PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh, is it time to start worrying about McCargo?

HHURRICANE
08-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Everything I'm reading isn't good.

don137
08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I won't be worried yet. I think he just needs a little lit under him...

OpIv37
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
he missed a lot of conditioning time because of his injury- he may need the rest of pre-season to get into shape.

That being said, he is one of the keys to the season, so if he's struggling, it's not a good sign at all.

HHURRICANE
08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I won't be worried yet. I think he just needs a little lit under him...

I appreciate the thread on camp. You were there and I wasn't but your own words don't sound too good.

"Perry Fewell was getting on McCargo's tail the whole practice yelling at him to be chasing the runner and not give up. On the next play I heard him yell at McCargo that he should just leave and go ride the bike."

Do we really have to light a fire under a guy that we moved up in the draft to get?

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Never been sold on mccargo but ive also known he has had a set back...so ill give him that and see how he does this season...he is pretty much a rookie and he is out of shape bc of the injury...I hope he steps up big but who knows

Goobylal
08-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Everything I'm reading isn't good.
He's had good and bad plays so far. Sounds like he's struggling with the heat and lack of conditioning, after missing so much time rehabbing his injured foot.

don137
08-01-2007, 06:30 PM
I appreciate the thread on camp. You were there and I wasn't but your own words don't sound too good.

"Perry Fewell was getting on McCargo's tail the whole practice yelling at him to be chasing the runner and not give up. On the next play I heard him yell at McCargo that he should just leave and go ride the bike."

Do we really have to light a fire under a guy that we moved up in the draft to get?
just because he was getting chewed out doesn't mean I am ready to say i am worried yet or will label him a bust. I think Fewell was just trying to light a fire. Different players need different kind of motivation. He did give Mccargo a little praise on another play but he seemed to really riding mcCargo a fair amount.

Meathead
08-01-2007, 07:12 PM
i think the reasonable thing to do is to panic and overreact

RedEyE
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
It sounds like Fewell is doing enough worrying for all of us.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-01-2007, 07:18 PM
yes and in the spirit of meathead we are all going to die.

Meathead
08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
http://hautespotsvancouver.com/blog/uploaded_images/136_3636-798849.JPG

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Never been sold on mccargo but ive also known he has had a set back...so ill give him that and see how he does this season...he is pretty much a rookie and he is out of shape bc of the injury...I hope he steps up big but who knows

Pretty much sums up how I feel right now. We'll see what he gots this year.

raphael120
08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Well either himself or Kyle Williams needs to step up and be the force in the middle. If not, I think you can say that Marv & Co. screwed the pooch when it came to shoring up the D-line

ddaryl
08-01-2007, 09:57 PM
He's fine. Stop analyzing the little stuff and wait for preseason to evaluate for yourself.

OpIv37
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
He's fine. Stop analyzing the little stuff and wait for preseason to evaluate for yourself.

first it's don't react to what happens in OTA's- wait til camp.
then it's don't react to what happens in camp- wait til pre season.
Then it's don't react to what happens in preseason- wait til the games start.
then it's too late.

I guess what I'm getting at: why does everyone expect performance during real games to be different than performance during camp and pre-season? That's about as close to real as it gets.

cocamide
08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
first it's don't react to what happens in OTA's- wait til camp.
then it's don't react to what happens in camp- wait til pre season.
Then it's don't react to what happens in preseason- wait til the games start.
then it's too late.

I guess what I'm getting at: why does everyone expect performance during real games to be different than performance during camp and pre-season? That's about as close to real as it gets.

Make sure every team either cuts or doesn't pick up Larry Johnson, Terry Glenn, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Frank Gore. Those guys aren't going to be doing much, if anything, this preseason so we might as well count them out for the regular season.

Oaf
08-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't understand. Everything I've read thus far on him has been positive. Or is this thread from last year? :scratch:

madness
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't understand. Everything I've read thus far on him has been positive. Or is this thread from last year? :scratch:

Op is right about his conditioning and it's starting to show but should improve as we get near the end of TC.

You shouldn't be surprised about this thread at all. Up to this camp report, it was looking like he was showing real progress. One bad day and now it's 'time to start worrying about McCargo'.

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Make sure every team either cuts or doesn't pick up Larry Johnson, Terry Glenn, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Frank Gore. Those guys aren't going to be doing much, if anything, this preseason so we might as well count them out for the regular season.

um, if they're not playing in pre season, then there is no basis for comparison.

But for players who ARE playing in preseason, why would you expect that they will be better once the "pre" is replaced with "regular"? It's still the same guy trying to do the same things.

duhbilz
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM

You're comparing guy's that have proven their worth, to a guy who hasn't. Maybe you should find another way to express your point. It's still early, maybe the team is just being cautious because they want McCargo to ease back into full speed instead of rush back into full speed, just a thought.

Michael82
08-02-2007, 08:43 AM
I personally thought he's had a pretty good camp at times. He's shown his speed at getting to the QB or in the backfield. Where he has struggled is in the run blocking.....But I think he'll get better with it. :up:

madness
08-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I personally thought he's had a pretty good camp at times. He's shown his speed at getting to the QB or in the backfield. Where he has struggled is in the run blocking.....But I think he'll get better with it. :up:

I think he will too. I recall him getting into the backfield to stop the runner a few times in various camp reports.