PDA

View Full Version : More reason to ridicule eli

Pinkerton Security
08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Eli Manning (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=6760)
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0721/nfl_g_manning_203.jpg
Manning has a big arm, but he lacks his big brother's accuracy, leadership qualities and overall football acumen. Despite having weapons like Tiki Barber, Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey, Manning has been plagued by maddening inconsistency in his three seasons as a full-time starter. Does he still have room to improve? Of course, but we don't predict it based on his performance in the second half of last season. Little-known fact: His full name is Elisha Nelson Manning.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
:roflmao:

And a scarier part is: How is this guy even thought of for this article, which is going through current players who have a possibility of being in the HOF? This list is preposterous once it gets past about 20 or so.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbignames

Michael82
08-02-2007, 09:13 AM
:rofl:

G. Host
08-02-2007, 09:17 AM
It is ridiculous that Ray Lewis is #5 on that list. I'd pick Brian Urlacher, Tony G or Orlando Pace before that overrated and under prosecuted SOB.

madness
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
It's probably pronounced as 'Eli-sha' after the prophet in the Bible and not 'Eleesha' as in Elisha Cuthbert.

Pinkerton Security
08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
It's probably pronounced as 'Eli-sha' after the prophet in the Bible and not 'Eleesha' as in Elisha Cuthbert.

i know but I hate him, and I enjoy seeing him with a girl's name. JP is better than him, so why doesnt JP's name appear in the "Cantonized" list anywhere? BC he doesnt deserve it . Either does eli.

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 10:04 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Eli with that crybaby "waaaah, I don't want to play for the Chargers.... Daddy, do something!" act. (And I bet he's kicking himself because right now the Chargers are much better than the Giants).

I lost the little remaining respect for him during pre-game warm-ups for a late season game his rookie year. It was cold and raining, so he took warm up throws IN THE TUNNEL. I've never seen an NFL player act like such a spoiled little girl.

madness
08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
i know but I hate him, and I enjoy seeing him with a girl's name. JP is better than him, so why doesnt JP's name appear in the "Cantonized" list anywhere? BC he doesnt deserve it . Either does eli.

I 100% agree about that. In the Bible a dead body comes back to life after accidentally touching Elisha's bones. Maybe Eli should find Elisha's bones to see if it will resurrect his football career. :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
It is ridiculous that Ray Lewis is #5 on that list. I'd pick Brian Urlacher, Tony G or Orlando Pace before that overrated and under prosecuted SOB.
I don't think he is overrated at all.

Mad Bomber
08-02-2007, 12:34 PM
OMG!

50. Adrian Peterson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=8261)

The guy hasn't played a single down in the NFL and they have him going to the HOF?!?!?!?!

Pinkerton Security
08-02-2007, 12:37 PM
OMG!

50. Adrian Peterson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=8261)

The guy hasn't played a single down in the NFL and they have him going to the HOF?!?!?!?!

#40 or so was Calvin Johnson

Mad Bomber
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Yet another reason to discount ESPN as a source of any meaningful football information or opinion...

Meathead
08-02-2007, 01:39 PM
my body would come back to life after elish touched my bone

cuthbert not manning

feldspar
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I lost a lot of respect for Eli with that crybaby "waaaah, I don't want to play for the Chargers.... Daddy, do something!" act. (And I bet he's kicking himself because right now the Chargers are much better than the Giants).

John Elway did the same thing; he was selected as the #1 overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. He demanded a trade. Eventually, the Colts gave in.

This is no different than what Eli did.

Anyway, I don't think that Eli is a pussy, really. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to be a QB in the NFL, especially one like Eli, who is even more scrutinized because of his heratige. He's capable of being a very good QB, but I think he has problems in his head that he needs to overcome.

Also, I wouldn't ride Elisha too much about his name, only because of our QB's name...LossMan.

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 02:28 PM
John Elway did the same thing; he was selected as the #1 overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had publicly stated that he refused to join the Colts organization, feeling the team could not allow him to be successful. He demanded a trade. Eventually, the Colts gave in.

This is no different than what Eli did.

Anyway, I don't think that Eli is a pussy, really. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to be a QB in the NFL, especially one like Eli, who is even more scrutinized because of his heratige. He's capable of being a very good QB, but I think he has problems in his head that he needs to overcome.

Also, I wouldn't ride Elisha too much about his name, only because of our QB's name...LossMan.

well it was a petty, immature thing for Elway to do too. At least Elway did it on his own and didn't get his dad involved.

But watch how Eli plays- he has no passion and looks like a wide-eyed deer in headlights out there. His demeanor reminds me of the kid who hates Little League but plays anyway because his dad wants him to.

MikeInRoch
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
(And I bet he's kicking himself because right now the Chargers are much better than the Giants).

At least part of the reason is because he is *on* the Giants.

feldspar
08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
But watch how Eli plays- he has no passion and looks like a wide-eyed deer in headlights out there. His demeanor reminds me of the kid who hates Little League but plays anyway because his dad wants him to.

I agree with you about Eli's demeanor. I like the way you put it. This kid looks wound up tight as a kettle drum. He looks like he doesn't want to be there. I think that's his biggest problem. Experience could change that attitude; we'll have to wait and see. He has the tools IMO - he just needs to get his head out of his A$$.

DynaPaul
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Eli has had bust written all over him since day one. It's a good thing he didn't get stuck on the Chargers because it's likely that he'd be misusing weapons like LT and Gates there and that team would be worse off.