PDA

View Full Version : Butler could miss a week (hamstring)

Philagape
08-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Got this off an AP story ....

Coach Dick Jauron said reserve guard Brad Butler could miss a week of practice after he pulled his left hamstring Wednesday. The injury is a setback for Butler, the second of Buffalo's two 2006 fifth-round draft picks, who is competing with Duke Preston and Jason Whittle to start at right guard.

historypete
08-02-2007, 10:18 PM
He was limping really bad tonight. He couldn't even bend his leg.

Michael82
08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Damn! He was the best of the 3 competiting too. :sigh:

Tatonka
08-03-2007, 12:56 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if this costs him the starting spot by not being out there.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Jauron's comments about not being in a rush to settle the battle at RG, made after Thursday night's practice, make me beli8eve that he would really like to see Butler win the job and is going to give him a little more time to see iif he can once he gets back from his injury.

"I don’t feel like we’re real close right now," said Jauron. "We’d like Brad (Butler) to be in that fight. He’s going to miss some time now which is going to set him back a bit. I think you’d always like to make a decision fast but I’m not in a hurry to make the wrong decision I know that."....

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>We have some really good guys this year. We have some quality options here starting with Jason Whittle. The guy is a veteran. He’s played. He’s a good player, a really good player. He’s a smart player and a really tough guy. Duke is on that side. Brad was over there. We can move Aaron (Merz) over there. There are a number of options. I don’t want to dismiss the young guys. It’s just they’re not in a position yet to really challenge because they’re just learning. They’re just trying to learn the schemes. I like the options. I’d just like them all to be healthy"</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1</o:p>

patmoran2006
08-03-2007, 07:06 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if this costs him the starting spot by not being out there.
I think he still has a good shot. From what I've heard, Jauron hasn't been overly impressed by Preston. Whittle is the "safe" move--- but if Butler puts together a solid preseason he can still end up starting, which I think most of us would like to see.

Dont get me wrong, missing time in camp when you are young and competiting for a spot is a bad thing.

G. Host
08-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Whittle may start season and Butler take over when ready. I know some would like our OL to be set day 1 but rarely do all 5 linemen remain constant all season.

madness
08-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Whittle may start season and Butler take over when ready. I know some would like our OL to be set day 1 but rarely do all 5 linemen remain constant all season.

I'm thinking the same thing.

G. Host
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I am thinking Whittle will be our "swing" guard who does not need a lot of reps in camp because he is a veteran and can take over either guard spot. Valuable lineman but will only be re-signed next year if no other younger guard will be ready to step up.