PDA

View Full Version : Would you go after Strahan ?

blackonyx89
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Yes or no? I say no.

G. Host
08-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Nay. We do not need more DEs and he wants more than he is worth.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Considering his age and demands, no. Not to mention, as GHost said, DE is not a major weakness especially on the pass rush.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2007, 11:40 AM
No.

He only wants a new contract because his wife got everything in their divorce.

bigbub2352
08-02-2007, 11:50 AM
We got enough money tied up with our DEs 5 years ago definetly, now NO

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 12:01 PM
If I were playing Madden...maybe.

In real life....hell no.

Buckets
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
No

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I'd take Strahan over Kelsay any day. If we didn't completely overpay Kelsay, it would be an autotmatic Yes.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd take Strahan over Kelsay any day. If we didn't completely overpay Kelsay, it would be an autotmatic Yes.

Ay his age and inability against the run?????

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Ay his age and inability against the run?????

Yup. He's no worse against the run than Kelsay or Denney. Besides, we rotate our DE's from run/pass situations as it is so I don't see why that would be a huge issue.

Our D depends on the front 4 getting to the passer and our DT's sure as hell can't do it.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
He had 3 sacks last year and can't stay healthy anymore. I would rather have Denney/Schobel on passing downs.

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
He had 3 sacks last year and can't stay healthy anymore. I would rather have Denney/Schobel on passing downs.

Doc, I've never thought of you as a homer before, but Denney over Strahan? That's crazy.

Schobel over Strahan at this point in their careers- I would agree with that. But not Denney.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 12:54 PM
For now AND the future - definetly Denney. In his prime, Strahan no question.

But Strahan is 35, has injury issues and wants big money.

When he is on the field, he might be better. But Denney is likely to play 16 games and does not want more than 4 million a year.

His value is greater than Strahan's.

ddaryl
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
he's on the wrong side of 30 and he wants to paid like he can still get 20 sacks a season.

He doesn't fit the Bills need nor is he young enough to be around when we finally make our serious push as a superbowl contender in the next year or 2

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Not at all, the man doesn't even know if he wants to play anymore! Why would this even be a conversation? Our DE's were not the problem last year...

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Not at all, the man doesn't even know if he wants to play anymore! Why would this even be a conversation? Our DE's were not the problem last year...

look at DraftBoy's analysis on runs to the outside. Not that Strahan would help tremendously in that regard, but EVERYONE on the D was part of the problem last year.

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
look at DraftBoy's analysis on runs to the outside. Not that Strahan would help tremendously in that regard, but EVERYONE on the D was part of the problem last year.

Strahan sucks against the run, and I was more than pleased with the DEs numbers against passing situations last year. I try to not jump on you like everybody else does so much around here Op, but you make it really damn hard sometimes. It's like it literally causes you pain to say anything remotely positive about this team.

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Strahan sucks against the run, and I was more than pleased with the DEs numbers against passing situations last year. I try to not jump on you like everybody else does so much around here Op, but you make it really damn hard sometimes. It's like it literally causes you pain to say anything remotely positive about this team.

Well, I think we paid way too much for Kelsay and that both him and Denney are nothing better than average. I know Strahan's up there in years, but when I see people saying they'd rather have the same mediocrity that we've had for years over a player like Strahan, it just drives me insane.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, I think we paid way too much for Kelsay and that both him and Denney are nothing better than average. I know Strahan's up there in years, but when I see people saying they'd rather have the same mediocrity that we've had for years over a player like Strahan, it just drives me insane.

I think the point is that we feel Strahan is now mediocre (at best) now too.

If mediocre is the only choice, give me young and mediocre (and cheaper) over old, mediocre and very expensive.

Bill Brasky
08-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I would take him.

I'm not sold on our secondary, or Kelsay as an elite pass rusher. Best way to combat both of those problems is getting a guy in here that can get the job done.

Problems though: he will want too much money, he's old, and didn't the front office already toss the bank at Kelsay?

It might be a good idea, even if to get us by for a year or two, but no way in hell I see it happening

Jaybird
08-02-2007, 02:05 PM
hes great agianst the run!!!!

i would take him

ddaryl
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Most of our players are continually getting better, and have benfitted by paying their dues in a Bills uniform learning the system, the coaches and the players.

Strahan wouldn't take us from our recent mediocrity spiral either, so why bring in a player that will do little to make us better. Strahan is too just too old for this team, and he probably be worth less in 2008 and even less in 2009. The Bills can get a better option in 2008-2009 that would benefit this team for the years ahead when they are finally set to make that run.

Much of the team is signed thru 2008 2009, and the top names that are coming due will be resigned long term. Strahan will be long gone physically while the rest of the team is peaking.

OpIv37
08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Most of our players are continually getting better, and have benfitted by paying their dues in a Bills uniform learning the system, the coaches and the players.

Strahan wouldn't take us from our recent mediocrity spiral either, so why bring in a player that will do little to make us better. Strahan is too just too old for this team, and he probably be worth less in 2008 and even less in 2009. The Bills can get a better option in 2008-2009 that would benefit this team for the years ahead when they are finally set to make that run.

Much of the team is signed thru 2008 2009, and the top names that are coming due will be resigned long term. Strahan will be long gone physically while the rest of the team is peaking.

what's wrong with a 1 year contract to fill the gap? How much better do you expect Kelsay and Denney to get? They've been in the league for 4 years and 5 years respectively- they're not too likely to suprise at this point in their careers.