can handle be the time the game starts. Harpoon UFO is my fav. along with Bass ale and a little something I get from a buddy in Chicago called Goose Island. Work's almost over, now I need to get home and crack open a brew :cheers:

Scumbag College
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Bud sucks.

I wish they sold 40s of Old E or St. Ides at the games.

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I prefer Labbatt or Molson myself. Micro brew is ok but I usually binge drink so any moderately cheap beer will do.

Buckets
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Genny Cream Baby!! ( Hey I've out of town for quite a few years. Can you still get Utica Club?)

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I like Pacifico too. And Victoria.

feldspar
08-01-2007, 02:49 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5015

I know it is an numbers games, and a big conglomerate like Anheuser-Busch is going to win the $$$$ battle over any smaller breweries

However the thought of having a Bud draft really triggers the gag reflex. Especially at stadium prices.. How much do they get for a Bud draft at the stadium?

Do they even offer a good micro brew at the stadium? How great would it be to get a Guiness on tap or something with some color and flavor.

They seem to have some decent beers in their stable but I doubt many or any of them are making it to the Ralph. I oculd probably handle some Michelobes in a pinch, but I've have been a micro-brew guy for the last 15 years.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/beer/beer_brands.html

anyways beer is always a good subject. What do they offer at the Ralph that is "good"

Guinness is one of my favorite beers, that and Samuel Adams Cream Stout - I love the stout beers. But do you have any idea how much these beers would cost at a football game? Your better off drinking your own beer in the parking lot. You can drink a six pack before going in, which would cost about the same as one beer in the stadium...at least a six pack - I like to drink beer...football wouldn't be the same without it for me. After you get that beer in you, it won't really matter what you drink during the game. Bud is really par for the course. I'll drink it.

RockStar36
08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Bud sucks. Of the main stream brands, I'd go for a Miller Lite myself.

Usually the only people who drink Miller Lite have a vagina. Or at least it's that way around here.

ddaryl
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Guinness is one of my favorite beers, that and Samuel Adams Cream Stout - I love the stout beers. But do you have any idea how much these beers would cost at a football game? Your better off drinking your own beer in the parking lot. You can drink a six pack before going in, which would cost about the same as one beer in the stadium...at least a six pack - I like to drink beer...football wouldn't be the same without it for me. After you get that beer in you, it won't really matter what you drink during the game. Bud is really par for the course. I'll drink it.

I normally like to endulge in one or 2 while I'm in a sportring event. Naturally tailgating is the way to take care of the alcohol business.

I like Labatt's, that is my "cheap budget beer". Out here in Washington we get some local brews that I would recommend, Like Mac and Jacks African Amber, everyone I talk to out here likes this one, only comes in tap, Fat Tire, the occasional Foster's, and of course Guiness.

Wolffman
08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
They sell Gunniess at Jacobs Field in Cleveland.

raphael120
08-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I tell ya what, not only do I love Labatt or Molson, but it always reminds me of Buffalo, so its got that extra goodness to it.

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
The sell Heineken at Soldier Field. I'd rather have a $8 Heineken than a $7 Bud any day.

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Usually the only people who drink Miller Lite have a vagina. Or at least it's that way around here.

HAHAHAHA OMG to funny i was waiting for a comment like this

I was at red wings game and they had some nice beer forgot the name...started drinking at 6pm went till 2 am but it was a nice amber

im4bflo
08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I've been on a Labatt's BLUE kick since the hockey season, and am still drinking it now, it's not that well known here in SoCal. so I get it cheap, and I get it often!
Along with my bottle of JACK!

CAbills
08-01-2007, 09:03 PM

As I right this I am drinking a Pacifico, I love it. Anheuser-Busch has decent seasonal beers. I like the Beach Bum that they have out for summer now, but I am sure it will just be The Diesel, Light, and Select at the games. Oh well 7 bucks is too much to pay anyways...drink in the parking lot.

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 09:06 PM
As I right this I am drinking a Pacifico, I love it. Anheuser-Busch has decent seasonal beers. I like the Beach Bum that they have out for summer now, but I am sure it will just be The Diesel, Light, and Select at the games. Oh well 7 bucks is too much to pay anyways...drink in the parking lot.

No kiddin, that's how much I make in an hour. :ill:

Mad Bomber
08-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Bud = :monkeyp:
It's sort of like real beer after it's been passed through the kidneys.

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Bud is hick beer. IT STINKS! I am too hammered by gametime anyways to worry about it thankfully!

