PDA

View Full Version : Maybe We're not so ****ing bad .

patmoran2006
08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Keeping this brief as possible.

Admitedly, I've seen very little of camp thus far. The little time I've spent up there I've spent more time talking to certain individuals than I have of actually watching a lot of practice with my own eyes.

So I'm going largely upon what I've heard from people that have been seeing and reporting on everything that I personally deem credible.

But from what I am gathering, the Bills are looking very good right now. A few quick notes on things I've been told over the past few days by a couple of various people.

* JP has developed into the undisputed leader of the team. With Fletch and Spikes gone, he's taken on a larger role in the clubhouse.

* Lee Evans is catching everything and I've been told he's "improved". IF that's true, that's flippin scary.

* As has been written in several articles lately, Ellison looks real good, especially in pass coverage. I've read he would have three defensive TD's already if these were real games.

* Other players I've heard real positive things about thus far include Whitner, Melvin Fowler, Roscoe Parrish (surprising to me) and even more surprising, Peerless Price. I've heard the offense looks a lot more smooth in their formations and playcalling (though its still just the start of camp).

* The only iffy things I've heard SO FAR besides the obvious DL questions is the right side of the OL. I havent paid attention to a single down of camp with the first string offense, so I dont know.

To me (and this is my own opinion)-- I cant remember a season where a pair of rookies mean so much to how the team does. WE've all heard good things about Pos and especially Lynch, but these guys really need to be players out of the gate.

Maybe this is a .500 or better team. Certainly by accounts Im hearing its possible.

But returning to my skeptic ways. I still think thats a year away. I think the value of the DT position is UNDERSTATED right now and will be exposed big time until/if McCargo really flourishes.

I agree about the right side of the line, I dont like neither Preston not Walker. I hope Butler beats out Preston, and I wouldnt be shocked to see Pennington starting at some point again this season.

And they look good for now, but Im still far from sold on our WR's outside of Evans. They're all grossly inconsistent to me.

Pisses me off all the more when I see our cap room and realize we did nothing to address DT or WR. Guess that's priority #1 and 2 next year.

But to be perfectly honest, at least for right now-- this is shaping up as a team to me that's going to be better than I thought.

footballhottie
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
sounds good to me.

feldspar
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I seem to be in the minority of people who like the Bills receivers. I like ALL of the receivers.

BidsJr
08-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Pisses me off all the more when I see our cap room and realize we did nothing to address DT or WR. Guess that's priority #1 and 2 next year.

But to be perfectly honest, at least for right now-- this is shaping up as a team to me that's going to be better than I thought.

You'll be glad we have the cap room next year when we give both Losman and Evans 9 mill a year.

And although we are not Indy....... their run D was ranked 32nd last year.

more cowbell
08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I seem to be in the minority of people who like the Bills receivers. I like ALL of the receivers.

same here

ParanoidAndroid
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Barring injury, Walker will start the entire season.

duhbilz
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I really don't like the Tampa 2 for run defense. Good scheme for passing defense but terrible for run defense....no matter where it's run.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
KI've heard the offense looks a lot more smooth in their formations and playcalling.
Smoother. Not more smooth.

It bugs me to death.

BidsJr
08-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I really don't like the Tampa 2 for run defense. Good scheme for passing defense but terrible for run defense....no matter where it's run.

Bears were 6th in rushing yds against last year.

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
PM with a some what positive post

:clap:

Good read actually read it pat

Philagape
08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm not thrilled with the receivers after Evans, but we have the kind of QB that can make them look better.

X-Era
08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
sounds good to me.

FBH exists???!!!

Welcome back, where have you been hiding?

patmoran2006
08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
She's been waiting for me to post, because she wants me..

JJamezz
08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I dont like neither Preston nor Walker.

A triple negative.. nice! ;)

For me, DT with an unproven LB core is the big issue.. (no s**t Sherlock.. :D )

I like our wideouts for the most part - Roscoe should be utilized a lot more this year, and I'm one of I guess the minority that doesn't think Josh Reed has been all that bad the last couple of seasons.. Next year I think they draft one early, and Peerless is the odd man out.

As for the oline, I'm not very concerned at all.. I think Walker will be adequate to good, and better than anything we've had at RT in a while (except Peters..) I also think Whittle starts at RG at some point.

Tatonka
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM

im with you.

Tatonka
08-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Barring injury, Walker will start the entire season.

there is no question about that.. none.

duhbilz
08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Bears were 6th in rushing yds against last year.
Bears weren't behind a whole lot last year, my guess is they see more passes then runs.

Philagape
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Bears weren't behind a whole lot last year, my guess is they say more passes then runs.

And it doesn't hurt to have All-Pros in the middle

Mitchy moo
08-01-2007, 08:09 PM
sounds good to me.

If your here the season is getting close. :dishes:

BAM
08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
:bf1:

At least the attitude of the team seems better so far.

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 08:50 PM
What the ****? Who hacked patmorans account?

Mad Bomber
08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Is that really you, Pat?

Wow, the drugs are taking effect...

:D

The Spaz
08-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Could Pat finally have seen the light?

PECKERWOOD
08-02-2007, 01:32 AM

Yea, let's just hope that Perry Fewell can turn our defense into one similar to Chicago's. I like the Tampa 2 if you can get an early lead it makes life so much easier. Last year was horrible because we were always trailing, look for our defense to improve because of our offenses progression alone.