PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why Josh Reed is the best choice for #2

Yasgur's Farm
08-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Josh Reed is the best #2 we have at this point.

1) Reed can catch (Price drops more)
2) Reed can produce yards after catch (Reed's 12.1 vs Price's 8.2)
3) Reed can block (Price and Parrish can't)
4) Reed can beat the jam (Parrish can't)
5) Roscoe can stretch the field from the slot

RedEyE
08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I can't get past your number 1 reason. Reed picked it up last year, to be fair. But, he started off training camp right where he left off in '05.

And I don't think Price is the one that Reed needs to be concerned with because from the sounds of things Parrish is out stepping them all in camp thus far.

blotsfan
08-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Meh. Neither Price nor Reed impress me a lot.

chernobylwraiths
08-01-2007, 07:26 PM
This offense hinges on Marshawn. The most we will need out of a number 2 is someone who can block. That makes Reed important.

Yasgur's Farm
08-01-2007, 07:30 PM
I can't get past your number 1 reason. Reed picked it up last year, to be fair. But, he started off training camp right where he left off in '05.

And I don't think Price is the one that Reed needs to be concerned with because from the sounds of things Parrish is out stepping them all in camp thus far.Parrish can't block and Parrish can't beat the jam.

Night Train
08-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I give him his 2006 props for a better than expected contributuion from a #3,4 WR position.

He still scares the hell out of me with untimely drops. I saw him & Price drops a few each day at this camp. It keeps reminding me how maddening these 2 guys are.

If they want to give Parrish more reps, I say go for it. He should get reps at the expense of #81 & #82. Anything to get Evans open more.

raphael120
08-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Notice most of Reeds strong points arent really him being better but just the other choices being so horrible.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Reed is a good #4. To think he's any better is really pushing it.

Saratoga Slim
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Reed is a good #4. To think he's any better is really pushing it.

He's an ideal #2 on paper. He should be a perfect possession receiver with the potential to rack up solid YAC. But he just hasn't produced on a consistent basis. I always root for the guy to break out and show that he can be a go to man, but i'm growing kinda skeptical that he's any more than an average receiver.

zone
08-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Reed looks more like a TE now than a WR. I saw him at the Tuesday night practice and he is huge. I think he is dropping the ball because he can’t lift his arms high enough to catch it, because his muscles are getting in the way. It’s the meathead syndrome.

patmoran2006
08-03-2007, 07:04 AM
There is no gettting around this team needs a legit #2 WR. Hopefully Lynch will help cover that up by being so versatile, such as LT has done in SD. SD rarely even has a legit #1 not counting their TE, but the offense is still good.

Outside of DT, I think finding another quality WR is a top priority next offseason. Im still real surprised the Bills didnt sign a WR this year if for nothing else than to compete for a #2 spot with Price and/or Reed. I really liked Drew Bennett for that role, but I dont remember what kind of contract he got and if it'd have been worth it for us to pay that out.

Pinkerton Security
08-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Reed to me has the physical ability to be a Hines Ward-type player, Ward is who I think of when I compare Reed to anyone. I dont know if he is athletic as Ward, but he can block and if he could just hang onto the ball like he did in college, Ive always thought he would be a very good possession receiver. The only problem with that is that possession receiver has to have grat hands, and Reed hasnt really shown that.

madness
08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I watched the Yearbook again this morning and I just can't get over that TD he had against Miami. That was sick.