PDA

View Full Version : Losman or Evans

Bling
08-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Here's an interesting thought that came to mind. If you had the cap space to only keep one, who do you keep?

Bling
08-01-2007, 09:07 PM
That's tough guys. It's like, do you want a top 4 WR or a top 15 QB? Damn. I'd go with Evans. I think if you had to, you could replace Losman quicker than you can replace Evans.

Bling
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
And I am well aware that you guys are so far under the cap, you could sign Evans and three JP Losmans.

BlackMetalNinja
08-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't know man... that's tough. How useful is Evans without a decent QB? A QB is more vital to a team, but Evans is better at his position than Losman is at his right now.

YardRat
08-01-2007, 09:09 PM
At this point I would choose Evans, but I reserve the right to change my mind later depending on what happens this season.

Mad Bomber
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Both.

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Evans, hes a sure thing at this point

ddaryl
08-01-2007, 09:54 PM
there a tandem... I couldn't make the choice because if JP goes it could take awhile for someone to synch up with Evans, and if Evans goes then JP suffers.

bizzare poll

DraftBoy
08-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Evans, he's further along right now

SyraBillsLican
08-01-2007, 10:04 PM
i say we lose TKO, Fletch and clemens so we can keep both. but hey, what do i know

SquishDaFish
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Both

PECKERWOOD
08-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Good QBs are harder to find than good WRs. Evans is the best player on the Bills roster but Losman's position carries more significance. This was a no brainer for me - Losman.

mikemac2001
08-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I voted losman

He will take the leading role of the team...it really depends at end of year but i think with his progress you cant dump a franchise QB which i think he will be for a #1 wr

Im a losman guy but i do love evans i feel they would love to play with each other for a long time to...so i could see each other taking less money to play together espically if we make a playoff run in the next 2 years

Michael82
08-02-2007, 12:53 AM
I refuse to vote! :ill:

J-Dog
08-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I am from Wisconsin so I say keep Evans, I saw what he did in college and now the pros. Just wait...now that JP is starting to mature Evans will be in the top three this year. I still like J.P. though.

ublinkwescore
08-02-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm one of those idiots that doesn't get polls damnit.

Yasgur's Farm
08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Relativly speaking, I believe JP is more valuable to the Bills. Look at what Brady got done last year without great WR's.

That said... They're a team and I believe we'll extend both.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Evans.

Lee made JP. Anyone could throw Lee the ball when he is open by a mile.

djjimkelly
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Evans.

bledsoe couldnt!!!! and neither could holcomb!!

Michael82
08-02-2007, 08:37 AM
If JP tears it up like I think he is going to, this year.....then he's the keeper. I have a feeling that he's about ready to become the star Quarterback we have been lacking since Jim Kelly retired. :up:

I know that I don't want to go back to the post Kelly era again.....

Todd Collins
Billy Joe Hobert
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Alex Van Pelt
Drew Bledsoe
Kelly Holcomb

:scared: :puke:

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Evans.

And that pass to Price was easy wasn't it?

Not many QB's can handle the winds and conditions in Rich Stadium. JP can.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 08:56 AM

Not many QB's can handle the winds and conditions in Rich Stadium. JP can.

:lmao:

What happend on the hailmary at the end of the Titans game?

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 08:57 AM
:lmao:

What happend on the hailmary at the end of the Titans game?

JP was running and had to throw the ball up for grabs because it was 4th down?

Tell me what QBs would have completed that pass?

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 08:58 AM

Even the worst of QB's have had a few good passes.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 08:59 AM
JP was running and had to throw the ball up for grabs because it was 4th down?

Tell me what QBs would have completed that pass?

Ahh thanks, I knew there was an excuse somewhere.

None, because JP is the master of the winds at the Ralph.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Ahh thanks, I knew there was an excuse somewhere.

None, because JP is the master of the winds at the Ralph.

I see.

So anything short of 100% completion is unacceptable to TD.

Fact is, he does better with the winds than most QBs.

I swear, JP must have gotten ahold of your gf or something. You have never given him credit for anything.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I swear, JP must have gotten ahold of your gf or something. You have never given him credit for anything.

I just gave him credit 2 posts ago.

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I just gave him credit 2 posts ago.

I refuse to get irritated when I read your JP bashing posts anymore but please do me one favor. When JP has a really good year and proves he is the QB of the future, give him the credit he deserves and stop the blind hatred.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I refuse to get irritated when I read your JP bashing posts anymore but please do me one favor. When JP has a really good year and proves he is the QB of the future, give him the credit he deserves and stop the blind hatred.

And when he doesn't?

Night Train
08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
But...we have both...

Wait..is this sexual ? Yuch..

eyedog
08-02-2007, 10:52 AM
The JP haters are the one's who wanted/thought Holcomb should have been the qb. After they realized how stupid they looked, they have to resort to hating and hoping JP does bad to somehow validate their idiotic posts.

Luisito23
08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Evans hands down......But I want them both to stay....I'm loving that deadly tandem.....:drunks:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
08-02-2007, 11:09 AM
The JP haters are the one's who wanted/thought Holcomb should have been the qb. After they realized how stupid they looked, they have to resort to hating and hoping JP does bad to somehow validate their idiotic posts.It goes deeper than that... Today's JP haters were yesterday's Drewler fans.

Michael82
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
It goes deeper than that... Today's JP haters were yesterday's Drewler fans.
BULL****! I'm the biggest JP fan there is...and also a Bledsoe fan. :mad:

mikemac2001
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
BULL****! I'm the biggest JP fan there is...and also a Bledsoe fan. :mad:

im a bills fan

Yasgur's Farm
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
BULL****! I'm the biggest JP fan there is...and also a Bledsoe fan. :mad:Sorry Mikey... No offense. I didn't say all Bledsoe fans... And I certainly didn't mean you.

Some Bledsoe fans were pizzed because JP was handed the job and Drew was released... Therefore they took it out on JP. When Holcomb got in the mix, those pizzed fans jumped on his band wagon for vengence against JP.

jmb1099
08-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Bling good poll, seriously.
I'm torn. When I hear things like it is hard for anyone at camp to cover Evans it says something. Evans is further along right now and as far as I'm concerned is money in the bank on a well thrown pass.
That said Losman has the ability to make something out of a busted and hopeless looking play. There is a chemistry between Losman and Evans that we haven't seen here since (forgive the football blasphemy guys but its true) Kelly and Reed. Reports are also saying that Losman has established himself as the undisputed leader of the team. So I'm glad we have the cap to sign both but in the event we could not I'd have to say Keep Evans only because as of right now he is money in the bank. As it was reported Edwards can toss the ball 50+ yards himself and should be decent in time.

Wys Guy
08-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Did anyone ever consider that another QB with a better short game might make an absurd impact given Evans on the team.

JP's only skill is lofting the deep one to Evans, and on occasion to another WR. Evans is already among the best in the league and potentially can be the single best WR arguably.

If the choice ever did come down to one or the other, the choice is clear. You guys overrate Losman at present. He has much to prove. In doing so you curtail the possibility that we may get an significantly better QB in here to take advantage of Evans' skills even more.

This just in, but last season when JP's deep game got shut down he was terrible and so was our O. Blame it on whatever you want to, but the fact remains that he is at least a part of that problem.

This season will reveal more in that way. But if he doesn't improve his short game by leaps and bounds, then this team has to at least begin considering other options depending upon how much he did in fact improve.

Any decent QB can make good use of Evans, who will prove to be among the top-5 WRs in the league by season's end.

With Losman that's all we have, his deep balls to Evans. You decide who's more responsible for that and where we would be as a team if Losman's short game last year were half as good as Brady's.