• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

More reason to ridicule eli

Eli Manning

Manning has a big arm, but he lacks his big brother's accuracy, leadership qualities and overall football acumen. Despite having weapons like Tiki Barber, Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey, Manning has been plagued by maddening inconsistency in his three seasons as a full-time starter. Does he still have room to improve? Of course, but we don't predict it based on his performance in the second half of last season. Little-known fact: His full name is Elisha Nelson Manning.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

And a scarier part is: How is this guy even thought of for this article, which is going through current players who have a possibility of being in the HOF? This list is preposterous once it gets past about 20 or so.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: More reason to ridicule eli

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

It is ridiculous that Ray Lewis is #5 on that list. I'd pick Brian Urlacher, Tony G or Orlando Pace before that overrated and under prosecuted SOB.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

It's probably pronounced as 'Eli-sha' after the prophet in the Bible and not 'Eleesha' as in Elisha Cuthbert.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by madness
          It's probably pronounced as 'Eli-sha' after the prophet in the Bible and not 'Eleesha' as in Elisha Cuthbert.
          i know but I hate him, and I enjoy seeing him with a girl's name. JP is better than him, so why doesnt JP's name appear in the "Cantonized" list anywhere? BC he doesnt deserve it . Either does eli.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I lost a lot of respect for Eli with that crybaby "waaaah, I don't want to play for the Chargers.... Daddy, do something!" act. (And I bet he's kicking himself because right now the Chargers are much better than the Giants).

I lost the little remaining respect for him during pre-game warm-ups for a late season game his rookie year. It was cold and raining, so he took warm up throws IN THE TUNNEL. I've never seen an NFL player act like such a spoiled little girl.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
              i know but I hate him, and I enjoy seeing him with a girl's name. JP is better than him, so why doesnt JP's name appear in the "Cantonized" list anywhere? BC he doesnt deserve it . Either does eli.
              I 100% agree about that. In the Bible a dead body comes back to life after accidentally touching Elisha's bones. Maybe Eli should find Elisha's bones to see if it will resurrect his football career.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                It is ridiculous that Ray Lewis is #5 on that list. I'd pick Brian Urlacher, Tony G or Orlando Pace before that overrated and under prosecuted SOB.
                I don't think he is overrated at all.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

OMG!

50. Adrian Peterson

The guy hasn't played a single down in the NFL and they have him going to the HOF?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                    OMG!

50. Adrian Peterson

The guy hasn't played a single down in the NFL and they have him going to the HOF?!?!?!?!
                    #40 or so was Calvin Johnson

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

Yet another reason to discount ESPN as a source of any meaningful football information or opinion...

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

my body would come back to life after elish touched my bone

cuthbert not manning
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I lost a lot of respect for Eli with that crybaby "waaaah, I don't want to play for the Chargers.... Daddy, do something!" act. (And I bet he's kicking himself because right now the Chargers are much better than the Giants).
                          John Elway did the same thing; he was selected as the #1 overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. He demanded a trade. Eventually, the Colts gave in.

This is no different than what Eli did.

Anyway, I don't think that Eli is a pussy, really. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to be a QB in the NFL, especially one like Eli, who is even more scrutinized because of his heratige. He's capable of being a very good QB, but I think he has problems in his head that he needs to overcome.

Also, I wouldn't ride Elisha too much about his name, only because of our QB's name...LossMan.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar
                            John Elway did the same thing; he was selected as the #1 overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. He demanded a trade. Eventually, the Colts gave in.

This is no different than what Eli did.

Anyway, I don't think that Eli is a pussy, really. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to be a QB in the NFL, especially one like Eli, who is even more scrutinized because of his heratige. He's capable of being a very good QB, but I think he has problems in his head that he needs to overcome.

Also, I wouldn't ride Elisha too much about his name, only because of our QB's name...LossMan.
                            well it was a petty, immature thing for Elway to do too. At least Elway did it on his own and didn't get his dad involved.

But watch how Eli plays- he has no passion and looks like a wide-eyed deer in headlights out there. His demeanor reminds me of the kid who hates Little League but plays anyway because his dad wants him to.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              (And I bet he's kicking himself because right now the Chargers are much better than the Giants).
                              At least part of the reason is because he is *on* the Giants.
                              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
                              X