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 12:44 AM
The sell Heineken at Soldier Field. I'd rather have a $8 Heineken than a $7 Bud any day.
Have you ever had a Heineken that wasn't skunked though? Not much better than Bud IMO. Why not Labatts?

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 12:45 AM
My favorite beer currently is New Castle. I freaking love that stuff.

mikemac2001
08-02-2007, 02:10 AM
My favorite beer currently is New Castle. I freaking love that stuff.

The times ive had it never had a problem with it always a good taste

Wish i was drunk its 3am haha

ublinkwescore
08-02-2007, 02:36 AM
All canuck beers suck.

So they taste like Heineken do they.

dannyek71
08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
st ides!

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 10:33 AM
All canuck beers suck.

Now this is laughable. A guy saying Canadian beers sucks but enjoys Coors light or Miller!!!! HILARIOUS, what a beer conisuer.... :rolleyes:

I rarely have run into skunked Blue or Canadian, and trust me I have a very large case study. Coors light and Miller light basically taste like dirty water. If you are going to drink a beer have some taste.

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 10:34 AM
So they taste like Heineken do they.
No not at all. I don't think I have ever had a Heineken that doesn't taste skunked ever.

Night Train
08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
In the clubs, we have a large bar but Bud sets up stands against the wall for larger draft cups.

I never go near that swill, with a full bar of real choices.

ddaryl
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Green Bottle beer can turn skunky quite quickly. I always avoid green bottle beer.

It's usually the Canadian beers in green bottle that go skunky. Ever have a Grolsch that after oprening you know its been on the shelf for months. I had one that almost knocked me on my ass before the 1st sip.

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Have you ever had a Heineken that wasn't skunked though? Not much better than Bud IMO. Why not Labatts?
In Chicago we know how to take care of beer.

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
In Chicago we know how to take care of beer.
I have drank a Heineken in Chicago and it was skunked.... :ill:

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
YOU'RE A DAMN LIAR!!

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I cannot tell a lie about my beer man. Heineken is a horribly overated beer.

tat2dmike77
08-02-2007, 04:15 PM

Nationwide arena sells guiness at the bluejackets games for 9 bucks. I don't like guiness anyway but that is ridonkulous.

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
9 bucks for a beer in a plastic cup is pure craziness.

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I cannot tell a lie about my beer man. Heineken is a horribly overated beer.
I would rather spend $8 for a Heineken than $7 for a Bud.

Typ0
08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
they used to serve labatts blue and there was one molson canadian tap on the bills side.

ublinkweintercept
08-03-2007, 02:38 AM
[quote=ddaryl]http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5015

[quote]

Now just becuz you want to be a spoiled british isles mutt doesnt mean that big business is going to bow down to you, no matter how hard you cry!!!:awm:

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
I would rather spend $8 for a Heineken than $7 for a Bud.
Yes but that is just really saying how ****ty bud is though.

im4bflo
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
No matter how I'd like a few beers during the game, I'd feel like a fool, buying pisswater for $7. And I don't.
I'm so jacked up drunk by game time, I really don't need any more :boozer:

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
No matter how I'd like a few beers during the game, I'd feel like a fool, buying pisswater for $7. And I don't.
I'm so jacked up drunk by game time, I really don't need any more :boozer:
Agreed. I used to buy beers inside the game and really just end up spilling them all over the place.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes but that is just really saying how ****ty bud is though.
True

OpIv37
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Green Bottle beer can turn skunky quite quickly. I always avoid green bottle beer.

It's usually the Canadian beers in green bottle that go skunky. Ever have a Grolsch that after oprening you know its been on the shelf for months. I had one that almost knocked me on my ass before the 1st sip.

so there's the answer- Heineken is good when it's not skunked but for some reason it seems to skunk easier than other beers. I never knew why until now.

finsrclowns
08-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I have never had a Molson Canadien that was skunked. I don't know about the "green bottle" theory.

mikemac2001
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Idk i kinda believe the green bottle theory

Just seems like any one i drink is skunked

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
The green bottle theory is 100% correct. It has to do with the light UV rays and how they shine through the green glass.

mikemac2001
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
The green bottle theory is 100% correct. It has to do with the light UV rays and how they shine through the green glass.

I drink rolling rock here and there and havent noticed in that to much...not my fav beer just cheap and decent

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Rolling Rock is good.

mikemac2001
08-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Rolling Rock is good.

Its usally my choice over blue/molson/bud/ miller

i like micro and some others over it but ya i drink it a good amount

i wish i had one now

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2007, 05:01 PM
My Girlfriend in College was from Latrobe PA. Rolling rock is ok I guess.

Historian
08-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Tastes like cold pee.

(Or so I'm told)