PDA

View Full Version : Why is Kalinin and/or Spacek still here?

patmoran2006
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
They both suck.. They both choked in the playoffs. And we just gave Paetsch a three-year deal. I like Paetsch, he should've played in that Ottawa series, especially considering how brutileeeeeeeeeeeee our power play was.

Trade at least one of these scrubs and get some more cap room. I dont care if we get a 87th rounder in the draft in return.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I see.

And who do we trade them to?

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 12:18 PM
They might still be here because it's only July for crying out loud. Christ. Does the FO have to make some sort of move daily or you people get pissed off. Take a pill. The off-season is longer than a day.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
And without either of them, who is the 7th d-man?

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Probably whoever they end up drafting in the 87th round.

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
So you want to have 0 depth like 2 years ago?

What if no one wants them?

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Kalinin and Spacek will come back strong and have good years. I'm not worried.

Dr. Lecter
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM

You force a team to take one of them.

You are kinda slow sometimes.

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Kalinin and Spacek will come back strong and have good years. I'm not worried.
Honestly Spacek was not horrible. The problem with him was that he did not perform anywhere near the contract he received.

Kalinin is hit or miss. Some games he looks great some games he is the worst guy out there.

mchurchfie
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Spacek doesn't look very good without Pronger alongside him to carry his ass and Kalinin has all of the abiility and skills in the world but needs about 4 years of intense psychotherapy.

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
And if we want to get into those that choked in the playoffs, about half our roster could probably go away...

bigbub2352
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
How do u pay these guys there salary when the sabres needed them the most they were playin 8 min a game, then they go an dish out more money for ***ing Teppo the liability, man i cant stand this front office sometimes, they make no sense, trade for Derek Morris, or bring sekeraj, funk, card up as the 7 and play paetsch, patt i agree with u 100%, get a draft pick for them or a prospect, when i read recently they were lookin at extending kahlinin i started crying

mchurchfie
08-02-2007, 02:26 PM
And if we want to get into those that choked in the playoffs, about half our roster could probably go away...
:hi5:

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Honestly Spacek was not horrible. The problem with him was that he did not perform anywhere near the contract he received.

Kalinin is hit or miss. Some games he looks great some games he is the worst guy out there.
I still think that they were hurt during the playoffs.

Spacek is OK and Kalinin will turn it around.

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 02:33 PM

You must be new to how hockey works, or sports in general. When we have a player that can be traded, every other GM is knocking on the door to offer something. Nobody else wanting to deal is NEVER the option. Listen, Pat knows his ****. He knows more than us. Actually, he knows more than Darcy. That's why he has a promising career in sports...errr I mean being a GM...oops, I mean being a journalist...damnit! I meant being a message board know it all.

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
You must be new to how hockey works, or sports in general. When we have a player that can be traded, every other GM is knocking on the door to offer something. Nobody else wanting to deal is NEVER the option. Listen, Pat knows his ****. He knows more than us. Actually, he knows more than Darcy. That's why he has a promising career in sports...errr I mean being a GM...oops, I mean being a journalist...damnit! I meant being a message board know it all.

Besides, it's f'n hockey... who cares, it doesn't hold a candle to football. Football = God!

Bill Brasky
08-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I think we should trade Miller. He missed a few saves last year and I hate him for it. Worthless bum.

RockStar36
08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Besides, it's f'n hockey... who cares, it doesn't hold a candle to football. Football = God!

Hey gr8slayer, how are things down in Tex-Ass?

SabreEleven
08-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Then get your ass back in the other forum and stay there. Some people think hockey is a better sport than football and I'm one of them. I grew up on the Sabres when the Bills were the 2nd class citizen in Buffalo. I can count on one hand how many Bills home games I saw on TV growing up. The Bills sucked for a really long time.

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Then get your ass back in the other forum and stay there. Some people think hockey is a better sport than football and I'm one of them. I grew up on the Sabres when the Bills were the 2nd class citizen in Buffalo. I can count on one hand how many Bills home games I saw on TV growing up. The Bills sucked for a really long time.
Easy man. Holy Grail.

No wait, that's the other forum. Fire away.

SabreEleven
08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Easy man. Holy Grail.

No wait, that's the other forum. Fire away.

BlackMetalNinja
08-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Obviously you didn't understand the joke dude... I post in this forum more than the other one I think. I love hockey to death. We were making fun of gr8slayer because that's the **** he spews all the time.

SabreEleven
08-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I guess I did miss the boat on that one.

mchurchfie
08-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I guess I did miss the boat on that one.Reacharounds are your favorite sport.:limp:

mchurchfie
08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I think we should trade Miller. He missed a few saves last year and I hate him for it. Worthless bum.
Not as many as The FO missed this year.:wail:

Nighthawk
08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
You force a team to take one of them.

You are kinda slow sometimes.

I believe you were saying nobody wanted Biron either? Hmmm, seems that SOMEBODY was out there. There is always somebody willing to take a chance on a player, please don't use that excuse.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2007, 07:26 AM

What was it? 2 points in his final 50 games? Last I knew Spacek was an offensive minded defenseman...horrible doesn't begin to describe his play last year.

I agree on Kalinin. If he was more consistent he'd be the 2nd best defenseman on the Sabres, problem is his major issue is consistency.

Here's the main reason why both or either of these guys are still Sabres. Spacek was so horrible he has zero trade value and/or interest around the league...as well as combining his contract to his numbers. And who's gonna want an incosistent defenseman who's already in his "prime?"